Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum: 'Duff Is Doing 2 Or 3 Shows With Jane's Addiction - That's It'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum: 'Duff Is Doing 2 Or 3 Shows With Jane's Addiction - That's It'  (Read 12710 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 01, 2010, 08:50:38 AM »

Artisan News interviewed Matt Sorum at the Musicares benefit in L.A. on May 7th.  They asked him his thoughts on Duff McKagan joining Jane's Addiction.

Artisan News:  Will Duff be the permanent bassist for Jane's Addiction?

Matt Sorum:  I talked to him about it today.  He's having fun, he's doing I think 2 or 3 shows with them this summer -- that's it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nslzq1b25Rs

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 09:18:32 AM »

What the hell is going on here?  lol

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 09:33:07 AM »

lol, matt scrotum is most likely way off.. duff's writing and recording with the band

sure it's 3 weeks old but still, the confirmation came long before that didn't it?
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 09:59:08 AM »

Huh Huh

I don't see how Matt could mistake a conversation like that.  But I got the impression from the interviews and statements given by the JA people and Duff that his move was long term/permanent. JA has 2 shows scheduled in Europe this month I think. A friend of mine that follows LOADED says they are going to tour and are writting new music this summer.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »

it sounds like VR need to get in one room and figure out their plans together!
Matt is wrong here.
But Duff also said that Slash would be touring for a year and we can't see any evidence that this is the case. 

Sounds like Dave, Matt and Slash are ready to do VR in 2011.

I can see Duff being handed a Commit or quit ultimatum.  We all thought VR would get back together after Slashs album/tour and Loaded were done but Duff joining Jane's as certainly thickened the plot.

Hopefully it all works out for the best.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 10:32:37 AM »

they will need a singer before they need a bass player
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 10:40:11 AM »

they will need a singer before they need a bass player

yeah i guess.. but they will probably wanna jam some ideas a bit before and while searching for a singer.  Maybe they can get a friend or session musician for that though.

But how involved would Duff be in the singer search if he was busy with Jane's?  Would he still have the power to veto etc?
If he wasnt active in the search yet still veto'd a candidate, how frustrated would the others get?

All questions and speculation i know Smiley   

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »

i'm guessing Slash is currently touring w/ VRs new singer right now Wink
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 03:49:48 PM »

he might have the pipes but not the grit so i hope not, maybe myles will win me over tomorrow but i'm not so sure
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 03:53:33 PM »

History tells us bass players (beyond Eric Avery) in JA are "temps' - see Flea, Martyn Lenoble, Chris Cheney et al.

Who knows what Duff's current commitment consists of or how long it may indeed last but odds are it won't be anything long term.

That said, I don't think Duff's commitments outside of VR will make one bit of difference if/when VR reconvene.

If Slash wants to do VR - Matt, Duff and Dave will surely follow suit.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 03:58:45 PM »

he might have the pipes but not the grit so i hope not, maybe myles will win me over tomorrow but i'm not so sure

i'm pretty sure he will Wink
he sounds 10x's better at the venuw than on youtube hihi
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 04:11:16 PM »

same goes for all bands Smiley or you can hear more clearly how they suck Tongue
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »

same goes for all bands Smiley or you can hear more clearly how they suck Tongue

well the latter won't be the case with this band
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 11:36:15 PM »

after watching this clip, listening to Matt, and artisan news confirming later in the clip that  JA only has 2 dates confirmed for the summer and the album duff is helping them write no dropping till winter of 2011;  VR reconvening at the beginning of 2011 to see where things stand seems like a perfectly reasonable timetable
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 11:49:45 PM »

I seem to recall this statement from Stephen Perkins:

But has he told you that he's out of Velvet Revolver and he's with Jane's Addiction fully?

"I think he might be getting ready to say something in the column he writes for the Seattle Weekly. I know he's with us. He's one of us. Jane's Addiction is now the four of us: Perry, Dave, Duff and myself. Duff's a full-time member and he's ready to bite off as much as we are. What that ultimately means for the future of Velvet Revolver, I don't know."

Something to keep in mind.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 12:06:28 AM »

as if Perry and Dave can get along

Duff will be back.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 05:47:37 AM »

What about on record? Because Myles on record has an incredibly irritating voice. Fine on the lower stuff, but as soon as he goes for the higher notes, he's shit. Sure, he can hit the higher notes... but hitting them and making them sound good are two different things.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 08:46:04 AM »

What about on record? Because Myles on record has an incredibly irritating voice. Fine on the lower stuff, but as soon as he goes for the higher notes, he's shit. Sure, he can hit the higher notes... but hitting them and making them sound good are two different things.

then you must hate axl b/c the same has been said about him-and it's worse live w/ Axl then in the studio
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 08:58:34 AM »

Nope. I enjoy Axl's voice, especially on the high notes. There is a big difference between Axl and Myles' voices... at least to my ears.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 09:11:15 AM »

Axl is an amazing frontman.  he can sing his ass off, command a stage, and write great lyrics among many other things.
I have no problem at all accepting that Slash will never find anyone better.

But Myles is awesome also and easily the best singer Slash has played with since 96.  His stage presence is improving and he's done a great job at the shows so far.  (considering he has to cover about 8 different singers including Axl and Plant).

he also offers Slash something that Axl cannot which is playing some smaller stripped down shows.  just 5 guys rocking on a small stage with limited pyro/lighting etc.  Which i think is cool.

Looking at other threads in different forums and ticketmaster site, i think they may have sold themselves short venue wise.  These gigs seem like a hot ticket.

Basically my point is that Axl and Myles are both awesome.  It could be worse, a few months ago we were all sure Franky Perez would get the gig.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: