Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Milan 6/10 - Rocket Queen (video inside) and Fall to Pieces added to Set
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Milan 6/10 - Rocket Queen (video inside) and Fall to Pieces added to Set  (Read 15958 times)
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 06:37:15 PM »

That's really shitty that somebody would do that to Slash.  Any idiot who runs onto the stage deserves to get their ass kicked.  I'm glad that Slash is alright though.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 08:44:52 PM »

I agree with Perla.  That's messed up.

Watched the videos though and performance wise things are looking quite good.  Myles continues to impress.  Although during every song he seems to tell people to get their hands in the air.  Might want to cut back on that a bit.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ace_954
Opening Act

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 11:22:54 PM »

Perla has every right to be angry. This is disgusting. After Dimebag, how can any venue let something like this happen?? What if something did happen? In this day and age letting anyone storm the stage is unacceptable. It sucks because that's how many good people used to enjoy the show and interact with the artists back in the day (stagediving). But, after the Dimebag tragedy, you just can't take those kinds of risks anymore. Sad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2010, 01:51:39 AM »

Check out the photo of the guy when he gets to Slash:

SLASH Tackled On Stage In Milan: Multi-Angle Video Footage Available - June 11, 2010

Slash was tackled by a man who had climbed onstage during the VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist's performance in Milan, Italy Thursday night (June 10). The guitarist was not harmed, but had his guitar broken and after a few seconds had to stop his solo in the song "Sweet Child O' Mine" until a new instrument was handed to him.

Fan-filmed video footage of the incident, coming from various sources, can be viewed below.

The setlist for the show was as follows:

01. Ghost
02. Mean Bone (SLASH'S SNAKEPIT)
03. Nightrain (GUNS N' ROSES)
04. Sucker Train Blues (VELVET REVOLVER)
05. Back From Cali
06. Beggars & Hangers On (VELVET REVOLVER)
07. Civil War (GUNS N' ROSES)
08. Rocket Queen (GUNS N' ROSES)
09. Fall To Pieces (VELVET REVOLVER)
10. Dirty Little Thing (VELVET REVOLVER)
11. Nothing To Say
12. Starlight
13. Solo, Godfather Theme
14. Sweet Child O' Mine (GUNS N' ROSES)
15. Rise Today (ALTER BRIDGE)
16. Slither (VELVET REVOLVER)
-----
17. By The Sword
18. Communication Breakdown (LED ZEPPELIN)
-----
19. Paradise City (GUNS N' ROSES)

Photos of the concert at the Palasharp Arena are available on the news blog Musica Metal.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141413

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2010, 02:12:45 AM »

Damn, that guy getting up on the stage was scary. Hopefully, they'll pay more attention to security in the future. Can't take a risk these days.

Fuck 'Em All.
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2010, 06:16:55 AM »

http://austria.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Coverage_Slash_performs_on_stage_at_the_Nova_Rock_music_festival_in_Nickelsdorf_20000101
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »

In one of the videos did I see Tood Kearns wearing a LAMF shirt? I believe it was the Rocket Queen video actually.

Slash was very lucky that he didn't didn't get hurt during that tackle.

What I found extremely funny was how Slash sounded so much like Robin Finck after the inncident  hihi

Seriously though this band is kicking ass on every song. Thanks for the links.

DH

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2010, 12:46:49 PM »

In one of the videos did I see Tood Kearns wearing a LAMF shirt? I believe it was the Rocket Queen video actually.

Slash was very lucky that he didn't didn't get hurt during that tackle.

What I found extremely funny was how Slash sounded so much like Robin Finck after the inncident  hihi

Seriously though this band is kicking ass on every song. Thanks for the links.

DH

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl post of the year rofl rofl  brilliant.,

that dude looked like a monster from a horror movie

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »

Here is a link to a HD version someone shot of Rocket Queen (full song). Sounds very awesome. It's a 2 song video with Civil War first then Rocket Queen.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdnj0m_slash-civil-war-rocket-queen-live-m_music#from=embed?start=251
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2010, 08:53:58 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Slash comments on Milan stage tackle incident

June 13th, 2010

Last night I had the honour of interviewing Slash ? yes, the Slash ? for Mixdown magazine. The interview, which was conducted to promote his forthcoming Australian tour for Soundwave Touring,  will be published in the July issue of Mixdown, so you can check it out in a couple of weeks, but here?s a teaser.

As you may have heard, Slash was tackled by a fan while performing in Milan a few nights ago. Here?s what Slash had to say about it.

So what?s with some jerk tackling you on stage the other night?

Now that all the facts are out, it was just some drunk guy who got on stage. It doesn?t seem like he had any ill will. What happened was, he came up behind me, and he?d managed to get up on stage and my security guard came up and tackled him, not knowing what this guy was neccissarily capable of or whatever. So the real melee was the tackle (laughs). He basically deflected the guy off of me, and somehow the guy had managed to be hooked onto my guitar, which I let go of, all in a split second. They went off the edge of the stage, my guitar hit the ground and I picked it up and continued playing, only to find that it was broken, so I had to switch guitars and finish the song. It turned out to not be that big a deal, but you never know exactly what it could have been.

Being a guitar nerd I have to ask, which guitar? Is it gonna be okay?

Yeah it?s fine. I used it yesterday, and this happened the day before yesterday. All he did was rip the machine head off. The whole mechanism was sort of off. It was one of the Gibson ?Inspired By? guitars, which is a replica of my 1988 Les Paul Standard. So it?s one of those guitars that?s been Murphy-aged [aged by Gibson's Tom Murphy]. That?s why I only take new guitars on the road. I don?t take old guitars on the road because, in the sort of spirit and energy of the kind of performances that I do, and all the bands I?ve been in, there?s a certain amount of chaos, so if you?re looking to keep something preserved in its pristine state, don?t use it! (Laughs). Gibsons are durable, but if you feel any sentimental attachment to something that you?ve had for years and obviously have been through a lot of stuff with, leave it at home and take something else.

http://iheartguitarblog.com/2010/06/slashpreview.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »

I would sure like to get a DVD of that show!

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2010, 02:39:59 AM »

Why was that man not detained and arrested? Everybody knows how many nutcases there are out there who get obsessed with celebs. This man may have had the intention to hurt or kill Slash. What if he had the intention of showing up at Slash's next show? I know that this has been brought up before but look what happened to Dimebag. They say that the nut who killed Dime was obsessed with Pantera and blamed Dime for Pantera's breakup. What if the guy who went on stage after Slash blamed him for the demise of GnR?

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »

Here is another high quality Rocket Queen from a few days ago at Nova Rock. Slash is just on fire right now and the band as a whole sounds amazing. Scary part is they are approaching their 3 month anniversary as a band and they are this good together already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHngadwn-c
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »

Here is another high quality Rocket Queen from a few days ago at Nova Rock. Slash is just on fire right now and the band as a whole sounds amazing. Scary part is they are approaching their 3 month anniversary as a band and they are this good together already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHngadwn-c

they've really only been playing consistently for about 3 weeks; starting at the end of May;

those other shows and performances were kind of tease for this tour which they have just consistently gotten better and Myles seems to have gotten in a groove w all slash's back catalogue
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 12:56:33 PM »

Wow!!! Really great videos!!  ok

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2010, 08:36:52 AM »

That incident was pretty crazy, I?d say the guy might?ve just hugged Slash when he got to him but the security guy dived on him and it resulted in him knocking Slash over. Slash was still pretty cool to just continue on playing after he switched guitars. R&FNR? Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7mFoEk_DAk
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:39:20 AM by gcluskey » Logged

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: