Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:38:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 150819 times)
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2010, 09:00:01 PM »

Thanks!

Weird to see Axl standing in one spot while singing..
why was that?

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2010, 09:09:32 PM »

Such drama...just in from the gig! Some guy passed us with 3 bottles of piss! That's what was thrown at Axl. Why would someone want to come to a gig, pay their money, then throw piss at the band. Axl warned if anything else was thrown he'd go home. Ten mins after that another bottle just missed him and Axl left. The band were gone for half an hour or more. Lots of people left, very angry. I was arguing with people outside, defending Axl. Eventually they came back on and the gig was awesome but there was less people there and Axl just stood there the whole gig. No clothing changes or dancing. He sounded fuckin' amazing though. Because he wasn't moving the vocals were spot on. The rest of the band bounced all over the place. Some people were pissed off at the beginning because of the late start and started booing, I wanted to punch them and tell them to go home. Anyway, thanks for the show guys, I hope this doesn't put Axl off coming to Ireland again. Peace!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Christian
VIP

« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »

At least we will have a great perfomance from axl's voice this show, just like better from download 06'
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2010, 09:37:27 PM »

Overall the gig was great and full of drama, but Axl clearly not enjoying himself put a dampener on the gig. Here's my review:

Danko were actually really good. Why the support act were on so late I have no idea, but perhaps GnR agreed a later starting time with the venue beforehand, I'm not sure. Anyway they came on about 10.30, about 70 minutes after Danko. The techs were setting up all the time, but quite slowly, not rushed at all, so I'm not sure if this was the cause of the delay. A lot of people starting getting angry and some people nearly left I think. Unfortunate, really. A fight broke out in front of me, no idea why.

Unfortuately, things with Axl got off to a bad start. He couldn't move during Chinese Democracy, because the chord on his earphone became loose and the technician came on and spent ages trying to fix it. In fact, the technician spent nearly all the first two versus and chorus trying to tie this thing back in place on Axl's back so Axl was stood still which obviously wasn't ideal. I felt sorry for the technician, so much pressure, and whatever he was trying to tie just wouldn't tie. Eventually Axl just broke free and went crazy jumping around the stage, but I'd imagine he wasn't happy with the technician. Apart from that the song rocked. Then Welcome To The Jungle started and after each time he played the intro, DJ Ashba cupped his ear towards the crowd. Embarrassingly a lot of people booed when he did this. Then just before the first verse of Jungle Axl stopped the song and said that if one more bottle is thrown they are going home. He then asked if people wanted them to play or not, and he got a mixed reacton. I just watched the video and Axl responded sarcastically with "subtle." I tried starting an Axl chant but didn't really happen. The rest of the song and the next few songs were awesome. Was great hearing Sorry live, probably the highlight of the show. Then Axl said "On the guitar, Mr. Richard Fortus. Ok, you have a good night, enjoy yourselves, bye". And all the band members walked off stage. He wasn't smiling much in the beginning and the incident with the technician and the boos probably pissed him off, compounded by whatever was thrown. The only time he smiled during the night was when him and Stinson were joking or shoulder barging each other, haha.

Some person at the venue came out and said there were technical issues, and then a member of the GnR crew came out and said they are trying to get Axl back on stage, to get the crowd to stop throwing bottles, etc.

There was a break of half an hour and some people left (nowhere near 70%!! more like 1% or less) anyway this was good for two reasons, firstly I think a lot of the assholes left and secondly, I got to go right up the front haha. After Live And Let Die, Tommy Stinson was joking around with Axl again and then took the microphone and re-assured the crowd and talked about the great time in 2006. I'm fairly sure he played a crucial role in getting Axl back on stage.

The rest of the show was awesome, and the new songs really sounded even more incredible live. But it was clear Axl wasn't happy and wanted to just get out of there. During Knocking On Heaven's Door, he picked up the microphone that allows him to speak to the band members and said something, and then crossed his hand over his neck. Everyone thought that meant the show was gonna end again haha. Actually, he did it just towards the end of DJ's solo and then they went straight into the final chorus, so they left out the call-and-response bit with the audience (I'm assuming they still do that on this tour). In addition the Paradise City outro was much shorter and pretty much went straight into the vocal outro. He also said "baby, please good night" not mentioning Dublin; not sure of thats he always says on this tour. There was also no piano solo before November Rain. Seemed like he just wanted to get of there as quickly as possible. He just stood in one spot throughout the gig (from Live And Let Die onwards), and then during the solos he leaned up against the stage backdrop - he didn't leave the stage during guitar solos (he did leave during the individual guitar player's solo songs, eg pink panther, ballad of death, etc, but stayed on stage for the solos during the GnR songs). On the positive side, his voice sounded really amazing, I guess standing still has its benefits. But clearly if the lead singer isn't having fun and doesn't want to be there (even if its justified) its going to reduce the enjoyment of the gig for the people there. When he wasn't singing, he looked so bored...........I wondered what was going through his head at that point. He obviously done something right, there was a big Axl chant at the end.

Fortunately, the other guys were on top form and won the crowd back on their own. I think they were great in 2006, but now they are much better. Last time people complained about the "boring guitar solos between songs" this time they went down really well and people loved the other band members who were full of energy and enthusiasm. I think I got into one of BBF's photos haha. Remember I said earlier that people booed DJ Ashba when he cupped his ear during WTTJ? He did it again during Ballad of Death and people cheered like crazy. Axl is fortunate to have guys like these backing him up!

The gig went on from about 10.30 - 01.00. Not including the interlude, it was over two hours. A great night, full of drama, excitement and amazing music, just a shame Axl didn't have a good night in Ireland.

Also, Mysteron suggesting all people do in Dublin is drink? Think you've been watching too much Family Guy and the Simpsons.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:20:21 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2010, 09:39:10 PM »

There is not one excuse for anyone to ever throw stuff at the band,  it is sad people that want to ruin good fun.  I think it was Argentina where Axl once said if you see somebody beside you throwing something beat the fucking shit outta them.  And you know what?  That is a really good way to control this thing, its what I would do if someone was near me throwing bottles at the band.  a few rejects in thousands of decent people is horrible.

I am glad they at least played the rest of the set, I would have gone home myself, Kudos to the band Smiley
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2010, 09:42:33 PM »

Chinese Democracy and Welcome To The Jungle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9jq_jPJ6lw
Christian
VIP

« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2010, 09:45:04 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9jq_jPJ6lw

JUNGLE
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »

Dublin has no class anymore. It is about alcohol and nothing more.

People avoid Belfast because of their history, but it is a more respectful place to be now for alot of bands.

It is not the fault of the Southern Irish, it is more to do with Ryanair who have imported an influx of European drunks to the country who see Dublin as some kind of alcoholic Mecca.

Dude, i don't think a few idiots throwing bottles gives u the right to desecrate an entire country..........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2010, 09:46:16 PM »

OMFG!!!! the best paradise city i've heard during the 09-10 tour  Shocked (at least vocally speaking)

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
Christian
VIP

« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »

a big thank you to estrangedpaul for his review  peace

edit: in that chidem + jungle video posted above, you can see axl jumping like crazy and trashing the earphone in the floor (0:20 - 0:25) This was absolutely a crazy show
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:03:18 PM by Christian » Logged
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2010, 09:57:38 PM »

I got to that about 3 minutes before you
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »

The band really sounds amazing in all those clips.

People don't realize what the whole throwing shit on stage does. Not only can it hit a band or crew member, or a fellow audience member, and cause physical injury.

But when you get water or other liquids all over the stage, the stage becomes slippery.

A slippery stage is not exactly optimal. Imagine how careful you must be in the winter when the streets are icy and slippery.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »

Hang in there Del.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2010, 10:03:10 PM »

thats nasty also..so is it bottles without lids? so whatever is in the bottles come out? so if someone had piss in a bottle, they could get piss on their clothes etc?

thats fucked up. if i were ever in a crowd and saw someone throwing something id go tell security immediately.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »

you can tell how pissed is axl if you listen to the "Watch it bring you to your FUCKING KNEES" during welcome to the jungle

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »

Why do people throw shit, that is really screwed up. Something is really wrong if someone wants to do that.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2010, 10:11:31 PM »

This reminds me of Download 2006.

Some assholes trying to ruin it for everybody, the band kept going and finished the set.

The assholes didn't win this time either.

/jarmo

I was saying the same thing earlier. As soon as I read about this, it reminded me of Download 06. Good for GN'R for carrying on. Fuck the assholes for throwing shit.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2010, 10:13:19 PM »

And by now people shouldn't go to a show expect the band to come on early. They go on late, but that's normal, so people need to get over it. I saw GnR 3 times and they came on around 11 every time. I did not expect them to come on at 8, or 9.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »

Fuck! The last 3 times I saw GN'R they came on after midnight. I'd be pleased as punch with a 10:30 start!  hihi

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »

That's bullshit that the 'fans' were throwing piss bottles -- I wish the people there were vigilante and gave that person a proper beat down.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: