Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Uncomfortable With Legend Status
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Uncomfortable With Legend Status  (Read 1323 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: August 16, 2010, 08:35:24 PM »

Slash Uncomfortable With Legend Status

August 16, 2010

The top hat, the ever present cigarette dangling from his lip and the instantly recognisable riffs have seen the former Guns N' Roses guitarist achieve legend status.

Although the man himself is a little uncomfortable with his legend status.

"I'm too young for it. I haven't accomplished enough to be a legend and I'm still practising diligently on the guitar. It's sort of unfathomable to me, but it's still flattering," Slash told Close Up's Mark Sainsbury.

Surprisingly enough for a man considered a guitar hero, he still considered himself a novice.

"It's like trying to really become a really great communicator on the guitar. That takes a lifetime's work."

While his passion for guitar remained strong, Slash said he had given up on one of his other famous pleasures - partying.

He said he gave it up when he realised it began conflicting with his musical vision.

"So I just started focusing in earnest on rock 'n' roll. I didn't want to be a casualty."

He would not be drawn on former bandmate Axl Rose, who was notorious for his feuds with other musicians and celebrities.

"I'm pretty easy going, but I have my moments. When I first started doing a lot of press back in 2002, 2003 and 2004, and people started asking me those questions [about Rose], I had a little bit of piss and vinegar about that whole situation.

"[But] I don't like to perpetuate all that sort of negative stuff, it doesn't do anyone any good. I'd rather let sleeping dogs lie."

Slash's latest self-titled album saw him perform with fellow rockers, including Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop and Chris Cornell.

"I called up people that I knew the best to start, the ones that I had the longest standing relationships with. The first step was just to send them the music and if they were sold on that, then we at least had a leg-up."

For the moment, Slash said he was enjoying the freedom that came with being a solo artist.

"I wanted to be able to play anywhere where I wanted to play, as opposed to only playing in the big, high-profile cities. I want to play wherever I could get to that actually has an audience that was willing to listen."

http://tvnz.co.nz/entertainment-news/slash-uncomfortable-legend-status-3706835

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:28:44 PM »

Nice interview!!!

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: