Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:50:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 150839 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2010, 05:31:58 AM »

Venues should just ban bottles and do bag checks as you go to the floor (Wembley for example), it works fine and will reduce this bullshit behaviour massively.  It's dangerous, disrespectful and fucking embarrassing to be watching your favourite band when the actions of a few lone dickheads create a situtation that alters everything, changes the atmopshere for EVERYONE , ESPECIALLY the band to a negative. 

I applaud them for coming back onstage after this. Harks back to Download 2006 indeed.  I have nothing but deeper respect for them all.

An hour for changeover is perfectly reasonable when you're talking about pyros and firey things (LALD) and a set/lighting show such as GnR - or do we want another Hetfield '92 incident?? Of course not.  If checks are not made, mistakes can happen and people can be hurt onstage. And wet stages are probably the most dangerous for obvious reasons, whether thats water or piss (this revolts me). 

One of the big problems though is that the gates were opened at half 6!  If people buy a ticket to see GNR, they want to see GNR.  The support act was on for like 90 mins.  No disrespect to them, but people don't want to see a support act for that long.  Then another one hour wait after the support act.

So the total time between gates opening and GNR going on was 4 hours.  Regardless of whose fault that is, its a very long wait.  We know Axl will always be a bit late but it sounds a bit poorly organised too,

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Nikolis-Godfather
Opening Act

« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2010, 05:37:41 AM »

Please Is GN`R...

ok

why some guys dont want to have some fun... Rock N Roll!
Anyway that's why i love this band... unpredictable!

The Best, The Best, Axl Rose is the Best...
Every time i listen him i feel a pressure in my chest
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2010, 05:46:11 AM »

My hat goes off to Axl and the band. Last night was total bullshit and they got back up there and rocked. I know who the better man is! And it sure the hell isn't the asshole with a piss bottle.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Masken
Opening Act

« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2010, 05:46:46 AM »

My hat goes off to Axl and the band. Last night was total bullshit and they got back up there and rocked. I know who the better man is! And it sure the hell isn't the asshole with a piss bottle.

+1 =))
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2010, 05:51:05 AM »

One of the big problems though is that the gates were opened at half 6!  If people buy a ticket to see GNR, they want to see GNR.  The support act was on for like 90 mins.  No disrespect to them, but people don't want to see a support act for that long.  Then another one hour wait after the support act.

So the total time between gates opening and GNR going on was 4 hours.  Regardless of whose fault that is, its a very long wait.  We know Axl will always be a bit late but it sounds a bit poorly organised too,

But main bands are never going to be onstage anything close to the door opening time.  If it's one support band for 90 mins or two support bands during that time, this is standard before the main act at a gig. 
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2010, 06:01:01 AM »

This is not from me but taken from another forum... but just some info for people that were told to leave etc.

Just been onto ticketmaster. Official word is no refunds will be given as the band played a full set (disrupted as it may be). They did advise to file a complaint via email to them & MCD & then "something might be arranged". The gig was recorded & no announcement was made of a call off so as far as they are concerned, despite what people were told by individual employees around the O2, the gig was played as stated. He did mention that tickets never state a beginning or end time for just this reason.

They advised that everyone in your party makes an individual complaint rather than one for all.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2010, 06:05:55 AM »

Ok, drama... Grin

At least Axl is in the media, they write about this all over the norwegian news. More tour-pr ;>

http://www.nrk.no/kultur_og_underholdning/1.7274992

http://www.abcnyheter.no/node/116308

Video of the drama

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2010, 06:30:06 AM »

Why do people throw shit, that is really screwed up. Something is really wrong if someone wants to do that.

That's pretty much all that can be said.

It's likely nothing to do with the start time either. If 10.30 is past your bedtime and you respond by throwing your bottle out of your pram, you're the fuckhead. Chances are, some drunk asshole just thought "Hey let's go throw piss at Axl Rose, hurp durp..."

And there goes the challenger...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2010, 06:59:02 AM »

Dublin has no class anymore. It is about alcohol and nothing more.

People avoid Belfast because of their history, but it is a more respectful place to be now for alot of bands.

It is not the fault of the Southern Irish, it is more to do with Ryanair who have imported an influx of European drunks to the country who see Dublin as some kind of alcoholic Mecca.

Dude, i don't think a few idiots throwing bottles gives u the right to desecrate an entire country..........

Read again, carefully this time, what Mysteron wrote, and maybe you'll want to apologize to him afterwards...

what does the first line say? and right after a dude from there got offended so yeah, seems to me he was blaming everyone for 3 or so people.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2010, 07:03:50 AM »

Statement issued by Promoters MCD & the management of The O2 regarding the Guns N' Roses concert at The 02, Dublin, Wednesday 1st September 2010.

Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

During the second song Axl requested members of crowd who were throwing plastic glass's containing unknown substances to immediately stop or he would have no option but to leave the stage. He confirmed band's wish to perform stating "we want to stay..one more bottle and we go home". Despite his continued appeals, having tried to continue performing for 22 minutes,
people continued throwing unknown substances leaving artist with no choice but to leave the stage.

From the stage MCD Promoter Denis Desmond again appealed to audience to refrain from throwing items and stated that the band would be back on stage shortly.

The artist was prevented from leaving the venue by the Promoter and following backstage discussions Guns N' Roses went back on stage at 23.20 hrs and performed their full set until 00.53 hrs.

While the artist has a long history for being late on stage (Slane 1992 - crowd waiting 2 hours and last weekend's UK Reading festival), NO artist should be subjected to missiles and unknown substances being thrown at them. However, despite this the band went back on stage after people stopped throwing items performing their full set of songs in full.

MCD and The 02 wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to late running of the show.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2010, 07:08:40 AM »

Typical of MCD and the venue... blame the band and the fans.  Crowd might not have been so hostile if staff hadn't of told them the car park was closing at half 11 and they could be fined if their cars weren't out by then.  Or if the staff hadn't of told people to leave.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2010, 07:14:00 AM »

Was quite funny. Danko must have only intended to play for an hour. However, he was clearly told to drag out the show as GnR wouldn't be taking the stage until a long time after. So he played an extra half an hour telling big long stories and dragging out the songs.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2010, 08:08:47 AM »

People avoid Belfast because of their history, but it is a more respectful place to be now for alot of bands.

It is not the fault of the Southern Irish, it is more to do with Ryanair who have imported an influx of European drunks to the country who see Dublin as some kind of alcoholic Mecca.

Dude, i don't think a few idiots throwing bottles gives u the right to desecrate an entire country..........

Read again, carefully this time, what Mysteron wrote, and maybe you'll want to apologize to him afterwards...

what does the first line say?

It says Dublin, not Dubliners. I am saying Dublin has been spoilt by all the tourists going there and getting drunk.

It's good to see the band went back on though. That takes alot of courage.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2010, 08:13:47 AM »

This is my first time posting here for a while for reasons I wont go into right now, but I just want to say I'm from Dublin, and went to both the Belfast and Dublin gigs; for the city thats meant to have "troubles" Belfast was hands down the more enjoyable and laid back and positive gig. Even in the queue for the O2 there seemed to be trouble brewing, lots of drunk people who seemed to be at the gig for one reason and one reason only, to stir shit. It pisses me right off that someone or some people would attend a concert to throw fucking bottles at the lead singer, its childish, immature and nearly ruined the whole night for everyone. Anyone who wants to blame Axl or anyone else but the crowd for that matter need only consider the absolutely incredible gig at the Odyssey in Belfast; its simple, dont fucking push Axl. If he says he'll leave the stage if another bottle is thrown, you better believe he means it. I'm embarrassed to be from Dublin after that fucking charade, and I can only say kudos to Axl for standing up for his and his band's safety and not taking horseshit from ignorant scumbags out to ruin everyone else's night. When the band took back to the stage it was clear that Axl wasnt happy, but still nailed his vocals, and gave who was left in the arena, the real fucking fans, what they deserved, a Guns n Roses show.
coolhandluke
Opening Act

« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2010, 08:21:59 AM »

I used to visit this place years ago but haven't been around for so long that I have forgotten my password. All I can say is I was at the gig last night and I can safely that say those people throwing bottles were just scumbags i think most sensible people realise that this wasn't axl's doing it was those assholes I've been trawling the web looking for irish articles that support Axl's side in this but so far have only found one  http://rulehibernia.com/2010/09/axl-rose-welcome-to-dublin/ I guess its because the people who were throwing the bottles are also the people with the biggest mouths
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2010, 08:30:47 AM »

It says Dublin, not Dubliners. I am saying Dublin has been spoilt by all the tourists going there and getting drunk.

well to me it was blaming everyone when in reality it may have been 1 or 2 idiots.  Same with this last night. Has to be a better way to handle this situation.

why not, turn the house lights on.. say u aren't playing until the person who threw the bottle is pointed out.

im sure the crowd would very quickly point them out. security throws them out, u continue show without a hitch.

let me ask u this Mysteron... does this crowd throw bottles at every band who plays there? Cause going by what u say, they should do the same stuff at every concert regardless of the band on the bill. They don't. they got pissed obviously at waiting and acted unruly. no excusing throwing bottles ever but seems they felt anger due to the wait.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:35:56 AM by D » Logged

makane
Legend

« Reply #236 on: September 02, 2010, 08:40:27 AM »

Typical of MCD and the venue... blame the band and the fans.  Crowd might not have been so hostile if staff hadn't of told them the car park was closing at half 11 and they could be fined if their cars weren't out by then.  Or if the staff hadn't of told people to leave.

Am I missing something here? So you think the staff made a mistake telling people who need to go to work the next day, that if they go over certain time limit they might not get their car out? wat
Or was the closing time fabricated?
Anyway, everyone knows how all of this could've been avoided.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
coolhandluke
Opening Act

« Reply #237 on: September 02, 2010, 08:41:59 AM »

I think thats a good point about getting the crowd to point the f*ckers out
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2010, 08:57:52 AM »

well to me it was blaming everyone when in reality it may have been 1 or 2 idiots.  Same with this last night. Has to be a better way to handle this situation.

why not, turn the house lights on.. say u aren't playing until the person who threw the bottle is pointed out.

im sure the crowd would very quickly point them out. security throws them out, u continue show without a hitch.

let me ask u this Mysteron... does this crowd throw bottles at every band who plays there? Cause going by what u say, they should do the same stuff at every concert regardless of the band on the bill. They don't. they got pissed obviously at waiting and acted unruly. no excusing throwing bottles ever but seems they felt anger due to the wait.

Not deffending "Gn'R" getting on stage more than a bit late.

...But according to alot of people there, there was more than just 1 or 2 idiots were throwing things and not just bottles of water at band members..

I don't think Metallica or anyone else would stay around after 5 songs with that kind of crowd.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #239 on: September 02, 2010, 08:59:55 AM »

yeah but have Metallica ever had bottles thrown at them? have other  bands had the same problem is what i am asking? and there were 3 bottles thrown right?

so at most 3 people threw bottles.

so that is far from everyone or a high number.

GNR played Leeds in the pouring rain and Axl had no problems moving all over the stage.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: