Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:33:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228547 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum 'Velvet Revolver Is Going Back To Work In October 2010'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum 'Velvet Revolver Is Going Back To Work In October 2010'  (Read 22441 times)
Pine Barrens
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »

For the 169584630024863867th time, I hope they find their guy this time around.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 09:01:38 PM »

From a MySpace update from Slash:

"In the meantime, there's a lot going on. VELVET REVOLVER is back together jamming, trying out singers. No updates yet. But it's great to hook up with Duff [McKagan], Matt [Sorum] and Dave [Kushner] after all this time. I'll keep you posted on any interesting developments from those sessions as they happen. But the creative juices are definitely flowing. I'm positive something awesome is going to surface soon.

Thanks to Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2010, 02:46:52 AM »

Dude:

Whit Scott Band Name: VR. Before Of Scott Band Name: The Proyect.

SCOTT Was Founder Of VR ??

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2010, 05:12:24 AM »

Dude:

He wanted black velvet revolver, but the guys thought it sounded to stone temple pilots like. so they made it Velvet Revolver
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 06:32:38 AM »

Dude:

He wanted black velvet revolver, but the guys thought it sounded to stone temple pilots like. so they made it Velvet Revolver

I think Slash came up with Revolver, as in the revolving door of singers they were going through.
And when Scott came along he added Black Velvet, and then it became Velvet Revolver.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 09:06:12 AM »

Dude:

I think Slash came up with Revolver, as in the revolving door of singers they were going through.
And when Scott came along he added Black Velvet, and then it became Velvet Revolver.

really, the revolving door of singers they were going through?HuhHuh??

I thought I read in a interview the Revolver was a play on words as in a Revolver = Gun ??
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 09:10:26 AM »

Dude:

really, the revolving door of singers they were going through?HuhHuh??

I thought I read in a interview the Revolver was a play on words as in a Revolver = Gun ??

I think it was a bit of both, from what Slash has said.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 11:12:21 AM »

Dude:

Yeahh, I Now Remember... Thanks

peace

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »

I never thought they should have used anything gun related in the title. Brings up too much similarities to GNR. Actually I think one of the biggest problems the band had is they never established their own identity apart from being ex-GNR members.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »

I never thought they should have used anything gun related in the title. Brings up too much similarities to GNR. Actually I think one of the biggest problems the band had is they never established their own identity apart from being ex-GNR members.

that would be like Jimmy Page starting another band - no matter what slash does, he'll always be the x-GnR Lead Guitarist

so according to your logic - Slash and Duff should just call it a career?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »

that would be like Jimmy Page starting another band - no matter what slash does, he'll always be the x-GnR Lead Guitarist

No, I just thought they should have picked a different name.  It would be more like Jimmy Page starting a new band and calling it Heavy Blimp.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2010, 07:57:15 PM »

No, I just thought they should have picked a different name.  It would be more like Jimmy Page starting a new band and calling it Heavy Blimp.

This is by far the funniest thing I've read on this forum in ages, I literally laughed out loud at the though of a band being introduced as "You wanted the best, but they couldn't make it...here's...Heavy Bimppppp"  hihi

It's the exact same structure as Guns N' Roses. Something soft and something harsh, Velvet Revolver. But the name could matter less Slash will always be Ex-Guns N' Roses Guitarist ( hell some journalists go as far to introduce him as Guns N' Roses Guitarist ).
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2010, 10:50:22 PM »

Contraband sold 2 million in the US, 2 number 1 singles ,grammy award

yeah, Id say 95 percent of bands would love to have problems like that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »

I think the GNR connection brought a lot of attention to Contraband and it was a good album. But I think it hurt later. The week Libertad came out there was a VR story in Rolling Stone and the cover was a 20 year old picture of GNR commemorating the anniversary of AFD. VR just seemed so second rate compared to old Guns.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »

I think the GNR connection brought a lot of attention to Contraband and it was a good album. But I think it hurt later. The week Libertad came out there was a VR story in Rolling Stone and the cover was a 20 year old picture of GNR commemorating the anniversary of AFD. VR just seemed so second rate compared to old Guns.

any band these guys are in will always be seen as 2nd rate compared to the original. so regardless of the name, it still would've been the same cover.

They failed cause with Libertad, they let Scott make a solo album and strayed from what made Contraband awesome.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2010, 10:23:20 PM »

On Sunday 17th October 2010, @mattsorum said:

No VR news yet friends. Stay here for news by Christmas . Santa will bring us all a present. Some Rock N Fn' Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2010, 02:57:24 PM »

No VR news yet friends. Stay here for news by Christmas . Santa will bring us all a present. Some Rock N Fn' Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if this means they found their "guy".

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 03:39:49 PM »

I wonder if this means they found their "guy".

Along with this quote from Slash's last blog it does seem to be that way.

In the meantime, there's a lot going on. VR is back together jamming, trying out singers. No updates yet. But its great to hook up with Duff, Matt & Dave after all this time. I'll keep you posted on any interesting developments from those sessions as they happen. But the creative juices are definitely flowing. I'm positive something awesome is going to surface soon.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:41:31 PM by sleeper » Logged
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »

"Trying out singers" he says. Doesn't look like they've found the guy to me Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 05:19:23 PM »

"Trying out singers" he says. Doesn't look like they've found the guy to me Wink

Maybe I should have just posted the " I'm positive something awesome is going to surface soon."
Both Slash and Matt seem to know something is about to happen soon.  Smiley Of course with VR's history I will beleive it when I see it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: