Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible new GNR album in 2011
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible new GNR album in 2011  (Read 17243 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 03:59:52 PM »

I wouldn't mind if they released the best of the rest of the material that was already written and possibly recorded, maybe make a deluxe CD with a second disk of all the new tracks.  Release this by next year, then, a year later I want all new material written and recorded by the current line-up.  That would be a dream scenario for me.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 05:23:13 PM »

BA. Bergen newspaper have done an interview with DJ Ashba and Dizzy! Dj reveals that GNR are working with a new album, and there MAY BE a new album in 2011. =)

That is interesting, thanks for posting.  I wish I could read the entire interview.  yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 09:36:11 PM »

I Believe: 2012

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 10:14:57 PM »

The article says that they are writing new songs for a new album. So that means CD 2 wont be released or what? We don't know, but I'd love more than anything to hear songs written by Axl and Ron - an album with the new lineup would kick major asses, lol.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 11:01:06 PM »

At some point I have no doubt we'll hear a lot of the songs talked about in the chats last year, but I love the idea of new material as well. Really, the band could go in many different directions. Pull a Radiohead/NIN and do something online (maybe an EP), do a bonus disc of material from the CD sessions before a disc of new songs, who knows. I love how Ashba fills out the band and it seems like a rock powerhouse so I'm definitely interested - but for now, they need to tour the fuck outta Europe Wink
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 11:27:24 PM »

Not sure if we'll get a new album this year, next year, or years after.  That's anybody's guess.  But I am glad to hear that they're actively writing while touring.  That's certainly a good sign.  I do hope we get to hear whatever is left in the CD vault, but I'm also psyched to see what these new guys can do together in a writing sense.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 02:56:50 AM »

At some point I have no doubt we'll hear a lot of the songs talked about in the chats last year, but I love the idea of new material as well. Really, the band could go in many different directions. Pull a Radiohead/NIN and do something online (maybe an EP), do a bonus disc of material from the CD sessions before a disc of new songs, who knows. I love how Ashba fills out the band and it seems like a rock powerhouse so I'm definitely interested - but for now, they need to tour the fuck outta Europe Wink

I think in GN'Rs case this might be unwise. It might reek of GN'R appearing desperate even if that isn't the case. Axl has got to handle these things very delicately.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 04:51:09 AM »

YES!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!  beer

Unbelievable cool  beer
wadey
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 03:41:21 PM »

Wow ...............a new album already   Shocked
ive not got bored with the last one yet  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 03:46:59 PM »

hopefully this turns out to be true

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 03:49:43 PM »

Well, at least its before 2012.
Id like to hear another gnr album before the end.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »

an album with

Axl, Ron, Dizzy,Chris,Tom,Frank,Ashba,Fortus
is going to be very melodic, very powerfull.  perhaps you can hear richard break a few guitars in just putting tracks up! who knows.
but that line-up on an album(out of scratch) is going to be strong and powerfull!
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 05:01:01 PM »

This is pretty exciting!

I'm not gonna pin all my hopes on it though... I'm happy to wait and see where this takes the band. I'm extremely keen to hear what these guys can write together!

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 05:00:11 AM »

can't wait to hear new songs

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 05:26:47 AM »

I would personally love a new album in 2011

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2010, 06:24:35 AM »

As much as I'd love to hear an album recorded by the current line-up, I really hope they release the second Chinese Democracy record first. I mean, for ten years we'd be hearing about the 100+ songs they were working on. Axl has been bigging up unreleased songs as recently as last year. It'd be a shame to only ever get to hear 15 tracks from all of those sessions. Even if it's a record quietly released with a minimum of fuss, it would be great to hear those songs.

All that aside, the band is on fire at the moment, so I'd definitely want to hear what they can come up with together at some point, too. Especially if it turns out anything like Bumblefoot said he hoped it would sound like in an interview a while ago.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2010, 06:43:28 AM »

As much as I'd love to hear an album recorded by the current line-up, I really hope they release the second Chinese Democracy record first. I mean, for ten years we'd be hearing about the 100+ songs they were working on. Axl has been bigging up unreleased songs as recently as last year. It'd be a shame to only ever get to hear 15 tracks from all of those sessions. Even if it's a record quietly released with a minimum of fuss, it would be great to hear those songs.

All that aside, the band is on fire at the moment, so I'd definitely want to hear what they can come up with together at some point, too. Especially if it turns out anything like Bumblefoot said he hoped it would sound like in an interview a while ago.

Baz told us there are 3 albums worth... remember when Axl said that there isn't as many as he indicated...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2010, 06:52:23 AM »

Baz told us there are 3 albums worth... remember when Axl said that there isn't as many as he indicated...

He also said that he always thought of Chinese Democracy as a double album. And I'm sure there are plenty of songs that were dropped, because I'm sure various band members in the early late 90's-early 2000's said that they had 100 songs that they'd been working on. I don't expect to hear all of them, but it would be nice to hear the ones that were intended for release. I'm just hoping that they do still intend to release them.
Gracie2006
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 11:11:42 AM »

So now people will demand new songs to the set list from a new album which may or may not get released in 2011 rofl rofl rofl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 11:13:47 AM »

No disrespect to any member of GNR, but I am excited with DJ Ashba in the band. His songwriting abilities are amazing and i am confident he will bring GNR back to the top of the charts. That man knows how to write awesome riffs and hit songs.

The work he did with Sixx AM and Motley was awesome. Can't imagine he working with a talent like Axl. I think they can outdo UYI.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: