Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:23:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228547 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum 'Velvet Revolver Is Going Back To Work In October 2010'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum 'Velvet Revolver Is Going Back To Work In October 2010'  (Read 22389 times)
Pine Barrens
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2010, 11:05:38 AM »

I don't know...It's better than writing "Nope, shit out of luck again. Back to the drawing board for a few more months." Not saying they haven't found their guy or aren't about to, but it's better to put a positive spin on recent developments than a negative one, no matter what the results of these jam sessions are. Keeps people interested and the media at attention. Either way, I'm just glad they're determined to keep the band going.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2010, 04:57:55 PM »

From Slash:

Rumor about Mike Patton working w/VR is definitely just that, rumor. Love Mike's vocal style though. Iii|; ),

9 minutes ago via Facebook

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2010, 01:29:33 PM »

From an interview with Slash today, here is roughly what he says about Velvet Revolver:

What's happening with Velvet Revolver at the moment Slash?  I heard the other day that you'd been jamming a bit.

Slash: Well we did do some jamming, we've been trying out singers and we did a couple of days of sessions. And we've got another grouping of singers coming in fairly soon so -- ya know we're working on it.  We haven't been purposely looking for anybody that's really well known, it's just because we've gone that route already. Usually what happens is whoever it is that is well known is recognizable, you end up sounding like a hybrid of our band and their band and ya know, we don't want that.  So I'd be really, the optimum thing would be to find someone who is like a local sort of home town hero that's great and has experience but isn't recognized on the world stage, and introduce somebody sort of new and fresh into this whole thing.

I'm obviously working toward getting Velvet Revolver back on track.

You can listen using the soundcloud below @5:00:

http://www.planetrock.com/Article.asp?id=2007813&spid=35830

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:50:37 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2010, 10:29:13 AM »

I never thought they should have used anything gun related in the title. Brings up too much similarities to GNR. Actually I think one of the biggest problems the band had is they never established their own identity apart from being ex-GNR members.

Contraband sold 2 million in the US, 2 number 1 singles ,grammy award

yeah, Id say 95 percent of bands would love to have problems like that.

I think the GNR connection brought a lot of attention to Contraband and it was a good album. But I think it hurt later. The week Libertad came out there was a VR story in Rolling Stone and the cover was a 20 year old picture of GNR commemorating the anniversary of AFD. VR just seemed so second rate compared to old Guns.

any band these guys are in will always be seen as 2nd rate compared to the original. so regardless of the name, it still would've been the same cover.

They failed cause with Libertad, they let Scott make a solo album and strayed from what made Contraband awesome.
Last night on Survivor, the 2 tribes merged and the new tribe name they came up with was "Libertad".  I sense a second wind for record sales.  hihi

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2010, 11:02:06 AM »

HAHA yeah i saw that also! I Love Survivor!

Took me a minute to realize that Marty said Libertad.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2010, 09:53:06 AM »

From Slash:

10 Nov 2010

Slash revealed VELVET REVOLVER are back up and running following ex-frontman SCOTT WEILAND'S walk-out.

He said: "We've got about three more frontmen to audition.
"We'll get it sorted in the next month or so. It's pretty exciting."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3221575/Gods-of-rock-are-rolling-on.html

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2010, 01:47:48 PM »

From Slash:

10 Nov 2010

Slash revealed VELVET REVOLVER are back up and running following ex-frontman SCOTT WEILAND'S walk-out.

He said: "We've got about three more frontmen to audition.
"We'll get it sorted in the next month or so. It's pretty exciting."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3221575/Gods-of-rock-are-rolling-on.html

This is good news although I am not sure how he will fit VR into his schedule.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2010, 02:16:51 PM »

once Vr was back they would do that... and I think Vr isn't a dayjob anymore but more in the line of saturday/sunday/friday
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2010, 02:35:19 PM »

From Snakepit.org:

SLASH says they should have a VR singer within the next couple of months. They are actively doing auditions. He says finding the right singer is a lot more complicated than you would think.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2010, 04:13:32 PM »

i highly doubt they'll announce a singer and concentrate on VR full time any soon. i mean....Slash to tour with Ozzy in 2011, Loaded releasing an album 3/2011, Matt doing some album, whats the point with those updates how difficult on one hand, how exciting on the other hand the singer situation is? we're used to that stuff since Scott left, didnt help at all yet  Angry

Re-Union time, baby!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2010, 11:15:13 PM »

From Slash:

So far so good in the studio! Got a couple brand new riffs, pretty heavy stuff. Iii|B^|)'

about 2 hours ago via Facebook

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2010, 05:20:37 PM »

Disaster? or miracle?

Slash Announces Second Studio Album
artist: slash    date: 11/22/2010    category: upcoming releases
rating: 9.6 / votes: 26

Slash Announces Second Studio Album

Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy will provide all lead vocals for Slash?s second solo album, which will be out next year, the ex Guns N?Roses guitarist has revealed.

And a track he recorded with Black Eyes Peas singer Fergie will appear on her upcoming solo album.

He tells the Sunday Mercury: ?Fergie and I are going to work together again. There was another song we cut during the sessions of the album, and she liked it so much she plans to use it on an album of her own.

?It?s going to be a real rock?n?roll album and I?ll be delighted to play on it.?

Meanwhile, Slash?s solo band are gearing up for another tour in 2011, and the guitarist says a ?big name? is due to audition soon from the currently singerless Velvet Revolver.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2010, 08:24:59 AM »

looking forward to new music from slash and myles Wink
and all the better it will be out next year; who said you have to put out 1 album every 15 yrs hihi
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2010, 09:33:47 AM »

I'm surprised Myles is not doing the next Velvet Revolver record instead, although I guess maybe that is more of a committment long term maybe-the different singer thing was cool but I would rather see one person handle the vocals on his next album anyway.

libertad
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2010, 11:19:57 AM »

so another Slash album in 2011? with more touring most likely, huh? really doesnt look good with VR. and i could live very well without all the teasing: "we're trying out new singers next week"; "hopfeully announcement to come next month" and stuff like that when there really isnt coming out anything from.

Re-Union time, baby!!
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2010, 12:18:27 PM »

I will be glad to get another album with Slash and Myles working together there chemistry is great. But I agree with Limulus I am tired of the VR teasing. It is getting old if they don't want to re group it is their business but just say so.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2010, 03:29:23 PM »

Meanwhile, Slash?s solo band are gearing up for another tour in 2011, and the guitarist says a ?big name? is due to audition soon from the currently singerless Velvet Revolver.

If he's a "big name" would he have to audition.  Didn't Scott Weiland take issue with someone saying he had to audition -- he insisted he never did.

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »

If he's a "big name" would he have to audition.  Didn't Scott Weiland take issue with someone saying he had to audition -- he insisted he never did.

If the singer is well known they already know what he can do. Maybe it would be a matter of seeing what kind of chemistry he would have with the VR band members. And all of them agreeing on the style of music that will be made by the band. JMO

m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2010, 08:31:05 PM »

Well yeah I think you're right, he won't be "auditioning" like the unknowns have been probably. He'll do like weiland; put some vox on some demos, jam a bit and hang out with them.

Any ideas of who the big name is? At other forums? Somebody stalk VR!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2010, 04:23:24 AM »

I'm not too fussed if nothing comes of VR, we've already got two great rock albums coming in 2011 - Loaded's new album, and Slash's second solo album with Myles singing all the tracks.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: