Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:25:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to play Rock In Rio Brazil 2011?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to play Rock In Rio Brazil 2011?!  (Read 11973 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 04:55:39 PM »

Well Jarmo is right, its probably just something to make the fans happy.

I still have the October 6th date to have fun  hihi oooh.. its gonna be fun!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 05:04:05 PM »

Some of you love to grasp at straws so much that even when you're told the straw doesn't exist, you still hold on to the imaginary straw like your life depended on it.

Whatever..

/jarmo

I think what Jarmo is really saying is that GnR will unveil their new album "Imaginary Straws" @ Rock In Rio.......lol

I'm kiddin'.....don't shoot.....

And honestly, without knowing the back story, I woulda probably said "Hey....wait a second", after I read that.

But it's cool. Thanks for clearing it up Jarmo.

And everyone. Stop twisting Jarmo's words...he's no fun when he has to tell people to shut their pieholes....I think we all like happy backpack Jarmo much better

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »

bumblefoot
I tweeted #GNRROCKINRIOBRAZIL2011 to show support to the Brazilian fans that want us there.
***It's not a show announcement of any kind***
about 9 hours ago via web

htgth
Just because @gunsnroses used the hashtag, it's still not a confirmation. I hope everybody understands. It was a nice gesture, nothing else.
about 14 hours ago via web

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 12:34:26 PM »

And the Festival date is?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 12:57:31 PM »

I don't know how you could even make that kind of connection.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but I had no idea there was some sort of "campaign" going on...

All I saw was GNRROCKINRIOBRAZIL2011, tweeted by gunsnroses.

eerrr,, yeahh.. right.. No connection... Gnr Rock in Rio Brazil 2011... no relation whatsover with either brazil or rock in rio.. WTF?! confused

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »

I don't think that actually means something. #GNRROCKINRIOBRAZIL2011 is Twitter hashtag created by brazilians fans in the orkut forum. We're doing a massive campaign on this tag, bumblefoot has Twitted this, and so has @gunsnroses, they're just getting into the campaing.

And the Festival date is?
It's not even confirmed that will happen in Rio, the city prefecture still needs to give the agreement to Medina, the promoter.
All the Rio editions happened in January, but this one will will happen in the Brazilian spring, so, between September 23 and December 21.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:35:54 PM by Manets » Logged
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 02:18:30 PM »

Ok, thanks.

I wish Brazil will prevail, Rock in Rio Festival shoud be allways take place in Brasil, for tradition thing. If no possible,  lastly, change the funckin Festival name.

One of my first memories about Guns n' Roses, came from Rock in Rio 1991. One year later I became in a fan, till' now.

Here you got an amazin video of that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZB6onueZ3o
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 12:42:50 AM »

Nice to see GNR and Ron acknowledged the fan campaign. To me, shows they at least knew what it was about and decided to support it. Right? Why else would they post a tweet, I doubt people of their stature, knowing what could come of it, would just randomly post a tag without finding out what it's about.

Would be great for the fans for another huge gig like this, I actually just watched the 2006 Rock in Rio the other day and it brought back some good memories.

But really, the US is dying for a tour. I think I can speak for others in saying that.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 10:54:25 AM »

Well Axl did say that the Rock In Rio festival was always special to him, so it will be cool if they played there again. I'm proud to say I have attended the Rock In Rio Lisboa festival in 2006, and GN'R have always put on a good show at this festival.

I always wondered why no one synchronised the tv footage audio with the fan filmed one. At the show the sound was awesome and I'm really gutted that the festivals' sound engineer got the sound levels all wrong on the tv footage.

But as Both Ron and GN'R tweeted about this, the least it shows is that they are aware of the campaign. Whether this means they are entertaining the idea of playing at the festival is anyones guess.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:58:23 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 01:36:42 PM »

Well Axl did say that the Rock In Rio festival was always special to him, so it will be cool if they played there again. I'm proud to say I have attended the Rock In Rio Lisboa festival in 2006, and GN'R have always put on a good show at this festival.
And Medina said that Guns N' Roses is a tradition in Rock in Rio, and the festival wouldn't be the same without them.
Well, Guns N' Roses have a great story with the festival. The 1st concert in South America, the 1st concert with Matt, the 1st big concert with new band members.... that concert in 2001 is the ritz '88 of the "new" GNR.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:13 AM »

I totally agree that Rock In Rio should only be in Rio every year. They shouldnt have it in Portugal or Spain. They have been doing that since 2004 and it sucks.
They should have changed the name of the city, like Rock in Lisbon and Rock in Madrid... wouldnt that have been easy and more credible?...

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »

Sounds to me like there's nothing for the band to consider... just the Brazilian fans doing their usual thing. Thinking that if they go on and on about it enough they'll get their own way.

Thank you! That's exactly how I see it! It gets annoying to see the timeline bombarded with those things.

The band has just played FIVE gigs in Brazil. It's like... Can't you wait at least another year before demanding them to come back every other second?!

But try telling them that. nervous
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »

It's not really demanding more like wishful wishing..
When I'll witness 5 guns n' roses gigs in a row myself I wished they'd announce a new one before they left the stage ;-)

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 07:17:03 PM »

I think it's kinda obvious that they were demanding.

Still, it's a matter of scheduling, money, invitation and everything envolved on that. And of course, using the trending topics on Twitter wouldn't make it happen by itself. In fact, it could have an opposite effect, with people getting the wrong message  - and that's exactly what happened: I saw a thread in other board with lots of people believing it was the band confirming the gig.

I didn't help (nobody asked me either). I don't believe in demanding things like these with the band. It never worked anyways - people also demanded them to play Estranged here in Brazil and it never happened.

Sounds to me like there's nothing for the band to consider... just the Brazilian fans doing their usual thing. Thinking that if they go on and on about it enough they'll get their own way.

Thank you! That's exactly how I see it! It gets annoying to see the timeline bombarded with those things.

The band has just played FIVE gigs in Brazil. It's like... Can't you wait at least another year before demanding them to come back every other second?!

But try telling them that. nervous
You're such a hater! hihi

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 10:11:43 PM »

It's not really demanding more like wishful wishing..
When I'll witness 5 guns n' roses gigs in a row myself I wished they'd announce a new one before they left the stage ;-)

But will you send the band members messages every 10 minutes asking them to come back to your town? Tongue

You're such a hater! hihi

Blasphemy, Voodoo! How can you call me such a thing? hihi
GNR 1991
Opening Act

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 11:45:03 PM »

We in the States are in dire need of GN'R. Come back to the Bay Area, boys!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 05:07:16 AM »

I hope they confirm the date so that "BRAZIL WANTS GN'R BACK!!!!! <3<3<3<3" -stuff would end.

But seriously, I'd like to see GN'R do a USA-tour after Europe.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 05:34:33 AM »

We all know the next tour is gonna be in the US. And we all know they're gonna tour in the US. Its just a matter of waiting ok

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 07:01:11 AM »

We all know the next tour is gonna be in the US. And we all know they're gonna tour in the US. Its just a matter of waiting ok
we don't know that, no
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »

I never understand people harassing bands to play shows or certain songs.
Maybe the band appreciate the support... (i dont know)... but it seems a bit extreme.  Especially when said band just finished a tour of that geographical area.

Personally, im just happy when a decent band comes to my city.  it was Slash a week ago and GNR quite soon. Smiley

At least let the rest of us enjoy the show first.  yes

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: