Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 150813 times)
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2010, 10:42:41 PM »

I have no other words than Chapeau for Axl and the band for COMPLETING! the setlist! the things i've witnessed and experienced there where unbelievable. even during Danko ppl where shouting for slash and throwing bottles up front. 20 minutes in the stage changes ppl where booing etc....so strange to have been there up front.

and because of all of that b*llshit i missed my carpool to the airport  rant rofl right DJ hihi ...and am waiting here for my cab to arrive...guess i will sleep on the plane Wink
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:01:00 PM by jarmo » Logged

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Christian
VIP

« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2010, 10:44:10 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLUUQdqA0I
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2010, 10:51:34 PM »

throwing shit onstage is stupid, never understood it.  This is a band you paid money to see and you are going to throw stuff at them?  Dumb.  GNR had every right to walk off.  It is unfortunate that 2 or 3 assholes can ruin it for 20,000 people, I think the fans should start taking some action as well by pointing out to security when someone throws something so they can be ejected from the venue.  I know if I saw someone getting ready to throw something at Axl or any band I went to see for that matter, i would either  try to stop them and if I couldnt do that in time I would get security and get them kicked out.  People dont realize you can seriously injure someone with a bottle, nevermind the type of injury that can result from a wet stage, you could break your neck.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2010, 11:16:39 PM »

Wow, you can see the roadies running around like maniacs trying to wipe up the mess and then a fountain squirting through the air by one of the bottles.  That is just utterly ridiculous.  People are animals.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2010, 11:48:51 PM »

People comments on this video are as ignorant as the fuckers who booed and threw shit onstage. Those people should never ever be allowed to see the band live again.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #205 on: September 02, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »

I posted this over at www.gnrevolution.com but I might as well post it here too.

About the going on late.  Why does it seem like all of a sudden, the late starts are getting so much attention?  Am I crazy to think that it's due to the coverage it got leading up to the Reading/Leeds festivals?  They put it out in the press, pretty much warning the crowd that they could be in for a long wait.  I know it's been said to death, but they've ALWAYS gone on late.  And 1 hour, a half hour, 1 and a half hours, that's not exactly breaking any records.  A lot of shows have close to an hour wait in between the opening act and the main act.  I went to see Tom Petty a few weeks back and he went on about an hour after Crosby, Stills, and Nash.

It just seems like there's something a little extra going on here.  It's a nightly occurrence that things are hurled at the stage now.  It's almost a part of the show.  Maybe they should build themselves a bubble that they can play in for protection.

Honestly though, it just seems some concertgoers are taking matters into their own hands and they feel they have the right to become part of the show.  I mean, this was a SOLD OUT show and this happened.  I just don't get it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #206 on: September 02, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »

Between clearing the stage assembling the headliners stage and doing proper checkings it could easily take an hour and if there is a difficulty theres no doubt it could take more. Plus I'm sure the bad grabs their stuff and prep before going on. I have absolutely no problem with the band going on late it's none of my concern I'm here for the show. The way I see it I'm going to a concert I don't expect to be out of the arena until at least 2AM.

I was at Greensboro 2006 show and it must have been a 2hr wait and I walked around the building a little got some drinks and waited watching the fights break out and the women behind me flashing themselves.

It's rock n' roll I don't expect rules
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #207 on: September 02, 2010, 12:54:05 AM »

it amazes me how Bumblefoot plays the final CD solo exactly, bit by bit, than its on the album. Just fabulous  peace

edit: omg! Axl's voice in jungle is just like the kind of voice I can imagine satan must have! Pure aggressiveness!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:02:26 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
whoareyou
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: September 02, 2010, 01:42:25 AM »

Im sorry, but im really struggling to justify the turn around time.
They have 99% of the stage setup before the support band goes on..... Having already completed sound checks earlier.
Even an hour is exceptional.
Iv been to well over 200 gigs and have never experienced a wait between bands like that.
The longest iv ever waited was gnr at Hammersmith!
OK festivals are different, but i think Axl really is going struggle making excuses for this one.
His Reading tweet was plausable, but i cant wait to hear this one.
We expect (although not appreciate) it as fans..... but i cant blame the casual or tag-along fan expressing frustration (although not condoning bottle throwing)
Cristina
Rocker

« Reply #209 on: September 02, 2010, 01:58:49 AM »

Not trying to justify the delays or criticizing the band for them either ? but doesn?t everyone know by now that GNR go on stage late? Hardcore or casual fans, I?d guess most people who go to the show must probably know a little about the band, no? And these ?delays? are likely to be heard of? For whatever reason, it?s not uncommon to wait over an hour between bands in a GNR show.

And when I go to a GNR show (or any other for that matter), if I paid to see a certain headliner band, the wait is usually not such a big deal, if anything it?s a slight annoyance. I can understand that other people might feel differently, especially if they have to get up early the next day or something like that ? but that takes me back to what I first said, isn?t a late show expected with GNR?

Anyway, about throwing stuff on stage ? a few morons can really spoil things for everyone else, and I wish security could have a more active role in kicking out those people. (On my first GNR show in 92 my friend was hurt because of stuff thrown to the stage).
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2010, 02:37:44 AM »

Dublin has no class anymore. It is about alcohol and nothing more.

People avoid Belfast because of their history, but it is a more respectful place to be now for alot of bands.

It is not the fault of the Southern Irish, it is more to do with Ryanair who have imported an influx of European drunks to the country who see Dublin as some kind of alcoholic Mecca.

Dude, i don't think a few idiots throwing bottles gives u the right to desecrate an entire country..........

Read again, carefully this time, what Mysteron wrote, and maybe you'll want to apologize to him afterwards...

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2010, 02:54:37 AM »

well i expected to get up this morning to a cancelled show and riots breaking out! so proud of the band specially Axl for going back on i must admit i`m mystified to what happened you just have a feeling that a small minority went there to make trouble and even if the band had gone on at 9pm they were still going to cause trouble. once again thanks to the band. peace
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: September 02, 2010, 04:25:59 AM »

Wow, what an evening.

Will post a full review later when I get back to the UK but looking quickly through the comments here from my Dublin hotel it sounds like you guys have covered much of it off. The band sounded amazing but honestly the attitudes of some people who just want to hate and throw stuff is garbage - there were people at that show who would have thrown stuff if the band had come on at 9. Whatever.

The band triumphed and that's all I have to say for now.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2010, 04:30:28 AM »

applaus to the band! for coming back on stage and finishing their set.
I would've ran... especialy when the guy from the o2 came one.. just only booos  I would've left and never came back.
or say to the crowd sorry for those who actualy wanted to see us.. but there are some people who just like to F*ck with everyone's show so we are going home! goodnight!
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2010, 04:36:07 AM »

I'm actually exhausted trying to defend Axl Rose... I'd a great night. There were people there who shouldn't have bothered coming...idiots! They ruined it for Axl and the real fans!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: September 02, 2010, 04:41:35 AM »

I'm actually exhausted trying to defend Axl Rose... I'd a great night. There were people there who shouldn't have bothered coming...idiots! They ruined it for Axl and the real fans!
Indeed, and a few people is all it takes between 14.000 fans!
Masken
Opening Act

« Reply #216 on: September 02, 2010, 04:45:18 AM »

And people say that Axl doesn?t care about the fans.. 
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2010, 05:08:08 AM »

To be honest, there is a few things that should be pointed out...
The doors were opened at 6:30pm.  For some reason the support act played for 90 mins!  (Do Danko usually play for that long?)
GNR came on after 10pm.  Public transport in Dublin finishes at 11:30pm.  People were told that the car park closed at 11:30pm and some people were even threatened with 100 euro fines.
So the crowd did have some reasons to be upset.  (Not that this condones throwing bottles).

A small number of people ruined the gig for others.  But when Axl left the stage.. the house lights came on and staff told people the show was finished and to leave.  So people did.

unfortunately Axl wasnt happy when he came back out.  Its cool that he finished the show though.
After the show, some people claim they saw Axl yelling at fan's in the car park. ha.

Ive been to many shows in Dublin and there hasn't been anything like this that i remember.

MCD are making an announcement at 10:30 apparently.  (20 mins time).

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #218 on: September 02, 2010, 05:14:16 AM »

Venues should just ban bottles and do bag checks as you go to the floor (Wembley for example), it works fine and will reduce this bullshit behaviour massively.  It's dangerous, disrespectful and fucking embarrassing to be watching your favourite band when the actions of a few lone dickheads create a situtation that alters everything, changes the atmopshere for EVERYONE , ESPECIALLY the band to a negative. 

I applaud them for coming back onstage after this. Harks back to Download 2006 indeed.  I have nothing but deeper respect for them all.

An hour for changeover is perfectly reasonable when you're talking about pyros and firey things (LALD) and a set/lighting show such as GnR - or do we want another Hetfield '92 incident?? Of course not.  If checks are not made, mistakes can happen and people can be hurt onstage. And wet stages are probably the most dangerous for obvious reasons, whether thats water or piss (this revolts me). 
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2010, 05:16:32 AM »

Please Is GN`R...

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: