Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 07:00:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to headline Rock 'N Rev Festival in Sturgis, SD on August 13, 2010
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to headline Rock 'N Rev Festival in Sturgis, SD on August 13, 2010  (Read 45238 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: July 20, 2010, 02:36:09 AM »

Guns 'N Roses, Daughtry added to lineup as concerts move to Monkey Rock

Tyler Jerke Journal staff | Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Following a split over the weekend with Glencoe Capt Resort, the Rock ?N Rev Festival has found a new home at Monkey Rock USA and will bring Guns ?N Roses and Daughtry with it, said Monkey Rock chief operating officer Chris Edwards.

?There are not a lot of places capable of hosting an event and lineup like this,? Edwards said. ?We offered the option to solve a problem and they sent their operations people to survey the area -- all of it happened within 48 hours.?

The new location for the weeklong festival was determined after negotiations fell through between concert promoters DC3 Global and Glencoe Camp Resort late last week, said Randy Alexander, public relations director for the festival promoter DC3 Global. He said new festival owners HDlogix and DC3 Global will build The Rock ?N Rev Amphitheater at Monkey Rock on a 25-acre site. Negotiations for the 5-day concert series were finalized Monday afternoon.

?We were motivated to try to help and they were quite interested to find another place,? Edwards said. ?With commitments to rally goers, they wanted to fulfill their end of the bargain.?

Alexander said Monkey Rock USA was chosen for its proximity to the Glencoe campground. DC3 said it is working with Glencoe to offer special accommodations at the festival for anybody who is camping. The new venue was also selected with future ventures in mind, Alexander said.

?The relationship has been entered with long-term vision in mind,? he said.

Bands scheduled to play at Glencoe will play at Monkey Rock USA with Guns ?N Roses set to headline the Friday night stage for its first United States show in nine years and only U.S. show in 2010, Edwards said. Guns ?N Roses will share the Friday night stage with Alice in Chains

The Daughtry show time has not yet been determined, Edwards said.

Sturgis Mayor Maury LaRue was shocked to hear the new location of the festival.

?It?s up to them; if they make money it?s a good move,? LaRue said. ?If they don?t, they will have to rethink it.?

After negotiations between DC3 and Glencoe broke down late last week due to unpaid rent, people who have reserved camping spaces at Glencoe had mixed feelings.

?I plan on having a good time, and so much easier to just walk back to your tent after the concerts,? Neil Smith said in an e-mail. ?Now I will have to figure out ways to get back. This is not good business, they should work it out or they should have never announced the concert in the first place.?

Eagle River, Wis., resident John Jacobson said he has been attending the Sturgis bike rally for 13 years and stayed at Glencoe for five years and is glad the concert was moved.

?I am happy to see the concerts gone from Glencoe, there are far too many concert venues in Sturgis the way it is,? Jacobson said in an e-mail. ?Concerts only appeal to a select few. It is not, and never will be, a reason to come to the Sturgis rally.?

Alexander said all tickets will be honored at the new location and prices will stay the same.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_504141ae-938c-11df-9ff7-001cc4c03286.html

We know it's not the first show in nine years, but still, it's the US show many have been waiting for!

Festival web site: http://www.rocknrevfestival.com/index.php

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:42:08 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:39:23 AM »

so freaking weird.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 02:40:08 AM »

omg omg omg omg.
I wanna road trip
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 02:44:40 AM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS MOTORCYCLES

The coolest band in the world just got a little bit cooler.

smoking

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 03:15:00 AM »

``First United States show in nine years``

WTF ??

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 04:25:39 AM »

Great news for the GNR fans in the USA but where are the german dates Wink Wink

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 06:41:59 AM »

Okay Jarmo as a woman that grew up with bikers and has attended Sturgis I am very concerned about this show. One I can't believe that they could offer GNR enough money, two its only like 2 weeks away. I hope the guys realize that everyone there is going to expect the old line up. I hate to say that but its true.
And damn I am pissed. I just got back too work after being laid off for 10 mo. I can't afford to go and am dying to go out there to begin with!!!! I would be one of the only hardcore gnr fans there!! Damn!
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 07:17:56 AM »

I hope the guys realize that everyone there is going to expect the old line up. I hate to say that but its true.

There's always somebody who expects that.

Is that a reason why you shouldn't play a show? Not really.

That's actually a reason to play.

It's about time people stop expecting things like that and are informed that we are currently living in 2010.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 07:30:22 AM »

I am not trying to be negative at all Jarmo and your right. You will find that at every show, but this is a different kind of crowd. I am very hopeful that is goes off without a hitch. I am still trying to figure out if there is any way I can pull off driving out there for 2 days. Its a 12 hour drive for me.

Believe me 2 of the most important things in my life are gnr and that part of the country. It couldn't be a better idea for me. Just don't know how I can pull it off. I am so damn broke. lol
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:32:17 AM by willow » Logged

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 08:26:56 AM »

What?  All their shit is in Europe.  I'd say it's a lie but it's posted here. 

Really?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 08:41:16 AM »

What?  All their shit is in Europe. 

Says who?

/jarmo

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 09:24:55 AM »

Wow - talk aboot coming out of left field!  Surprise!  Great move guys, going to be a great show!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Christian
VIP

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 09:30:43 AM »

Wow. That's great. I'm happy for the US GN'R fans.

ps: Gn'R played in US in 2006, so it's not nine years from the last US show as the text has said.
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 09:44:38 AM »

Actually, GN'R played a few gigs in New York City this year  Smiley
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »

They also played in the US in 2002, which is EIGHT years ago, so obviously the fact checking wasn't very good for this article.  Strange, but good news.  Unfortunately South Dakota is a long ways away from me.  I will be flying back from Vegas a few days prior, maybe the band would like to do a couple warmup shows there.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 10:09:44 AM »

Actually, GN'R played a few gigs in New York City this year  Smiley
lol that seems ages ago Grin  i`ve never heard of this event before does anyone know if it`s televised ?
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »

Guys there's no reason to be "concerned" about people expecting the original lineup
those people are always around

If I recall Motley Crue played there when Vince Neil wasn't even in the band (they're playing with him this year)
Poison played there one year also

Most of the people there aren't real bikers but hobbyists
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 10:50:55 AM »

I've just died and gone to heaven!!!!!  I was already going to sturgis!!! I'm staying at the Buffalo Chip though.....now im just gonna have to skip Disturbed and the Scorpions and go see GNR instead that night!!!!!!!!!!!!!   HOLY SHIT!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Axl is God.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 10:53:31 AM »

very strange. something smells...
Gracie2006
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 11:05:56 AM »

That is greatness! I need a Harley and figure out a way to get off of work for that event. beer beer beer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: