Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:51:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 150840 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2010, 09:05:26 AM »

have other  bands had the same problem is what i am asking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL1dvdGoOvk

Don't think he stayed

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2010, 09:06:45 AM »

From Dj's Facebook:

Dj ASHBA?  Many thx to all of you who stuck it out with us last night, turning a negative night into a positive one, and for not allowing a few bad apples in the crowd to spoil our fun! Here in Rome, this place is in-f%$#ing-sane!!! Wow, it's beyond beautiful here. Got to get some zzzzzzz...... ttyl.
24 minutes ago

yeah but have Metallica ever had bottles thrown at them? have other  bands had the same problem is what i am asking? and there were 3 bottles thrown right?

Three too many.

Plenty of artist have had objects thrown at them and done the same thing GN'R did.

Some never even came back on.

so at most 3 people threw bottles.

so that is far from everyone or a high number.

It doesn't really matter if it's one, three or a hundred.

GNR played Leeds in the pouring rain and Axl had no problems moving all over the stage.

So? When it rains you notice it. You know it's gonna be slippery because it's fucking raining!

When it's not raining and suddenly there's a slippery spot on stage, you might be in trouble.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »

I'm irish and was so pissed off with other people there last night. Harden the fuck up!!! It's a rock n roll show! I don't blame Axl for fucking off. So glad he came back on. His voice was amazing and the band are tight and really worth watching!!! The people booing should've stayed at home and watched a Westlife DVD

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2010, 09:21:16 AM »

GNR played Leeds in the pouring rain and Axl had no problems moving all over the stage.

Was no rain at Leeds your thinking of Reading

The band in general was protected from rain by the stage, the main section that was getting wet was Axls Walkway, which we watched the crew staple towel to the floor and generally mop that shit up, imagine running across the stage, its dry dry dry all of a sudden wet, most times youll be lucky and catch yourself, sometimes you'll hit the deck as Axl has done in the past, like Jarmo says when its raining your on your guard too, in an arena, not too much chance of rain eh. Just pricks with bottles.

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2010, 09:23:35 AM »

The ones to blame for last night was the two idiots/muppets that threw the bottles on stage. As already stated these two people should have been pointed out and banned from the 02. Not just kicked out last night. You dont need to throw bottles of whatever crap at an artist/band to show your pissed off for whatever reason. It could have been a great gig, but was ruined by these idiots. When Axl came back out he was just not interested in being there.
That said GNR should learn to come on stage at the time they are supposed to and not use every excuse in the book for not coming on. Every other band can do it, why not GNR?? There is nothing rock n' roll about been late. I think what happened last night was something that was waiting to happen because of all these late on stage times.
Please remember people there was about 14000 fans there last night and this was because of 2. It was nothing to do about Dublin or Ireland, this could have happened at any show/ anywhere.
Hopefully this will not put GNR off coming back here again.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2010, 09:24:23 AM »

yeah but have Metallica ever had bottles thrown at them? have other  bands had the same problem is what i am asking? and there were 3 bottles thrown right?

D, im from Dublin. Ive been to many many gigs and ive never seen anyone throwing bottles at  bands.
Metallica have played here 3 or 4 times in the last few years without any incident.
The Guns N Roses show in 2006 went by without any incident.  (they were on time that day).
This gig was ruined for 2 reasons.  The band came on late and some idiots threw bottles at them.

i know this band has to deal with a lot of hate but leaving is only playing into the haters hands.
They probably went to get a reaction outta Axl and they got it.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2010, 09:28:41 AM »

Here's some simple math:

You + Being mad about GN'Rs late start times = You staying home.

Fair enough?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #247 on: September 02, 2010, 09:32:14 AM »

Every other band can do it, why not GNR??

Because it's GN'R.

Isn't it obvious that GN'R just isn't like any other band?

A lot of bands go on at the exact time they're supposed to be on. And then act out the show. People get to be in bed before midnight and everyone is happy.

Roll Eyes

I've seen other bands come on stage late. I've seen bands play shows when maybe they shouldn't have played because the singer had no voice (Marilyn Manson)....

As long as it's human beings on stage performing, things like this will happen.

If the opening act is still on at 9PM, maybe you need to take a hint and realize that maybe the headliner won't be done at 11PM as you had hoped.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:35:32 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2010, 09:37:34 AM »

well GNR were on time back in 2006

my biggest question is, if the curfew is 11pm, why is the support act going on at 8?

shouldn't the support act go on at 7 to 8 then that gives an hour 15 or so for the change over, GNR at 9:10 like 2006.. no problems.

Ive heard people were told their cars would be locked up at midnight etc... so  i blame a lot on whoever riled the fans up with fear etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #249 on: September 02, 2010, 09:40:27 AM »

So?

Different day, different situation.

I'm surprised you're the one bringing this up. Considering you change your opinion on GN'R more often than some change underwear.

Your opinion changes from day to day. So how come you're comparing one show to another without realizing that maybe things weren't the same?

my biggest question is, if the curfew is 11pm, why is the support act going on at 8?

Well they didn't turn off the sound now did they....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:42:47 AM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2010, 09:46:41 AM »

im not saying anything is wrong with the late start. im just saying, u have people saying how the crowd acts a certain way and i was just pointing out GNR had no incident in 2006.

if u know a crowd is infamous for being unruly, why be surprised when they act unruly?

my opinion hasn't changed. I just think there are better ways to deal with certain situations so 14k people aren't potentially endangered.

Turn on house lights, tell the crowd u aren't playing till the person responsible is pointed out.  Make leaving the last option.
if no one points the person out, then leave but my money is on the perpetrator being handed over with the swiftness.

When does it stop being the fans' fault? *bottle throwing aside which is never cool* but this Euro tour has started off pretty bad. 3 of 4 shows have already had big time controversies etc...

now is that rock n roll? is that cool? maybe   but in 2010 with the internet and people no longer really caring about that stuff, it can't be good for business.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:50:41 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2010, 09:52:59 AM »

Because it's quite obvious from what people have said here that it wasn't water or even beer that was being thrown. I sure as hell wouldn't stand around while bottles of piss were being thrown at me and I don't really know anyone else who would either. So why the fuck should the band have to deal with it?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #252 on: September 02, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »

im not saying anything is wrong with the late start. im just saying, u have people saying how the crowd acts a certain way and i was just pointing out GNR had no incident in 2006.

There was no incident in Belfast the night before.

if u know a crowd is infamous for being unruly, why be surprised when they act unruly?

It wasn't the crowd, it was a little group.

Turn on house lights, tell the crowd u aren't playing till the person responsible is pointed out.  Make leaving the last option.
if no one points the person out, then leave but my money is on the perpetrator being handed over with the swiftness.

If things were that simple.

You think everything will be fine just because in your scenario everything plays out the way you planned?

What if the coward isn't found and you end the show?

This is becoming a Dead Horse topic and those of you wanting to keep going that route can do so in the proper section...

/jarmo

coolhandluke
Opening Act

« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2010, 10:06:27 AM »

Because it's quite obvious from what people have said here that it wasn't water or even beer that was being thrown. I sure as hell wouldn't stand around while bottles of piss were being thrown at me and I don't really know anyone else who would either. So why the fuck should the band have to deal with it?

exactly its amazing that everybody seems to be blaming axl for this its the people trying to physically hurt the band members that are to blame
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2010, 10:16:24 AM »

Hahahaha this is the reason why i like Axl Rose...This is the best band 9in the fuckin world
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2010, 10:19:15 AM »

shouldn't the support act go on at 7 to 8 then that gives an hour 15 or so for the change over, GNR at 9:10 like 2006.. no problems.

Ive heard people were told their cars would be locked up at midnight etc... so  i blame a lot on whoever riled the fans up with fear etc.

It seems there was no curfew at all or they arranged to cancel it this night. MCD said GnR were due on stage 9:45 so they obviously arranged a later time in advance which was the correct way to do things. So the support act were due to play 8 until 9. However with GnR not ready to go on at their allotted time, the support continued by telling stories and dragging out songs until 9.30. GnR turned up at 10.30. Nevertheless, there was never an issue with the show continuing until 1 o'clock. If the representives of the venue made it clear that there would be no curfew and cars wouldn't get locked into the car parks at the venue, it would have resolved the situation. A lot of people felt they wouldn't get a full show especially after what happened at Reading, and there was a lot of uncertainty. Anyway, just wanted to explain why the support act went on when they did.

Then when Axl left, the venue Security shouldn't have been telling people to leave until they were sure the gig was over. These are things people are annoyed about.

To be fair to D, I don't think he has changed his opinion on GnR. Just because he loves the band, doesn't mean he won't be unhappy about some things.

dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2010, 10:22:46 AM »

In relation to jamies statement that only the real fucking fans were left is utter bollox .

I left when the house lights came on as i really felt uncomfortable with the way things were brewing.........simple as.

I firmly belived we were going to have a st louis pt2.

coolhandluke
Opening Act

« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2010, 10:25:09 AM »

well thats one thing about a guns n roses concert you never know what the fuck is going to happen
Lars
Opening Act

I am the walrus

« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »

anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »

It seems there was no curfew at all or they arranged to cancel it this night. MCD said GnR were due on stage 9:45 so they obviously arranged a later time in advance which was the correct way to do things. So the support act were due to play 8 until 9. However with GnR not ready to go on at their allotted time, the support continued by telling stories and dragging out songs until 9.30. GnR turned up at 10.30. Nevertheless, there was never an issue with the show continuing until 1 o'clock. If the representives of the venue made it clear that there would be no curfew and cars wouldn't get locked into the car parks at the venue, it would have resolved the situation. A lot of people felt they wouldn't get a full show especially after what happened at Reading, and there was a lot of uncertainty. Anyway, just wanted to explain why the support act went on when they did.

Then when Axl left, the venue Security shouldn't have been telling people to leave until they were sure the gig was over. These are things people are annoyed about.

To be fair to D, I don't think he has changed his opinion on GnR. Just because he loves the band, doesn't mean he won't be unhappy about some things.

With regards to the "gig was over" i believe there was a lot of confusion, with even the crew thinking it was over, seems Axl had a change of heart.

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: