Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:36:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose - the 1992 Rolling Stone Interview
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose - the 1992 Rolling Stone Interview  (Read 8304 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »

Hold up, is this a pr move to sell a book? I mean yea, I feel bad for you dude for your fucked up childhood. But, I can't fathom any fan in here not knowing about Axl's. Nothing you mentioned is a revelation. Man, maybe a lot of people here were born with a silver spoon (but, I kind of doubt it) where I come from and GN'R for that matter, shit was chaos and many times just flat out violent. I don't mean to come off as incentive but, this all seems like a convenient commercial to sell your book to the logical crowd who might be interested.

Let's be honest friends. I think the main reason we all love Axl is because we are all a little fucked and came from some fucked backgrounds and were drawn to GNR because the music was therapy to each and every one of us. Nothing unique here at all. I bet if we were to list shit that happened to us we would see very common experiences. I don't feel like getting into it personally but just think its obvious why you and the rest of us are drawn to Axl.

Not trying to do a PR move or sell books. Just wanted to share my experience and make a point to and about all of those people who slam Axl Rose. My point being that he has done so many good things such as inspire other people with similar experiences. My intent was to applaud his courage in sharing his turmoil with others, something I never had the courage to do until I saw his bravery. Take from it what you will, or go about your day thinking I'm a PR whore. I don't really care which. And honestly the little kid in me would like him to know the impact that he has had on my life and I don't really think we'll be sitting down to coffee any time soon. I figured this would be as close as I'll ever get so I asked Jarmo beforehand and he gave me the greenlight. The last thing I wanted to do was try and sell everyone a book. I don't care if I sell two or two thousand copies as long as there is a possibility that I may be able to help someone the way that Axl's interview helped me.

Hey man look, I commend you for even being able to write and publish a book. That is pretty cool. I think though you will find, that most of us here and in other GNR boards, that most of us feel the exact same sentiments about Axl as your own. I know on this site particularly many have shared personal stories about Axl and what GN'R has meant to us in our life and really, yours is very cool to hear too. I am a natural born skeptic and your link to Amazon was a red flag. If the J man says it was cool to include that then who the fuck am I right? It just seems it would be a little purer to say you were inspired to write a book and somehow it got picked up by a publisher. People could have then chosen to pursue it and PM'd you.

The truth is, is that this is like preaching to the choir. I would be much more excited if I saw your story in a non GNR board. We all feel the same way about Axl I think. I know I do. Maybe on a NPR show or somewhere where people don't even give a moments thought about Axl and GN'R. That would be really cool. To convert almost, the outsiders and the ex Axl haters.

I actually published it myself at my own expense. I'm sorry if you find my link offensive, that was not my intent. Just wanted to share.

No shit? That is cool man. You ever think to try and share your story with one of the papers, or an NPR program like All Things Considered? Your story would make a good public interest story. Hell, it would be nice for someone to share a positive story in a news outlet regarding the man and his music.

I hadn't. Might be a good thing to do though. I guess my biggest obstacle is I'm not certain how to approach those outlets. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey man. Fill this out. Shit, if you want, I would be happy to do it for you. There is a bar where you select submit a story idea. This is the absolute best place that I can think of for a great story like your own. Really classy reputable (and award winning) programming. Here is a link to the contact page where you submit your story. I listen to NPR sometimes as it is mostly very enlightening and the environment is just very real and classy. I can see them running a story like your own. If you would like me to fill out the short form for you or fill out an additional one, I would be sincerely happy to do so. I would really enjoy the hell out of hearing you interviewed by them and your story being told in this format. It would be great.

http://help.npr.org/npr/includes/customer/npr/custforms/contactus.aspx?sid=2

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GW2
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »

Hold up, is this a pr move to sell a book? I mean yea, I feel bad for you dude for your fucked up childhood. But, I can't fathom any fan in here not knowing about Axl's. Nothing you mentioned is a revelation. Man, maybe a lot of people here were born with a silver spoon (but, I kind of doubt it) where I come from and GN'R for that matter, shit was chaos and many times just flat out violent. I don't mean to come off as incentive but, this all seems like a convenient commercial to sell your book to the logical crowd who might be interested.

Let's be honest friends. I think the main reason we all love Axl is because we are all a little fucked and came from some fucked backgrounds and were drawn to GNR because the music was therapy to each and every one of us. Nothing unique here at all. I bet if we were to list shit that happened to us we would see very common experiences. I don't feel like getting into it personally but just think its obvious why you and the rest of us are drawn to Axl.

Not trying to do a PR move or sell books. Just wanted to share my experience and make a point to and about all of those people who slam Axl Rose. My point being that he has done so many good things such as inspire other people with similar experiences. My intent was to applaud his courage in sharing his turmoil with others, something I never had the courage to do until I saw his bravery. Take from it what you will, or go about your day thinking I'm a PR whore. I don't really care which. And honestly the little kid in me would like him to know the impact that he has had on my life and I don't really think we'll be sitting down to coffee any time soon. I figured this would be as close as I'll ever get so I asked Jarmo beforehand and he gave me the greenlight. The last thing I wanted to do was try and sell everyone a book. I don't care if I sell two or two thousand copies as long as there is a possibility that I may be able to help someone the way that Axl's interview helped me.

Hey man look, I commend you for even being able to write and publish a book. That is pretty cool. I think though you will find, that most of us here and in other GNR boards, that most of us feel the exact same sentiments about Axl as your own. I know on this site particularly many have shared personal stories about Axl and what GN'R has meant to us in our life and really, yours is very cool to hear too. I am a natural born skeptic and your link to Amazon was a red flag. If the J man says it was cool to include that then who the fuck am I right? It just seems it would be a little purer to say you were inspired to write a book and somehow it got picked up by a publisher. People could have then chosen to pursue it and PM'd you.

The truth is, is that this is like preaching to the choir. I would be much more excited if I saw your story in a non GNR board. We all feel the same way about Axl I think. I know I do. Maybe on a NPR show or somewhere where people don't even give a moments thought about Axl and GN'R. That would be really cool. To convert almost, the outsiders and the ex Axl haters.

I actually published it myself at my own expense. I'm sorry if you find my link offensive, that was not my intent. Just wanted to share.

No shit? That is cool man. You ever think to try and share your story with one of the papers, or an NPR program like All Things Considered? Your story would make a good public interest story. Hell, it would be nice for someone to share a positive story in a news outlet regarding the man and his music.

I hadn't. Might be a good thing to do though. I guess my biggest obstacle is I'm not certain how to approach those outlets. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey man. Fill this out. Shit, if you want, I would be happy to do it for you. There is a bar where you select submit a story idea. This is the absolute best place that I can think of for a great story like your own. Really classy reputable (and award winning) programming. Here is a link to the contact page where you submit your story. I listen to NPR sometimes as it is mostly very enlightening and the environment is just very real and classy. I can see them running a story like your own. If you would like me to fill out the short form for you or fill out an additional one, I would be sincerely happy to do so. I would really enjoy the hell out of hearing you interviewed by them and your story being told in this format. It would be great.

http://help.npr.org/npr/includes/customer/npr/custforms/contactus.aspx?sid=2

Thanks! I just submitted my story idea. Wasn't sure which show would be best so I just picked the one that made the most sense. I'll keep you postede on if they contact me. It probably wouldn't hurt for you to fill one out either if you wouldn't mind. I'd love the opportunity to discuss this topic on NPR. Thanks again for the help!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 06:42:33 PM »

Man, no worries. Please, update me/us if you hear from them.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: