Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Anyone caught Axl's whistle?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone caught Axl's whistle?  (Read 4421 times)
wadey
Legend

« on: September 01, 2010, 02:53:32 PM »

Does anyone know if Axl uses a specific brand of whistle for the PC intro, or has anyone caught one recently
im asking because i was at the barriers at Leeds and when Axl threw the whistle it flew right by me.
when the show was over i walked by the area the whistle came down and i found a whistle  Shocked, so i figured it could have been fumbled and ended up on the floor maybe
the one i found is made by SportCraft and looks to be a quality one (and its also new)
i would appreciate any help - as you can imagine i wouldnt mind finding out if i got Axl's whistle

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »

Do you realize that MAYBE you have Axl's whistle?

wadey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »

Do you realize that MAYBE you have Axl's whistle?

yes  hihi ......

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
wadey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »

Just been watching the november rain pro shot from reading and you can clearly see a whistle hanging down behind axl. The whistle i have is exactly the same and i will post pics as soon as i can. but then i also got thinking that the reading whistle never got used, so it will have also been used for leeds. So the whistle thrown at leeds will also be the one from reading

wadey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 02:03:45 PM »

right heres the pics

ive zoomed in best i can using a still from nov rain (reading pro shot) and you can clearly see the black typing on the lanyard
ive taken a pic showing my whistle hanging roughly the same position and you can tell its the same whistle  beer
ive also shown a full pic of my whistle to show you all - like i already said i dont think the Reading whistle got thrown to the crowd because PC never got played, so ive not only got the Leeds whistle i think ive got the Reading one too
And yes ive blown it and its the same pitch/tone etc
so i think have i enough proof to be able to say i got Axl's whistle  ok ok ok

svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 02:42:19 PM »

Lol very cool if it's indeed Axl's whistle Smiley
During their gig in the netherlands I was one of the first people to arrive exactly in the middle, first row. But I went to the back and picked a spot I think the microphone would end.
It eventually ended 2 meters to my left, didn't get it Sad
Oh well.. retry in october Wink

wadey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 02:46:29 PM »

Lol very cool if it's indeed Axl's whistle Smiley
During their gig in the netherlands I was one of the first people to arrive exactly in the middle, first row. But I went to the back and picked a spot I think the microphone would end.
It eventually ended 2 meters to my left, didn't get it Sad
Oh well.. retry in october Wink

Unlucky - i guess its very hard to predict where somethings gonna land though, you can start off in the middle but you always end up moving somewhere when the crowd starts jumping  peace

the microphone is definately on my hit list for October  yes

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 05:26:06 PM »

Wonder if anyone on this board has caught Axl's mic? I heard security will try to get it back if they see who catches it.

Cheers on finding the whistle!!!!! What a find!!!!Good eye!!! beer
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »

Wadey that looks like you definitely got his whistle - nice work!!!!

Bizzare that nobody got it when he threw it, but probably in the dark with people scrambling and moving, things just get kicked around and disappear.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 02:35:12 PM »

Wonder if anyone on this board has caught Axl's mic? I heard security will try to get it back if they see who catches it.

i know a board member caught one in 2006 but i cant remember who? cheers for the comment  Smiley

Bizzare that nobody got it when he threw it, but probably in the dark with people scrambling and moving, things just get kicked around and disappear.

yeah its suprising what you can find on the floor......its always worth having a quick look just incase. normally i find the odd ticket stubb etc or maybe a phone, but i never thought id find Axl's Fucking Whistle  beer beer 

it does make it more special that i can actually see its the same one in the video footage  yes yes

thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 04:48:50 AM »

i know a board member caught one in 2006 but i cant remember who? cheers for the comment  Smiley

yeah its suprising what you can find on the floor......its always worth having a quick look just incase. normally i find the odd ticket stubb etc or maybe a phone, but i never thought id find Axl's Fucking Whistle  beer beer 

it does make it more special that i can actually see its the same one in the video footage  yes yes

awesome that you found it
It's a very cool item
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:16:40 AM by thinkaboutyou » Logged
wadey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 11:23:24 AM »

ive been thinking about framing it, but then i got thinking i might want to blow it just once in a while maybe. so im undecided yet  ok

wadey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 03:16:33 PM »

here you go -----  RitzWalker8 found one  ok
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=48988.0

thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 07:43:47 PM »

I have a mic didn't catch it but
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=125119&st=0&p=2154900&hl=ottawa%202006&fromsearch=1&#entry2154900

It's also possible that Bubbles, Ricky and Julian used the same mic but am not 100% due to the lack of clear video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DAF7Oj4a_E

would love to catch something from a  gig maybe on one of the upcoming Aus shows
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:41:00 PM by thinkaboutyou » Logged
wadey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=125119&st=0&p=2154900&hl=ottawa%202006&fromsearch=1&#entry2154900

It's also possible that Bubbles, Ricky and Julian used the same mic but am not 100% due to the lack of clear video

would love to catch something from a  gig maybe on one of the upcoming Aus shows

found your old thread - your username used to be gnronanightrain  ok  i would love to have his mic  beer
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=53272.msg1106217#msg1106217

thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 07:21:57 PM »

found your old thread - your username used to be gnronanightrain  ok  i would love to have his mic  beer
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=53272.msg1106217#msg1106217

The whistle is super cool just as good as the mic's
It would be nice to frame the whistle with some photos from the show
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: