Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:45:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 150828 times)
wadey
Legend

« Reply #320 on: September 02, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »

IMHO the problem regarding trolls throwing shit on shows and events could be fixed if actually all the Security guys do their fucking job. Period.
Still, I can't imagine how come all these security staff stood up and did nothing when there was some asshole throwing some bottle of piss to the stage? did someone in Dublin watch if any of those assholes were kicked out of the gig?

And btw, stop being pussies regarding GNR being late.

I agree, but out of interest what would you have suggested security do? Surely theres 40-50 security facing 5,000 people. Could they realistically pick the 3/4 twats out?

if theyre throwing shit from the middle of the floor, say maybe 30-40 rows back security have no chance to be fair
the best idea is to stop bottles getting to the floor in the first place - but they cant stop that either  no

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #321 on: September 02, 2010, 03:14:49 PM »

It's really sad to see all this bad press, just because of couple of pricks who wanted to steal the show, while it seems like the other half of the gig was just great GNR action. Of course Axl wasn't in his best mood, but still. Maybe it wasn't Axl's best day (that's how it seems to be), this happens, but all in all it's sad how things turned out, this band just don't deserve this. Hopefully Axl will give us some kind of message concerning this incident.

Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #322 on: September 02, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »

respect for me is buying them a beer rather that throwing a beer...

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #323 on: September 02, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »

Hopefully a couple days to cool off, get things in order for the Italy shows, and things will take a more positive tone. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
bananasforaxl
Headliner

« Reply #324 on: September 02, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »

Personally, I LOVE the late starts...makes a special night last longer, & lets the anticipation build.  It will never cease to amaze me that people are surprised/pissed about the late starts after all these years.  I don't think the start time can even be labeled "late" anymore...more like "normal." 

Minneapolis September 1992
Minneapolis December 2006
Winnipeg January 2010
Minneapolis November 2011
Chicago November 2011
Las Vegas November 2012
Las Vegas May 2014 x 2
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »

Guns N' Roses! I love you! Keep up the good fight! beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #326 on: September 02, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »

IMHO the problem regarding trolls throwing shit on shows and events could be fixed if actually all the Security guys do their fucking job. Period.
Still, I can't imagine how come all these security staff stood up and did nothing when there was some asshole throwing some bottle of piss to the stage? did someone in Dublin watch if any of those assholes were kicked out of the gig?

And btw, stop being pussies regarding GNR being late.

After the band had left the stage security finally woke up and decided to act.  Bottles and cups were being thrown at the person on stage (manager/promoter?) who came on and announced that they were trying to resolve the issue, and then I saw about 3 or 4 people dragged over the barrier and manhandled out.  Even that was poorly handled in my view because they should have immediately put the house lights on before addressing the crowd but they didn't even do this until much later, thus allowing the perpetrators the cover of darkness.

Also, I'm not suggesting it's always easy to identify the culprit but it's funny how some security have no trouble swooping on someone taking a photo but faced with the task of taking out a troublemaker and they do bugger all about it.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #327 on: September 02, 2010, 04:35:18 PM »

Promoters have to do a better job informing the crowd that curfews have been lifted etc..

i think all the bullshit reporting from the Reading festival led to a lot of last night's problems. People feared the curfew was gonna be invoked and power shut off, so they thought they basically spent 100 bucks on a 30 minute show. if the promoter had came out before the show and annoucned the curfew was lifted etc. i think it wouldn't have been as bad.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #328 on: September 02, 2010, 05:30:53 PM »

Axl's vocals are fucking shit hot on Jungle. ok

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #329 on: September 02, 2010, 05:47:50 PM »

Basically I end up speechless when shit like this happens. I grew up with Hippie parents that taught me respect!! I can't even understand why anyone would want to throw their own piss at someone!!! Not too mention the others that get it all over them. Where I come from I would consider that assault! and yet Axl is always too blame.

Time for me to stay away from live radio for a few days. I get sick and tired of them bitching about what they know nothing about!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #330 on: September 02, 2010, 06:06:30 PM »

Can we confirm it was piss or is that just something people started?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #331 on: September 02, 2010, 06:12:04 PM »

Several people from here have said they saw people with piss bottles.
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: September 02, 2010, 06:18:51 PM »

I believe Axl and the whole band should do a clear the air type interview with someone in the media with a lot of clout, MTV or something. Discuss the reality of the start times, all the issues of late, the media onslaught and apologise for anything that they could have done better and explain the truth about things they cant have helped to make people understand. Just have a frank discussion and put it out there. Whether its anyones fault or not, things are really getting out of hand and I think doing something like this would go some way in reducing the tension.
There is real danger of these bad vibes surrounding them escalating further and someone could get hurt, if I was in this band I would really want to try bring the situation back down to earth.

This wouldn't achieve anything (imo) - the media (in the main) has a clear anti-Axl agenda and it would just be twisted to fit the narrative they want. Take for example today's Irish Herald (I saved the article and review if anyone is interested) - it is basically a hatchet job (photo of Axl with caption Diva Rose etc) talking about the bottle incident making it out like not such a big deal and the band should have stayed on stage and then hilariously it references a page further back in the newspaper where there is a completely outrageous piece personally insulting Axl and the band written by someone else (did he even attend the gig?).  Axl refuses to play ball with the media and I love him for that.

GREG
(was going to post a review but there are a couple of excellent ones here already! Hope everyone enjoyed the updates - to be honest it was nice to move a little further back after the band left the stage where I could fire off texts more easily if they came back - at least I knew I wouldn't get caught in any riot!)

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »

shit, a band takes a lil over an hour to take the stage and people are bitching?

im the biggest GNR fan ever (i know, i know, you guys think the same Tongue lol) and i only got to see them twice. once back in Brazil and the last time in sturgis and i think i waited WAAYY longer than that and i i must say... not surprised!

hopefully they'll come to the US after this european leg and i'll get only wait for a lil over an hour, that'd be a blessing

going to a GNR concert and complaining about waiting for 1 hour is like going to a lady gaga concert and complaining about gayness
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2010, 06:40:28 PM »

OK back in Birmingham UK now, and feel so good after seeing Guns rock Dublin.

It was a brilliant show, Axl and the band seem to get better and better. After the band went offstage, due to the bottle(s). I was ready for the show to be over, as Axl stopped Jungle to address this and this was the second time.

If the show was over at that point, I was more than happy in it being so, as no band deserves to get bottles thrown their way causing danger to both band and crew. But GN'R soldiered on and played an amazing set, and to their credit delivered a really classy show.

There are always going to be idiots in the audience, and there is always going to be media talking out their arses.

What I do know is GN'R rocked, and never backed down.

Thank You to GN'R for yet another amazing show.

beer
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 06:43:28 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #335 on: September 02, 2010, 06:43:09 PM »

Axl is #4 on trending now on Yahoo. This is definitely getting people's attention. Maybe not a bad thing, except the articles it links to are pretty much negative, in particular the one from Associated Press is titled "Axl Rose tries Dublin's patience, sends crowd home"

Seriously? Talk about negative spin! Someone should ask this so called writer what they would do if someone threw piss filled bottles at them.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #336 on: September 02, 2010, 06:45:03 PM »

It was a brilliant show, Axl and the band seem to get better and better. After the band went offstage, due to the bottle(s). I was ready for the show to be over, as Axl stopped Jungle to address this and this was the second time.

If the show was over at that point, I was more than happy in it being so, as no band deserves to get bottles thrown their way causing danger to both band and crew. But GN'R soldiered on and played an amazing set, and to their credit delivered a really classy show.

There are always going to be idiots in the audience, and there is always going to be media talking out their arses.

beer
Dude, you won't have enough space in your signature for that many shows, haha. hihi

I'm glad you had a good time there. Seems like some can't understand how classy the band acted after all the shit.

nate76
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #337 on: September 02, 2010, 06:48:40 PM »

Well. to give you an example of media bias, the radio today mentioned incident in Dublin, and got every detail right except they forgot to mention that GnR got back on stage a little while later.  They ended the story with Axl waking off stage.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #338 on: September 02, 2010, 07:54:57 PM »

beer
Dude, you won't have enough space in your signature for that many shows, haha. hihi

I'm glad you had a good time there. Seems like some can't understand how classy the band acted after all the shit.

Haha, I know had to get rid of a few spacebars to get them all into the signature. But in all honesty, it's a pleasure to see Guns N' Roses live and I never get tired of traveling to see them. It just gets better and better, whether it's a different country, city, continent, GN'R always rock and I can't get enough.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:11:56 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #339 on: September 02, 2010, 08:03:28 PM »

A guy passed me saying he pissed in a few bottles, I thought he did it cos he didn't want to leave in case he missed the start but he headed toward the front of stage with them moments later I saw them being hurled. I didn't taste it myself so can't confirm but as far as I know it was

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: