Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:16:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to play Rock In Rio Brazil 2011?!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to play Rock In Rio Brazil 2011?!  (Read 11930 times)
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2010, 04:31:43 AM »

Btw does anybody think that Rock in Rio has to be in ....RIO!.I dont like the spanish version and the portuguese version.im from Spain and this year was the most closest to the rock in rio trademark,but not that good.And the people attending not even close.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2010, 10:38:58 PM »

We all know the next tour is gonna be in the US. And we all know they're gonna tour in the US. Its just a matter of waiting ok
we don't know that, no

true, because if I'm not mistaken -- there is a little legal disturbance going on between GNR and a high ranking Live Nation employee Wink

Hard to do business when said person controls many amphitheatres/venues in the US.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2010, 10:50:40 PM »

Btw does anybody think that Rock in Rio has to be in ....RIO!.I dont like the spanish version and the portuguese version.im from Spain and this year was the most closest to the rock in rio trademark,but not that good.And the people attending not even close.

Yeah, I think so too. I mean, I have nothing against doing a festival as big as this one in other cities, I actually think it's really cool to do that, bringing it to different places and all, but they should at least change the name to Rock in Lisbon or Rock in Madrid. It makes no sense having it named Rock in Rio while happening in Lisbon, for example.
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2010, 03:55:43 PM »

Acording to this article, the mayor of Rio confirmed Rock in Rio 2011. More details will be announced next month by promoter Rubem Medina (who didn't confirm anything yet). No bands have been annouced, but there's some hope...

http://g1.globo.com/pop-arte/noticia/2010/07/rock-rio-volta-ao-brasil-em-2011.html

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2010, 05:53:34 PM »

September 2011

http://www.universodorock.com/enquetes/rockinrio2011.asp

smoking
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:07:43 PM by HBK » Logged

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 06:47:15 AM »

Guns N Roses 3.1% (18,069 votos)

I just voted, but I thing that Guns must have more votes  Huh
Where are brazilian fans? You don't want to see Guns again?

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 08:43:41 AM »

Nice to see GNR and Ron acknowledged the fan campaign. To me, shows they at least knew what it was about and decided to support it. Right? Why else would they post a tweet, I doubt people of their stature, knowing what could come of it, would just randomly post a tag without finding out what it's about.

Would be great for the fans for another huge gig like this, I actually just watched the 2006 Rock in Rio the other day and it brought back some good memories.

But really, the US is dying for a tour. I think I can speak for others in saying that.

You blew your chances with your half empty arenas. USA is more into hip hop and r&b bullshit nowadays.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
sandman
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2010, 08:57:14 AM »

Nice to see GNR and Ron acknowledged the fan campaign. To me, shows they at least knew what it was about and decided to support it. Right? Why else would they post a tweet, I doubt people of their stature, knowing what could come of it, would just randomly post a tag without finding out what it's about.

Would be great for the fans for another huge gig like this, I actually just watched the 2006 Rock in Rio the other day and it brought back some good memories.

But really, the US is dying for a tour. I think I can speak for others in saying that.

You blew your chances with your half empty arenas. USA is more into hip hop and r&b bullshit nowadays.

you are wrong on all counts. are you really saying the U.S. tour was poorly attended? they played several shows in cities that were very close to each other.

and the rock scene in the States is alive and well. most of the top tours are rock bands. several play to sold out arenas all over the place. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2010, 09:00:32 AM »

But still nothing compared to the European rock scene.
USA doesnt even have a decent rock festival.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2010, 10:04:07 AM »

you are wrong on all counts. are you really saying the U.S. tour was poorly attended? they played several shows in cities that were very close to each other.

and the rock scene in the States is alive and well. most of the top tours are rock bands. several play to sold out arenas all over the place. 

I went to the Albany show in 2002 and I believe it was the first show on that leg to have 10,000+ people in attendance. Take in mind that this was 2002 not 2006 not 2009/2010. GnR can fill stadiums/arenas if they strategically map their shows properly.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2010, 11:23:16 AM »

I went to the Albany show in 2002 and I believe it was the first show on that leg to have 10,000+ people in attendance. Take in mind that this was 2002 not 2006 not 2009/2010. GnR can fill stadiums/arenas if they strategically map their shows properly.

They could also do more shows in smaller venues.  Then its easier for fans to get to a show and you get a more intimate experience.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »

There's no doubt in my mind that GN'R can headline and sell out arena sized venues in the USA.

I don't really think that US fans are that different from the rest of us.

Having a successful US tour comes down to a few things I guess. Timing is one.

There's a recession and it definitely has an effect on how much people can spend on entertainment....

Also, if the casual rock fans were made aware of just how awesome the GN'R shows are, I'm sure attendances would increase.

It seems like in some places people tend to believe all the bullshit written about the band.

Some of it is based on shit that went down years or even decades ago!

Then you have some people who like to go online and whine about shit. Like how a show would've been better etc. And then you wonder why you're not getting a new show in your town?

I'm not saying cities/countries don't deserve shows, because I wish every GN'R fan could see the band live. But it's just weird how some people like to find faults in everything, and yet they're unhappy when they're not getting shows in their area... It's like, you've made fun of the show you saw in 2002 or 2006 for years, but yet you're whining about not getting a new one ASAP when the band is back on tour?  Huh

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:24:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »

I definitely think GNR can sell out arena's in the U.S as well, I've been to a few sold out shows of theirs here in 02 and 06.  The main difference between an American GNR fan and one from another part of the world is that the American fan is STILL not very receptive to Axl being the only original member of Guns N Roses.  Trust me I get shit all the time from guys I know for supporting GNR in their current form.  The fact that it has been 20 years since the "Appetite" line up has been intact and 16 since the "Illusion" has no effect on these types of fans, and unfortunately GNR "purists" so to speak make up a HUGE part of the rock scene here in America.  If I have to hear "Paul Mcartney doesnt call himself the Beatles" or "Robert Plant doesnt call himself Led Zeppelin" one more time Im going to lose it.  Seriously though there is still a very negative vibe surrounding the band, and it doesnt seem to be going away anytime soon.  If people would just shut up and listen to the new music and check out the band live their view would change, but Americans are stubborn.

Rock music is still big in America, bands like Metallica and Ac/Dc will always have success here, Avenged Sevenfold just topped the Billboard chart last week, so the demand is there, and Guns are a better band than all of them, its just a matter of getting the message out to the fans.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 02:59:38 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2010, 04:57:20 PM »

Anyways, Roberto Medina - the guy who owns everything RIR related - announced yesterday more details about the 2011 edition. Among some awful bands, he listed the follow:

"There's some artists I've been seeking. (...) With rock, Radiohead, Iron Maiden (which is very strong in Brazil, but no so much in Europe, where Metallica rules). And Guns N' roses, a Rock In Rio tradition (the band was at the second and third Brazilian editions and in 2006 in Portugal)."

Source (in Portuguese): http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/mat/2010/08/16/rock-in-rio-4-tera-108-atracoes-medina-sonha-com-shakira-radiohead-917402275.asp

tange
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »

Not to step on anyone's toes but as an Yank (feel weird saying that being from Alabama). I feel I should chime in on the issue of Guns ability to tour the states.

First, In the states there are many bands that tour with almost no media support. U2, ACDC, Black Crowes, Drive by truckers, Widespread Panic. Two of those bands some of you may have never heard of. What is needed though is an album that brings people to the shows. Word will get around even if the radio doesn't play it.

Right now in our country the tastes are just off as it pertains to Chinese Democracy. Its a heavy album, but its too complicated for the average American taste at this point. If it was the 90's then sure. Everything got a chance then. As long as the old band is not back together then the new band has to seperate itself from the old tunes. The only way I see to do that is to release more material....and make it straightforward rock and roll.

Thats not to say they can't tour if they don't do these things. Sure they can, but either one of three things has to happen. 1. Play fewer shows 2. Play smaller venues or 3. Do the two band thing (ie. Van Halen co-headline tour). My vote goes to AIC personally.

Just one man's thoughts.

"There was one song on that record that I didn't even know was on it until it came out, 'My World'," Stradlin continues. "I gave it a listen and thought, 'What the fuck is this?' "

-IZZY STRADLIN
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 11:53:18 AM »

Its all cool, but this thread is about the Rock in Rio 2011 - which BTW had grown stronger with the official kick-off yesterday and the festival's organizer stating that he want GNR again:

Anyways, Roberto Medina - the guy who owns everything RIR related - announced yesterday more details about the 2011 edition. Among some awful bands, he listed the follow:

"There's some artists I've been seeking. (...) With rock, Radiohead, Iron Maiden (which is very strong in Brazil, but no so much in Europe, where Metallica rules). And Guns N' roses, a Rock In Rio tradition (the band was at the second and third Brazilian editions and in 2006 in Portugal)."

Source (in Portuguese): http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/mat/2010/08/16/rock-in-rio-4-tera-108-atracoes-medina-sonha-com-shakira-radiohead-917402275.asp

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: