Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash @ Dublin 29-06-2010
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash @ Dublin 29-06-2010  (Read 4905 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« on: June 28, 2010, 04:42:17 AM »

hey

Anyone else going to the gig in Dublin tomorrow?  I cant fuckin wait!
Ill try to post some kind of review or setlist but ill be quite intoxicated  hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
axleire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:35:03 AM »

Yae im heading cant wait taking tomorrow off work to get pissed.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »

I took tomorrow off too, see y'all there!! Is he doing a meet and greet does anyone know??

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:05:41 AM »

I took tomorrow off too, see y'all there!! Is he doing a meet and greet does anyone know??

Didn't hear anything about that anyways so i guess not.  Lets hope he adds a surprise song into the set.  beer

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:14:04 AM »

I'am going also. Here's to a great show. beer
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 09:16:54 AM »

Anyone know who the opening act might be? (if any) 

my ticket says Show starts at half 8 so hopefully i have some time to get pissed  hihi

ROSE
VIP

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:42:05 AM »

Not sure if there is an opening act? Doors open at 7.30 and show starts at 8.30 according to the ticket anyway.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:23:20 AM »

when I saw him in AC, there was no opening act and he was on about 15-20 min after the start time on the tix
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 11:52:28 AM »

when I saw him in AC, there was no opening act and he was on about 15-20 min after the start time on the tix

Better get in quite soon so!   smoking

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »

Myles tweeted out earlier in the day he's come down with the flu and isn't sure how well he is going to be able to do tonight. I hope the show went well, but he kind of gave the impression he really wasn't doing too well.

With them recording the show for the album Saturday, he'd best get his ass healthy and fast because it will be a buzz kill to not have him at full throttle on the album.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 01:06:15 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqRFuW8djvM

Rocket Queen from tonight.

Myles voice is officially shot and he looked like a mess up there. He clearly wasn't kidding when he tweeted about his voice not holding out for the night, and it didn't. Myles apparently feels terrible for letting everyone down, but dude definitely looked sick and not like himself. A+ for effort on his part, but they can't do another night like tonight these next 2.

Things are not looking good for that album Saturday, as he's got shows the next 2 nights and the shape he is in I just don't see him sounding like the Myles he has sounded like by the weekend.

Slash might need to  give some thought to rescheduling these next 2 shows unless Myles wakes up tomorrow and miraculously feels like a new man as he is in no shape to be trying to get through that setlist right now as it is hard on his voice in normal times.

Hats off to the crowd in Dublin though who seemed to make the best of it as it seemed pretty festive in there all things considered.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 03:23:30 AM »

Naupis, i was at the show last night and it was awesome despite Myles being in poor health.
I didn't even notice for the first couple of songs but during Civil War he stopped singing completely and was holding his throat. 
But the show was still brilliant and among the best i have ever seen.  Slash's playing was so much better than when i previously seen him with VR.  And similarily, the whole bands chemistry was a lot better than when i seen VR in 2008.  It was so nice to see them all playing with smiles on their faces.
Myles apologised to the crowd for being so sick and even promised to come back to Dublin and "Do it right next time" so hopefully they can fit us in again. 
To be honest, i don't even think half of the crowd realised that Myles was so sick!  Unfortunately due to Myles being sick they kind of avoided the newer or lesser known material with any high notes.  (because the crowd couldn't help sing along).  "Been there lately", "By the Sword" and "Starlight" were dropped from the setlist.  i can't recall the order of the setlist but these songs were played.

GNR:

nightrain
Civil War
Rocket Queen
SCOM
Paradise City

VR

Sucker Train Blues
Dirty Little Thing
Fall to Pieces
Slither

Snakepit

Mean Bone

Slash solo album

Ghost
Back From Cali
Watch This
Nothing to Say

Other

Godfather Theme/Guitar solo
Rise Today
Are you Ready  (Thin Lizzy cover dedicated to Phil Lynotts mother Philomenna who was "in the house" and gave Slash "a statue of Phil")

I had an awesome time and the show was brilliant.  Hope Myles gets better soon and hopefully they fulfill their promise and come back for another show.   Smiley

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 04:28:38 AM »

just another thing to mention.  The venue was totally packed to the limit and i think Slash could of definitly upgraded the venue.  (i had little to no air guitar room).   hihi

ROSE
VIP

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 02:17:59 PM »

Great show, despite Myles having problems with the flu. Slash was fantastic, what a guitarist and such a cool motherfxxker. Irish crowds are always up for a sing-a-long, so filling in for Myles on some of the songs was not a problem. Instead of the five members of the band last night you had a sixth member, the crowd. Hopefully they will come back again soon as promised.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 05:15:13 PM »

Awesome show...enjoyed the sing-a-long. It was a sweat box in there but great atmosphere. I think The Academy would be a better venue if they come back again. I felt sorry for Myles but it really didn't matter cos Slash was amazing and the crowd were having a blast! Fair play everybody that sang all night, my voice is hoarse today!!!

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 06:35:36 PM »

Paradise City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCL8zCxnCk4

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 06:36:10 PM »

Civil War
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfjibCYQ2dE

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 10:00:40 PM »

Over a 10 minute paradise City.  wow!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 02:57:21 AM »

lol! i had a feeling that went on for ages an ages while at the show.  Slash was just soloing away.

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 02:30:33 PM »

lol! i had a feeling that went on for ages an ages while at the show.  Slash was just soloing away.

I know I couldn't even get it all up onto Youtube, its about 12 and a half minutes

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: