Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:56:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR Touring Australia December 2010 (Confirmed)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR Touring Australia December 2010 (Confirmed)  (Read 24989 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 10:56:23 PM »

Guns N' Roses announce Perth concert

Guns N' Roses Live On The Strip, presented by Andrew McManus and Perth's 96fm

If your one of those people who is not "tickled pink" about the plethora of "soft rock" this summer's touring season is offering up this may well put a smile on your face!

Andrew McManus is "loud" to announce the return to Perth of the mighty Guns N' Roses.  Just to make it a tad louder they are also bringing special guests ...the sensational KoRn.

Just to make sure the ambience is right, for the first time, the event will be staged at the magnificent highly charged, nitro fuelled, cauldron-like atmosphere that is Perth MOTORPLEX @ Kwinana Beach on Saturday 11th December.

This really does add up to a potential "never forget that night" experience for lovers of the harder end of music. The summer of soft rock just got a dose of lead pumped into it!

The enigmatic front man and legendary voice of Guns N' Roses, Axl Rose will be joined by the current line up of Tommy Stinson on bass, Dizzy Reed on keys, Bumblefoot on guitar, Chris Pitman on keys + bass, DJ Ashba on guitar, Richard Fortus on rhythm guitar and Frank Ferrer on drums.

Promoter, Andrew McManus says, ?This is a very exciting tour for us. I saw Guns N' Roses perform in Helsinki a few months ago and I've never seen a bigger crowd. It was a wild concert with over 60,000 fans going freakin' berserk! They were really well behaved and were there purely to give the band as much energy back as the band gave them, which believe me, was a ton full." I got goose bumps hearing the crowd leave the venue "all as one, singing" Sweet Child of Mine.  It was like they had an unspoken "family bond" between each other.  Quite amazing.

Joining Guns N' Roses on this tour will be equally exciting  metal band, KoRn, who have sold in excess of 30 million albums and played countless sold-out shows worldwide.  KoRn have earned six (6) Grammy nominations and have won two (2) Grammies for Best Short Form Video and Best Metal Performance.

Tickets go on sale next Tuesday the 7th September from Ticketmaster.com.au and can also be purchased from Mills Records in Fremantle.

This is an 18+ event with one general admission price of $139+ b/f. Doors open at 5pm, concert starts at 6pm.

http://www.96fm.com.au/index.php/tours
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:10:56 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2010, 10:57:11 PM »

Sorry, forgot to put in the existing thread..  Tongue

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2010, 11:08:23 PM »

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Guns-N-Roses-tickets/artist/735218?tm_link=tm_homeA_h9

Sweetness is a virtue
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2010, 11:26:04 PM »

18+ Huh

wtf???

is that a normal thing for Australia? Seems like you're leaving out a huge potential fanbase. I've been to two GN'R shows this year (Hamilton/Toronto), Iron Maiden, and Megadeth/Slayer, and there was a good number of younger fans at all of 'em... but most shows in Canada are all ages unless it's a small bar/club show that don't have a separate drinking area...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »

18+ Huh

wtf???

is that a normal thing for Australia? Seems like you're leaving out a huge potential fanbase. I've been to two GN'R shows this year (Hamilton/Toronto), Iron Maiden, and Megadeth/Slayer, and there was a good number of younger fans at all of 'em... but most shows in Canada are all ages unless it's a small bar/club show that don't have a separate drinking area...

Seems a little strange yes. One would think an "all ages" policy should apply for such big venues.

Speaking of big venues, this concert in Perth will apparently be held on a motor racetrack.

Sweetness is a virtue
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010, 01:18:13 AM »

Perth Motorplex is a motorsport venue located at Kwinana Beach, Western Australia. It caters mainly for drag racing and speedway, although other events are held there regularly. Over 275,000 patrons attend the venue each year to many varied events. The Perth Motorplex holds rounds of the ANDRA Drag Racing Championship and World Series Sprintcar championship.

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2010, 01:21:21 AM »

Yeah kinda a strange venue from where big concerts like this are normally held over here.  Surprised also that an outdoor event like this is 18+, often they have separate "wet areas" set up so they can make sure it's all ages.  Not that I have had to worry about ID for a few years.  hihi

They get respect from me for making the effort to come all the way over here to the west coast, many bands don't bother.

Seems to be a real "motorsport" orientated theme to the Oz tour.
yibbida
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »

Perth confirmed:

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/1300451896563279?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

ok

Watching GnR 2 weeks in a row!   drool

Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2010, 06:17:05 AM »

Awesome - hopefully more to come.

Been a great couple of years - PJ in 09 now Gn'R in 10  beer beer beer
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2010, 07:06:22 AM »

Awesome news, so now all 4 dates are announced, Ill be 100% going to 2 of them, not sure about the others

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Melissa84
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 02:54:55 AM »

Wait.... WHAT???. Never even saw this  Shocked. Awesome!.

Townsville 1st December 2010
Sydney 4th December 2010
Adelaide 7th December 2010
Melissa84
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 03:19:09 AM »

I am trying to work out what the VIP tickets are for in Townsville mean, any ideas?  Huh. Gah, so confusing  Undecided.

Sydney 4th December 2010
Melissa84
Headliner

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2010, 03:21:34 AM »

They get respect from me for making the effort to come all the way over here to the west coast, many bands don't bother.
Me too!.

Sydney 4th December 2010
santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2010, 12:58:55 PM »

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 01:02:29 PM »

Notice the "Say no to soft rock" sign in the background of the first poster.  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 01:11:11 PM »

Awesome poster, but shouldn't it be "chinese democracy" out now instead of "greatest hits" out now? Wink

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2010, 01:48:40 PM »

I don't like to see "Greatest Hits" there to be honest.

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2010, 05:44:24 PM »

Just got Tix for Adelaide.. gonna fly in from Melb. They better not have any melb shows now. Smiley

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2010, 08:57:37 AM »

I added all four gigs to my website as well: http://www.gunsnroses-livestats.com/browse-gigs.php?tour=1&leg=20

Here's the link to the venue pages:
townsville: http://www.gunsnroses-livestats.com/venue.php?venue=157 (reid park)
sydney: http://www.gunsnroses-livestats.com/venue.php?venue=156 (anz stadium)
adelaide: http://www.gunsnroses-livestats.com/venue.php?venue=92 (entertainment centre)
perth: http://www.gunsnroses-livestats.com/venue.php?venue=158 (perth motorplex)

if anyone has more information about 1 or more of these venues; it's very welcome Smiley

Melissa84
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2010, 09:25:47 PM »

If anyone is going to Townsville, Adelaide or Perth send me a msg in my inbox please!  Grin, would love to hear from you.

Sydney 4th December 2010
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: