Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:36:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible new GNR album in 2011
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible new GNR album in 2011  (Read 17231 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »

Yes, yes, I'm sure Dj is a great songwriter. And the combination of him, Axl, Tommy, Richard and Ron (who are all accomplished songwriters) on record is definitely an incredibly exciting prospect that I'm sure everyone would like to hear sooner rather than later. But surely everyone would want to hear the songs they already have first. Right? Just me? Undecided
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2010, 11:21:45 AM »

No disrespect to any member of GNR, but I am excited with DJ Ashba in the band. His songwriting abilities are amazing and i am confident he will bring GNR back to the top of the charts. That man knows how to write awesome riffs and hit songs.

The work he did with Sixx AM and Motley was awesome. Can't imagine he working with a talent like Axl. I think they can outdo UYI.

I don't know about outdoing UYI, but I agree with everything else you said Tongue Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 11:31:34 AM »

Yes, yes, I'm sure Dj is a great songwriter. And the combination of him, Axl, Tommy, Richard and Ron (who are all accomplished songwriters) on record is definitely an incredibly exciting prospect that I'm sure everyone would like to hear sooner rather than later. But surely everyone would want to hear the songs they already have first. Right? Just me? Undecided

I already have said what i would love to see. Take 6 or 7 of the best left over CD session songs and add 7 from this lineup and make one killer CD.

or do a double album. CD 1  CD II   CD 2 disc from this lineup.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »

I already have said what i would love to see. Take 6 or 7 of the best left over CD session songs and add 7 from this lineup and make one killer CD.

or do a double album. CD 1  CD II   CD 2 disc from this lineup.

I might have missed that. Sorry. That sounds fair enough.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2010, 11:36:34 AM »

It was in another thread way back dude, no worries! ok

I actually in that thread said something bout a box set with the remaining CD sessions and release a single disc of the "Best of" CD sessions.

that clears the CD sessions and possible fulfills the recording contract, and then maybe Axl can be free to do what he wants.

A band as big as GNR could do way better with their own label and negotiating their own exclusive deals.

bands like GNR no longer need that label imo.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »

No disrespect to any member of GNR, but I am excited with DJ Ashba in the band. His songwriting abilities are amazing and i am confident he will bring GNR back to the top of the charts. That man knows how to write awesome riffs and hit songs.

The work he did with Sixx AM and Motley was awesome. Can't imagine he working with a talent like Axl. I think they can outdo UYI.

I don't know about outdoing UYI, but I agree with everything else you said Tongue Grin

They already did do that in 2008.    Cheesy

There is stuff I really like on UYI, but I think some of my least favorite GNR songs are also there.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2010, 03:22:56 AM »

exactly! the songs that are on the vault already need to be heard ok We need to hear that amazing buckethead work. Im guessing the band will go more traditional now with Ashba

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Ismellbetterthanyou
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 03:46:46 PM »

exactly! the songs that are on the vault already need to be heard ok We need to hear that amazing buckethead work. Im guessing the band will go more traditional now with Ashba

And what about Bumblefoot? He's not what I would consider "traditional", and since he hasn't still composed for GN'R... Smiley
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 08:03:55 PM »

What do you mean more traditional? Axl already said the songs for the next are pretty much done, and that it would be more like but heavier then CD. Which is exactly what I want hear. DJ will add something I think a song like Life is Beautiful would be a great addition to the band.

el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2010, 03:14:44 AM »

hmmm Ron said that he bring to GNR traditional rock, and before he came ChD was more industrial. so now with Ron & DJ I'm afraid that new album will be such a classic rock.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2010, 03:41:35 AM »

hmmm Ron said that he bring to GNR traditional rock, and before he came ChD was more industrial. so now with Ron & DJ I'm afraid that new album will be such a classic rock.
Yeah, because GnR's an industrial band. Screw the classic rock n' roll sound, killswitchs n' tapping licks w/ heavy distortions are the way to go.
Ron's a genius songwritter and guitarist. Don't worry, he won't be playing only basic rock n' roll w/ Guns. He'll play everything, from classic rock to metal and whatever styles he feels like playing at the moment - jazz, country, fusion, funk, flamenco, well, anything.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2010, 03:46:23 AM »

SOUL MONSTER RLZ

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2010, 04:58:05 AM »

this is great news i hope axl can tell us there a new album in the works maybe for a 2011 release
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2011, 07:58:34 AM »

no fresh news about a new CD this year ?

the timing is good, come on guys, you'll tour this summer in USA, you have some time to do it.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: