Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:16:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's workout regimen
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's workout regimen  (Read 8540 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: July 29, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »

Axl has the undisputed greatest cardio in music history.. seriously watching the shit he does defies the laws of physics. No way should someone be able to full on sprint and not miss a note...

Seriously, sometime, try to just jog and sing at the same time.. its next to impossible... so watching him full on sprint across a stage without missing a beat is truly remarkable.

I wonder what he does as far as working out etc?

He seriously has Lance Armstrong type Vo2 max.

Was he ever an athlete or anything?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 01:33:22 PM »

about jogging and singing, yup that's not the easiest shti hihi it's amazing how well he does it

wasn't he a cross country runner or something? i read that years ago but could might as well be bullshit
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 01:52:29 PM »

Axl is immortal, some of the things he does just seems so much more than the average human can do. The power of his voice is just immense, any normal person would get pretty tired doing what Axl does for just a minute.

This is a good example of Axls' ability, in my view this video is mindblowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j06dVpEZn_U
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 02:01:21 PM »

about jogging and singing, yup that's not the easiest shti hihi it's amazing how well he does it

wasn't he a cross country runner or something? i read that years ago but could might as well be bullshit

He ran much cross country yes, not professionally though.. (as far as I know Smiley)

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 02:05:13 PM »

Tequila Man !!! Tequila!!!...
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 02:07:43 PM »

he uses oxygen during concert as well, he used it also in the 1990s, not so often as nowadays however

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 03:35:07 PM »

he still uses that now-a-days. of course he can't hold the notes as long as he used to back in the day but i actually think he is singing way better now than in 2001+2006. he keeps getting better. he doesn't run as much as in 2002 and it actually helps a lot. and his voice has a lot more grawl now than in 2002.

but even with less running around he's stage presence is still amazing, i couldn't do it and i'm 26. i can only think of bruce dickinson at the moment as someone who moves as much or more than axl now-a-days but axl is far more impressive to watch.

Chinese Democracy!
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »

he uses oxygen during concert as well, he used it also in the 1990s, not so often as nowadays however

That can help a bit but i could'n run n sing for 1.5 to 2 hours even if i had an oxygen mask permantly atached to my face and i was an artistic gymnastic all thru my teens. Mr Rose is a mean meachine at what he does  yes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »

I know that when i was in half marathon shape 13.1 miles... i tried singing while running just a 7:30 minute mile and it was impossible.........

So for him to full out sprint, not miss a note AND THEN not even be winded after and still able to keep right on without huffing and puffing... just ridiculous cardio.

Seriously could u imagine fighting him? If u didn't KO him in the first 30 seconds or so, u would be fucked cause as u started tiring he'd just be warming up.

I always thought it was impressive how he does the jumps off the piano or off the drum riser and bam right in key and the note doesn't even waver as he lands...

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 06:13:21 PM »

Yes the man has amazing breath control. Probably the best in the pop world if you were to ask me. That's something you're born with.  ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 06:48:32 PM »

and he was SMOKING also!

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 07:08:19 PM »

Axl is immortal, some of the things he does just seems so much more than the average human can do. The power of his voice is just immense, any normal person would get pretty tired doing what Axl does for just a minute.

This is a good example of Axls' ability, in my view this video is mindblowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j06dVpEZn_U

Yeah and some people make fun of him for using oxygen!! I don't care if he does as long as he can do that and not hurt himself!! Damn

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 02:44:05 AM »

I remember years ago he said he would have been a runner if his Ankles wernt stuffed.

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 02:57:23 AM »

I just think Axl`s fit drool
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 07:25:16 AM »

he still uses that now-a-days. of course he can't hold the notes as long as he used to back in the day but i actually think he is singing way better now than in 2001+2006. he keeps getting better. he doesn't run as much as in 2002 and it actually helps a lot. and his voice has a lot more grawl now than in 2002.

but even with less running around he's stage presence is still amazing, i couldn't do it and i'm 26. i can only think of bruce dickinson at the moment as someone who moves as much or more than axl now-a-days but axl is far more impressive to watch.

Your first sentence is exactly right on.  After listening to the 2010 bootlegs I can't even go back listen to the 2002 shows.  I  wonder sometimes if the voice was always there and he just decided not to use it back then?  If I could ask Axl one question it would be are you enjoying yourself more not then ever.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 05:26:41 PM »

I think he runs and shake shis body to get the circulation going and then moves and positions himself to get as much oxygen (blood carries the oxygen) consentrated as possbile before doing the high notes.

It's also a pretty rough vocal performance.

This intro is just godlike, you can hear so many diferent phazes of his signature screaming-voice. 

42-39-56

*deep breath*

You can say she got it aaaaaaall!
headbanger
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 05:40:26 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 05:24:53 AM »

He was born to be a rock star...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 06:17:23 AM »

its just the way Axl's voice is.
He has this rasp voice, and he doesn't need to do much effort for the rasp sound to come out of his mouth. Of course the singing classes helped him to control it better, and to sing for a longer period of time, but the rasp thing is just there, its his voice.

The cardio only comes in when he's running or doing his jumps, of course he has to have his cardio really well worked to do what he does, and to be able to sing while running, but i think that his voice does the rest and he doesnt need to do much effort to sing and run at the same time when he's fit.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 08:37:03 AM »

His normal voice dont seem to have this rasp. In 2002 he sang with the cleanest voice we've ever heard from him and in 2007 (the best in the combo range + rasp IMO) he seemed to have total control over this feature in his sound.

Right now, his voice sounds amazingly a lot like in the '90s and it is awesome. I think this is how the majority wants, as its his signature sound. Listening it live is really a reminder of how powerful his voice is. Smiley

fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 12:11:34 PM »

he has great breathing. also, i really liked his voice in 02. he should start p90x. that thing is insane. i've never done a workout that intense. it sux! but in a good way!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: