Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash At Download Festival 2010 - June 13th
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash At Download Festival 2010 - June 13th  (Read 9251 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 04, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »

Slash: 'Donington Was Crucial For Guns N' Roses Explosion'

June 04, 2010

The guitarist claims...

Former Guns N? Roses guitarist Slash has heralded the impact playing at Donington Park had on the band?s career.

The group performed at the outdoor venue in 1988 when it staged the Monsters of Rock festival.

Slash, who will return to the site to play Download next weekend, said the performance was a ?big gig? for the band.

?When we came down to Donington we were all tired and stuff, we went on stage and 80,000 people seriously reacted,? he told XFM.

?It was the moment or feeling that you?d really arrived. It was an important cornerstone in Guns? explosion.?

Slash, who is performing solo at Download, also hinted that he maybe joined by special guests during his set.

Download will be headlined by Aerosmith, Rage Against The Machine and AC/DC.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/56705/Slash-Donington-Was-Crucial-For-Guns-N-Roses-Explosion

Download 2010 Stage Times Revealed

Sunday June 13

Main Stage

20:40 - 22:40 Aerosmith
18:55 - 20:05 Stone Temple Pilots
17:25 - 18:25 Motorhead
16:00 - 17:00 Billy Idol
14:55 - 15:40 Slash
13:50 - 14:35 Cinderella
12:35 - 13:30 Saxon
11:45 - 12:15 Ratt
11:00 - 11:25 Dommin

http://www.rocksound.tv/news/article/download-2010-stage-times-revealed

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 11:43:50 PM »

Hmmmmm, Lemmy and Weiland?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 12:00:54 AM »

Hmmmmm, Lemmy and Weiland?

That's who I was thinking as well...

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 12:30:55 AM »

With this be streamed like last year?

I gotta see this

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 04:23:40 AM »

... and Tom Morello?

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 04:25:48 AM »

... and Tom Morello?

Tom Morello will be there the previous day.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 10:18:29 AM »

It could be Steven Tyler and or Joe Perry also.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 12:50:24 PM »

Billy Idol doing Out Ta Get Me? That would be great. I always thought VR should get Idol after Weiland left.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 02:43:50 PM »

Billy Idol and Lemmy.  Not Scott.  He's doing some shows in the States with Idol, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did something together. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 11:30:44 PM »

Billy Idol and Lemmy.  Not Scott.  He's doing some shows in the States with Idol, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did something together. 
Is he going to read the words off the piece of paper like he did at LAYNE?
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 06:43:54 AM »

Is there a livestream of the acts at download this year?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 10:34:13 AM »

Apparently Lemmy will be playing with Slash and Slash with Lemmy at the Festival.

Download 2010: Slash Loving Life On His Own

Slash tells Rock Sound that he is loving life as a solo artist and life without "anybody holding [him] back."

Posted Sunday, 13 June 2010

Speaking backstage at Download 2010 guitar legend Slash told the gathered crowd at his press conference that he is adapting well to life as a solo artist:

?I just needed that freedom to go out and do it without anybody holding me back,? he says speaking of his new venture. ?I don?t have any unnecessary obstacles that I?m familiar with from past experiences so I?m actually really happy to be doing this. I don?t really think of the solo aspect because when we play live it becomes a band.?

The guitarist has played Donington four times with four different bands but his first appearance at the festival still stands out.

?The first time was super memorable, it was 1988 and Guns?n?Roses came over here not knowing how massive the band had become and the response we got was overwhelming and it stuck with me to this day.?

Are you at Download? Team RS is firing out up-to-the-second missives on the best shows you simply can't miss via our Twitterfeed @rocksound as well as chatting to all the bands who matter right here on Rocksound.tv/festivals. Keep us bookmarked on yer iPhones and BlackBerries, and if you see one of us staggering around the site just buy us a beer.

If you want to join in the fun, mark all your tweets #rsfest.

For those of you who won't be at Donington, you can keep up with all the action via Rocksound.tv/festivals and our Facebook page. We'll be providing the best photos both onstage and backstage, the quickest and sharpest reviews and news from the festival and the funniest videos. Stick with us and it'll be like you're right there, y'hear?

http://www.rocksound.tv/news/article/download-2010-slash-loving-life-on-his-own

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »

Slash joined onstage at Download by Lemmy

Fans are treated to 'Paradise City' and 'Sweet Child o' Mine'

June 13, 2010

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash wowed the huge Sunday afternoon (June 13) Download crowd with a choice selection of Guns N' Roses material, as well as his own solo work.

Playing Guns N' Roses singles 'Sweet Child o' Mine', 'Paradise City' and 'Nightrain', as well as Velvet Revolver's 'Slither', with vocals courtesy of Myles Kennedy, Slash was on top form, playing some of the riff from 'Paradise City' behind his head.

Slash, the stage name of Stoke-on-Trent raised guitarist Saul Hudson, was joined onstage by Lemmy of Motorhead for a rendition of 'Doctor Alibi'.

Introduced by Slash as "a really good friend of mine", Lemmy walked on to massive cheers from the audience, who soon began chanting his name.

"Good evening," said Lemmy to the crowd, despite it only being 3.40pm.

"You have been the best fucking audience I've ever seen in my life," said Kennedy after the legendary pair finished the track.

After Kennedy had set up 'Sweet Child 'o Mine' by saying that Slash had played the song at Donington Park 22 years ago and that Slash was the world's greatest ever guitarist, Slash joked "I paid him to say that".

Slash played:

'Ghost'
'Back From Cali'
'Nightrain'
'Rocket Queen'
'Starlight'
'By The Sword'
'Sweet Child o' Mine'
'Doctor Alibi'
'Slither'
'Paraside City'

http://www.nme.com/news/slash/51493

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 12:40:07 PM »

Slash At Download 2010

NMETV ? June 13, 2010 ? Slash and Miles Kennedy talk about the getting the new album out on the road and what it will be like to play Glastonbury for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhZrGC5ulps

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 12:55:19 PM »

5 new songs out of a 10 song set is not bad. Slash is at least willing to stand by his new stuff which is cool because at a festival I would think there is a very big temptation to stick predominantly with GNR and VR hits that you know people have heard since the audience is not coming specifically to see you as at a headlining show. Naturally you want to show off your new stuff, but at the same time no performer likes hearing crickets if the people aren't into it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »

5 new songs out of a 10 song set is not bad. Slash is at least willing to stand by his new stuff which is cool because at a festival I would think there is a very big temptation to stick predominantly with GNR and VR hits that you know people have heard since the audience is not coming specifically to see you as at a headlining show. Naturally you want to show off your new stuff, but at the same time no performer likes hearing crickets if the people aren't into it.
Well, it makes sense they'd sing the 2 Myles songs and Lemmy was there to lend a helping hand as well.  Then "By The Sword" being the single from the album and "Ghost" being the most well received from rock fans.  I think it makes sense, but I see where you're coming from.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 04:32:26 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0SEpdaddfw
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »

i'll up the full set sometime this week in audio and a little later in video unless it glitches alot, my cam was playing up.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 06:50:55 PM »

i'll up the full set sometime this week in audio and a little later in video unless it glitches alot, my cam was playing up.

cool!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 09:15:55 PM »

wonder what Tremonti is gonna think of Myles calling Slash the greatest guitar player of all time..

of course Tremonti would have to realize he isn't in Slash's league.. as good as he is.. he is nowhere near Slash.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: