Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:26:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 14th, 2010 Aalborg, Denmark @Gigantium - Discussion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 14th, 2010 Aalborg, Denmark @Gigantium - Discussion  (Read 15554 times)
diego
VIP

« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »

Thanks again for updates Jarmo!!!

ok

I?m sorry for you, not sorry for me...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2010, 06:23:30 PM »

Thank you

Good night!!!!!

Thanks to GN'R for this tour!

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2010, 06:28:41 PM »

Thank you

Good night!!!!!

Thanks to GN'R for this tour!

Yeahhhh, Thanks

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2010, 06:46:25 PM »

Thanks for providing the updates, Jarmo.   ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2010, 07:09:42 PM »

From Frank's facebook

Frank Ferrer Rocked Denmark.... back to Maplehood tomorrow....
4 minutes ago

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »

From Frank's facebook

Frank Ferrer Rocked Denmark.... back to Maplehood tomorrow....4 minutes ago

hihi rofl hihi

Ghetto Metal RLZ Frank

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

axl_78
Headliner

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2010, 08:17:01 PM »

Thanks for updates Jarmo beer
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2010, 11:38:42 PM »

Thanks to everybody there! This has been The Best Show and Amazing Experience of my life!!!
Thanks again Jarmo, thanks to Fernando, Beta, Jil, Vanessa, Del!  love love love
I have so many emotions inside that now they are impossible to describe.
I love you all!!!
Axl did you have a good flight?  Grin we were there  beer
DJ you make me dying, really! I love you man, because you are always smiling! Thanks for the water  love
Now I have to take my flight to CPH and then anotherone to Milan... we are on tour  beer
see ya soon
Love
Sixgnr

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
DemocracyRose
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2010, 01:49:03 AM »

A big Danish newspaper(BT) gives GNR 4/6 stars...

http://www.bt.dk/musik/axl-rose-imponerede-i-aalborg
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2010, 02:56:41 AM »

Crazy AMAZING show. I'm gassed here...

Guns were on FIRE. They tore the place down.

Steffen Jungersen is the house rock critic for BT (largest Danish tabloid morning paper) for 20 years and a notorious "Axl-hater". But that's beside the point; the guy is a stain on the term "jounalist", a joke, he reads like pulling teeth and he even once reviewed a show he didn't attend!

Anyway, it would be impossible to give the show anything but that... serves him right.. ha!  ok
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2010, 09:57:15 AM »

http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelse/40521

Gaffa (one of the oldest Danish music magazines, and the largest):

Rating: 4/5

"A musical and psychological victory for Axl and company"

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2010, 10:34:52 AM »

In English

A musical and psychological victory for Axl Rose and co.

To confirm Axl Rose in front of it is no longer so "new" Guns N 'Roses in Aalborg was a delight. He sounded better, so better looking and more radiant sincere joy of playing than he has done for almost twenty years. The now well-known story of the old members who fell from over 90's, naturally followed by the story of their substitutes and the struggle to get published it mildly long awaited album "Chinese Democracy" has the current tour had set a long-awaited sentence. Not one of the kind that signals that the adventure is over, but instead one that marks the one 15 years long transformation process is finally over.

Beginning of the past decade offered an aborted tour, which followed up an appearance at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2002, as Axl Rose subsequently characterized themselves as being disastrous. After years of stagnation and still no new album the band went on tour in 2006 with some success. One of the concerts were on Danish soil - specifically Roskilde Festival Orange Stage - and it was an experience that is probably thrilled avid fans, but many were disappointed. People missing a single expression from the band, which appeared somewhat gaudy, just heard a criticism of the many breaks in the concert - but was not real breaks, but various reports from individual members, while the protagonist was not on stage.

Now there are so gone four years since the band was last in the country and in the meantime "Chinese Democracy" released. An album of core spun so much mythology and expectations zeal that it almost could only disappoint. Few in the international critic crowd was able to listen to the album on its own musical grounds, but tied instead their criticism up at various secondary frustration - not least the general criticism that Guns N 'Roses of course so is not Guns N' Roses, when there is only one original member left.

And true, this is a shame that the original crew - or at least one that included both Slash and Duff McKagan - not kept longer than it did. Viewed with friendlier glasses than Axl Rose is otherwise used to being treated with, one can express the theory that he simply has done all he felt that he could. The recurring accusations that the preservation of the band name should be motivated by economic reasons, have proved not to last for long - there are certainly easier ways for a rock icon as Axl Rose to earn money than by touring the world with several years of intervals, or by having only released one album in now 17 years, or by not milking a potential DVD market with just one regular, new release, or to sue the record company when they - as they did in 2004 - will send out a "Greatest Hits" which also came to sell impressive worldwide.

Still energetic and reckless

So what are the reasons? Is it something so fearful significantly as a recognition that Axl Rose in the end it is definitely important member of the original Guns N 'Roses and as the only worthy successor to the name? Should we judge from tonight's concert in Gigantium will answer them as a bell clear yes. The other members of the current incarnation of the band can be approached in two ways: Either they are full members, which are just as crucial to the band's welfare, as Slash and Duff McKagan of his time was. Several of them have been so been a member for about as long and have as their predecessors also important contributors to the creative process. Or they are not full members - and thus only the musicians, as Axl Rose has chosen to surround himself with, because it just is these people who get him to personally give his best.

Even with this last, slightly less positive view on the other band members, they must in all cases be recognized for the musical and psychological support, which means that Axl Rose now - at long last, it can be proved safe to say - again emerges as the energetic , damned front man, he was also known as two decades ago. Well he's obviously older, and well he frequently leaves the stage - to switch togs, get oxygen or maybe just a sip to drink - but when he is on, so he is on like no other. The big scene bungs overwhelmed again and again, like jumping and tamped and danced and gestured for dear life. He could easily have chosen to stand still with hands on her back as another Liam Gallagher, who will never get the same old accusations over it. Without necessarily saying anything negative about the Oasis singer, so there is not much to dice in a discussion about who is inwardly surrenders most of the music and external audience is definitely the most interesting to look at.

Another important aspect in this context is the communication among members. Frequent colluding smile, joint postures toward the audience and general rhythmic interact illustrate unity between the performers and removes any feeling that it could be as good as another, who was on stage other than Axl Rose. Lasso dance with an audience bra tangential foot peeled for "November Rain", cowboy postures and greetings, and markedly upturned mouth - even under less cheerful passenger - also confirms the inner peace and mental surplus, which is obviously lacking in all those years, Axl Rose has been absent in the limelight.

New solo spots secured better flow

S?tlistem?ssigt had happened a little surprising, taken into account that otherwise there are fourteen tracks from "Chinese Democracy" to pick from. Title number, "Street Of Dreams" and "Madagascar" were all cited for nearly ten years ago at Rock In Rio 2001, and the single "Better" is also four years old in the concert context. Thus, the only new regular numbers respectively the heavy and bitter "Sorry" and "This I Love", the fourth and final part of the leaf clover, which also counts the three classics, "Do not Cry," "November Rain" and "estranged". Both of these new tracks and especially the last one seemed remarkably well in a concert situation, not least because it once and for all cemented that Axl Rose has certainly got his voice back to the level it ideally should be on. Heartbreaking beautiful one moment, unusually aggressive the next, and both sounds entirely credible. Setup with three lead guitarists can sometimes appear a little strange and anachronistic, but as long vowel collector threads, gives it all meaning - pastiche may simply not be dressed as authentic an expression that Axl Rose holds.

Among the seventeen regular numbers - six from "Chinese Democracy", seven from "Appetite For Destruction" and only four (out of thirty possible) from "Use Your Illusion" - appeared to continue the many solo spots, but fortunately highly aggregated, so in most cases were raised as complete instrumental tracks with the entire band, allowing a somewhat better flow than we saw four years ago. Richard Fortus and DJ Ashba (which is the latest joiners and official replacement for Robin Fincke, who has returned to Nine Inch Nails) provided potent guitareskapader while Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal delivered variations on the theme from "The Pink Panther." Dizzy Reed contributed on their own with a flygelserenade in the form of a Warren Zevon classic "Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner". Before the "November Rain" delivered Axl Rose a little obligatory intro, also at the grand piano, and before that came a brief, somber version of it unfortunately something trite Pink Floyd number, "Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2".

Lots of highs, but still room for improvement

Highlights were many, not least the explosive opening up of "Chinese Democracy", which was immediately followed by "Welcome To The Jungle", which would otherwise have been solid opening act since 2001. The previously mentioned "This I Love" was strongly positive surprise, while "Rocket Queen" - terminating number from "Appetite For Destruction" - sounded just as gripping and beautiful as it ideally should. To see Axl Rose on piano, while it was operated by Dizzy Reed in "Street Of Dreams", had obviously great visual appeal, while the great fountains in front of backdrop of the dramatic coda in "November Rain" was even more captivating. The epic "Madagascar" as the first encore was well chosen and there was Flaming Lips in the solid confetti cannons in "Paradise City", was rounded off in style.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:36:32 AM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »

PTII

Overall, the show functioned as testimony to the perfect transformation, as Axl Rose for good and sadly plenty of evil has had to undergo following the band that would otherwise constitute his life's work, crumbled between your hands on him. Not that there from here should read a prayer about creative stagnation - on the contrary, it would be excellent if the psychological surplus could be used to experiment further with the performance, so there could be an extra shot dynamics over the concerts. The consistent omission of the "estranged", "Civil War" and "Do not Cry" (which, however, raised a handful of times within the past few years) is also annoyed, and the experience of "Use Your Illusion" tour set should confirm these s popularity with audiences. Finally, the sound specifically Gigantium also not optimal, especially back in the House.

Once these things, however, has been said, then back again only to find that yes, Axl Rose is the only worthy successor to the legendary band's name. There was the same signature as that sent a four-star review after Slash's appearance to Copenhagen Live just twelve days before his former colleague's Aalborg visit and it was an honest and overall nice experience to witness Slash - but the concert leaned closer to along three than five stars, so this leans more closely the six than four. Slash's players are just - with the exception of Myles Kennedy - some anonymously prominent immediately letudskiftelige musicians who appear not determine how Slash during his high hat has the tuber. And Myles Kennedy is and remains - although he certainly is clever and has something to offer - something of an upstart when he is compared with Axl Rose, both vocal performance, expressive authenticity, and general aura of. And Slash must be compared with DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, so they are doing remarkably better in damages jousting than Myles Kennedy does. Reason - combined with the other reasons listed here have been presented - is Guns N 'Roses correct the name that Axl Rose is liable on himself and his band.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »

In English

A musical and psychological victory for Axl Rose and co.

To confirm Axl Rose in front of it is no longer so "new" Guns N 'Roses in Aalborg was a delight. He sounded better, so better looking and more radiant sincere joy of playing than he has done for almost twenty years. The now well-known story of the old members who fell from over 90's, naturally followed by the story of their substitutes and the struggle to get published it mildly long awaited album "Chinese Democracy" has the current tour had set a long-awaited sentence. Not one of the kind that signals that the adventure is over, but instead one that marks the one 15 years long transformation process is finally over.

Beginning of the past decade offered an aborted tour, which followed up an appearance at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2002, as Axl Rose subsequently characterized themselves as being disastrous. After years of stagnation and still no new album the band went on tour in 2006 with some success. One of the concerts were on Danish soil - specifically Roskilde Festival Orange Stage - and it was an experience that is probably thrilled avid fans, but many were disappointed. People missing a single expression from the band, which appeared somewhat gaudy, just heard a criticism of the many breaks in the concert - but was not real breaks, but various reports from individual members, while the protagonist was not on stage.

Now there are so gone four years since the band was last in the country and in the meantime "Chinese Democracy" released. An album of core spun so much mythology and expectations zeal that it almost could only disappoint. Few in the international critic crowd was able to listen to the album on its own musical grounds, but tied instead their criticism up at various secondary frustration - not least the general criticism that Guns N 'Roses of course so is not Guns N' Roses, when there is only one original member left.

And true, this is a shame that the original crew - or at least one that included both Slash and Duff McKagan - not kept longer than it did. Viewed with friendlier glasses than Axl Rose is otherwise used to being treated with, one can express the theory that he simply has done all he felt that he could. The recurring accusations that the preservation of the band name should be motivated by economic reasons, have proved not to last for long - there are certainly easier ways for a rock icon as Axl Rose to earn money than by touring the world with several years of intervals, or by having only released one album in now 17 years, or by not milking a potential DVD market with just one regular, new release, or to sue the record company when they - as they did in 2004 - will send out a "Greatest Hits" which also came to sell impressive worldwide.

Still energetic and reckless

So what are the reasons? Is it something so fearful significantly as a recognition that Axl Rose in the end it is definitely important member of the original Guns N 'Roses and as the only worthy successor to the name? Should we judge from tonight's concert in Gigantium will answer them as a bell clear yes. The other members of the current incarnation of the band can be approached in two ways: Either they are full members, which are just as crucial to the band's welfare, as Slash and Duff McKagan of his time was. Several of them have been so been a member for about as long and have as their predecessors also important contributors to the creative process. Or they are not full members - and thus only the musicians, as Axl Rose has chosen to surround himself with, because it just is these people who get him to personally give his best.

Even with this last, slightly less positive view on the other band members, they must in all cases be recognized for the musical and psychological support, which means that Axl Rose now - at long last, it can be proved safe to say - again emerges as the energetic , damned front man, he was also known as two decades ago. Well he's obviously older, and well he frequently leaves the stage - to switch togs, get oxygen or maybe just a sip to drink - but when he is on, so he is on like no other. The big scene bungs overwhelmed again and again, like jumping and tamped and danced and gestured for dear life. He could easily have chosen to stand still with hands on her back as another Liam Gallagher, who will never get the same old accusations over it. Without necessarily saying anything negative about the Oasis singer, so there is not much to dice in a discussion about who is inwardly surrenders most of the music and external audience is definitely the most interesting to look at.

Another important aspect in this context is the communication among members. Frequent colluding smile, joint postures toward the audience and general rhythmic interact illustrate unity between the performers and removes any feeling that it could be as good as another, who was on stage other than Axl Rose. Lasso dance with an audience bra tangential foot peeled for "November Rain", cowboy postures and greetings, and markedly upturned mouth - even under less cheerful passenger - also confirms the inner peace and mental surplus, which is obviously lacking in all those years, Axl Rose has been absent in the limelight.

New solo spots secured better flow

S?tlistem?ssigt had happened a little surprising, taken into account that otherwise there are fourteen tracks from "Chinese Democracy" to pick from. Title number, "Street Of Dreams" and "Madagascar" were all cited for nearly ten years ago at Rock In Rio 2001, and the single "Better" is also four years old in the concert context. Thus, the only new regular numbers respectively the heavy and bitter "Sorry" and "This I Love", the fourth and final part of the leaf clover, which also counts the three classics, "Do not Cry," "November Rain" and "estranged". Both of these new tracks and especially the last one seemed remarkably well in a concert situation, not least because it once and for all cemented that Axl Rose has certainly got his voice back to the level it ideally should be on. Heartbreaking beautiful one moment, unusually aggressive the next, and both sounds entirely credible. Setup with three lead guitarists can sometimes appear a little strange and anachronistic, but as long vowel collector threads, gives it all meaning - pastiche may simply not be dressed as authentic an expression that Axl Rose holds.

Among the seventeen regular numbers - six from "Chinese Democracy", seven from "Appetite For Destruction" and only four (out of thirty possible) from "Use Your Illusion" - appeared to continue the many solo spots, but fortunately highly aggregated, so in most cases were raised as complete instrumental tracks with the entire band, allowing a somewhat better flow than we saw four years ago. Richard Fortus and DJ Ashba (which is the latest joiners and official replacement for Robin Fincke, who has returned to Nine Inch Nails) provided potent guitareskapader while Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal delivered variations on the theme from "The Pink Panther." Dizzy Reed contributed on their own with a flygelserenade in the form of a Warren Zevon classic "Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner". Before the "November Rain" delivered Axl Rose a little obligatory intro, also at the grand piano, and before that came a brief, somber version of it unfortunately something trite Pink Floyd number, "Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2".

Lots of highs, but still room for improvement

Highlights were many, not least the explosive opening up of "Chinese Democracy", which was immediately followed by "Welcome To The Jungle", which would otherwise have been solid opening act since 2001. The previously mentioned "This I Love" was strongly positive surprise, while "Rocket Queen" - terminating number from "Appetite For Destruction" - sounded just as gripping and beautiful as it ideally should. To see Axl Rose on piano, while it was operated by Dizzy Reed in "Street Of Dreams", had obviously great visual appeal, while the great fountains in front of backdrop of the dramatic coda in "November Rain" was even more captivating. The epic "Madagascar" as the first encore was well chosen and there was Flaming Lips in the solid confetti cannons in "Paradise City", was rounded off in style.

Good Review, Thanks SO Much

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2010, 12:26:22 PM »

Best of show of the ones I saw on this June tour.

Cheesy

Nice seeing some of you in Aalborg.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2010, 02:38:34 PM »

I've really enjoyed my Danish adventure  beer

Made some new friends and caught up with some old ones too, which is always nice.

Had a great time at the show, was surprised how different the songs that they played in 2006 sound now, definitely some changes to the arrangements, as well as DJ stamping his mark on his parts.

Overall the performance was immense, with a real "end of term" vibe to the proceedings - with all members appearing to be thoroughly enjoying themselves throughout.  Axl appeared to be in a particularly amazing mood, and this shone through in his performance.  This I Love, specifically, was a vocal masterclass - these new songs gain an extra dimension live, with Sorry managing to sound, dark, powerful and trippy all at the same time.

I'm already trying to figure how to get to the upcoming show(s)  hihi
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2010, 02:57:25 PM »

Best of show of the ones I saw on this June tour.

Cheesy

Nice seeing some of you in Aalborg.

/jarmo
I agree with you: it's been an amazing show. There is something special now in the band and you can feel it!
This is the band that I love.
It's been nice seeing you again  beer

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »

Jarmo, Leddy...

Great to meet up and what a cool show!

Let's do this next time again.

Smiley
Dakini
Opening Act

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2010, 03:47:06 PM »

The whole day was really great, I had so much fun and it was nice seeing some of you there!   beer

I?m back home now, survived my trip to Denmark. Back to work tomorrow, only slept for  2 hours so that?ll be fun.  Tongue
What an amazing and HOT show (in every possible meaning of the word hihi ) it was!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:18:52 PM by Dakini » Logged

No, I won't be told anymore, that I've been brought down in this storm.
And left so far out from the shore, that I can't find my way back, my way anymore.
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2010, 06:04:56 PM »

HOLY COW it was amazing! Had so much fun... dont remember the last time i was as happy and nervous as i was yesterday and GOD Ron is such a sweetheart. Was SOOOOOO great to finally meet him. He was so sweet and i would never in my wildest dreams imagine all the things yesterday  Shocked
JEE i was nervous right before i meet him  Shocked and he was so sweet to me when i was "hang out" with him on stage at the meet-n-greet  rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ajMIkhu0yE

just before i meet him.... GOD i was happy and nervous

gotta say i was a lil surprised that he recognised me  hihi

Was so sweet of him to tell everybody to say hi to me  rofl

one out of 3 piccies i got taken w. him (have seen a lot more after  Shocked )

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: