Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum: 'Duff Is Doing 2 Or 3 Shows With Jane's Addiction - That's It'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum: 'Duff Is Doing 2 Or 3 Shows With Jane's Addiction - That's It'  (Read 12706 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 06:41:46 PM »

puts on flame suit

i think JA are fucking terrible and can't understand why Duff would take this job

I thought this song was ok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoTzMAFetLs

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 06:47:09 PM »

puts on flame suit

i think JA are fucking terrible and can't understand why Duff would take this job

+1   ok

really couldnt agree more.  I mean I understand why Duff would take the job, for some mysterious reason he really likes them.  Axl too, he always used to rave about them like 20 years ago and I just didnt get it.  File this under Bruce Springsteen and U2, two other bands I just "dont get."  Although U2 I can kind of see why people like them,
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 07:11:29 PM »

puts on flame suit

I thought this song was ok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoTzMAFetLs
that song is indeed pretty good IMO
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 08:53:17 PM »

Matt Sorum:  I talked to him about it today.  He's having fun, he's doing I think 2 or 3 shows with them this summer -- that's it.

You would think if Duff has become a permanent member of Jane's addiction he would tell Matt and Slash.  This is what Slash had to say about it recently:

Speaking to Rolling Stone recently on the state of Velvet Revolver, Slash had this to say: "I think Duff [McKagan] is doing something with Jane's Addiction right now so we're all sort of all over the place doing whatever until we can all regroup."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2010, 12:17:46 AM »

He "thinks" Duff is doing something with JA?  Kind of funny, the way it was stated.

I'm just surprised that, with all the interviews with Slash lately, that no one has asked him about Duff's involvement with JA and how he feels about it or whatever. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2010, 10:07:30 AM »

He "thinks" Duff is doing something with JA?  Kind of funny, the way it was stated.

I was thinking the same thing.  It just doesn't sound like he's been informed that Duff has "joined" Jane's Addiction.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2010, 10:26:38 AM »

That quote from Slash was from a few months back, long before Duff had actually joined Jane's Addiction. He was still just helping them write at the time.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2010, 11:52:05 AM »

That quote from Slash was from a few months back, long before Duff had actually joined Jane's Addiction. He was still just helping them write at the time.

You so you think he started writing for them and then it occurred to them "hey, Duff should join the band". Smiley

I think his involvement with the band was clear from the beginning.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2010, 11:56:12 AM »

You so you think he started writing for them and then it occurred to them "hey, Duff should join the band". Smiley

I think his involvement with the band was clear from the beginning.

I think they invited him to write for them to see how it went, and it wasn't until relatively recently that they asked him to become an actual member of the band, yes. There's a reason up until it became public, I was adamant that he wasn't a member of the band, you know. Tongue
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2010, 12:10:13 PM »

Also, does anyone know how recent that Matt Sorum interview is? Could be things have changed since he was quoted too.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »

Also, does anyone know how recent that Matt Sorum interview is? Could be things have changed since he was quoted too.

The interview with Matt was conducted in L.A. on May 7th.

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2010, 03:58:08 PM »

What ever the timing was it appears Slash has always been under the impression Duff would be available.  I don't think Matt misunderstood his conversation with Duff.

And I agree with lynn1961 why hasn't someone asked Slash about Duff. I think someone should ask him on twitter.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2010, 04:12:03 PM »

What ever the timing was it appears Slash has always been under the impression Duff would be available.  I don't think Matt misunderstood his conversation with Duff.

And I agree with lynn1961 why hasn't someone asked Slash about Duff. I think someone should ask him on twitter.

i just did, let's see if he says anything

personally, i think that if JA's record flops they'll just break up and duff will go back.. if it hits he won't go to VR anytime soon
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:28:33 PM by CheapJon » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2010, 04:48:12 PM »

does anyone take JA seriously?

i mean come on.. they have broken up and gotten back together more times than Aerosmith

I don't think Slash is threatened in anyway by this

Think about this, we all know what a rough time some of the new GNR guitarist have had with old GNR fans.. what kind of reception do u think Duff is gonna get by old school JA fans?

my guess is it won't be pretty.

Slash or Dave Navarro... i think id rather play with Slash

what did Matt say about the difference in playing with Axl and Scott?

with Axl u fly private planes,limos and sell out stadiums
with Scott u ride in cabs and play theaters..

same here.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2010, 04:57:16 PM »

same here.

i guess they'll ride bikes their next tour then Wink
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 05:23:33 PM »

personally, i think that if JA's record flops they'll just break up and duff will go back.. if it hits he won't go to VR anytime soon
Did you get an answer? I did Duff is still in VR.
i didn't get an answer

but i asked what would happen with VR if duff decided to stay with JA
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »

Did you get an answer? I did Duff is still in VR.
i didn't get an answer

but i asked what would happen with VR if duff decided to stay with JA

Question Since Duff has joined JA who will be the base player for VR? Answer He is still in VR though
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:46:58 PM by sleeper » Logged
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »

our questions is still a little different
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2010, 07:17:53 PM »

Jane's Addiction is a great band, Just Because is a great song, Duff was lucky to
have the opportunity to join the band, and was enough clever to accept. period.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2010, 07:41:01 PM »

does anyone take JA seriously?

i mean come on.. they have broken up and gotten back together more times than Aerosmith

I don't think Slash is threatened in anyway by this

Think about this, we all know what a rough time some of the new GNR guitarist have had with old GNR fans.. what kind of reception do u think Duff is gonna get by old school JA fans?

my guess is it won't be pretty.

Slash or Dave Navarro... i think id rather play with Slash

same here.
Regardless, Duff wasn't happy in VR towards the end.  No one was.  If he's happy now in JA, he's in a better place and won't run back to VR.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: