Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Danko Jones: 'Axl Rose Was One Of The Nicest Guys I've Ever Toured With'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Danko Jones: 'Axl Rose Was One Of The Nicest Guys I've Ever Toured With'  (Read 2911 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 28, 2010, 12:15:39 PM »

DANKO JONES ? Raw Like Sushi

May.01, 2010

The Guns N? Roses tour was an experience Jones and his bandmates would gladly repeat at the drop of a hat...

?Axl Rose has got a bad reputation but he treated us really well,? Jones reveals. ?He was nice to me and we hung out for hours. He had his own thing going on, but I personally think a lot of that has to do with the fact that even though Chinese Democracy is almost two years old the band has only really started touring on it. The Canadian tour that we were on was actually only the second leg after four dates in Asia, so I think Axl was trying to get his grounding back. But honestly, of any of the big tours that we?ve been on, Axl Rose was one of the most accommodating, nicest guy?s I?ve ever toured with. It?ll strike people as odd for some people to hear that but it?s the truth. He?s a really nice guy and it?s too bad not enough people see that side of him.?

?I know people are going to read this and say ?Ah, Danko?s kissing Axl?s ass?? but I?m being totally honest. I?ve never hung out with the main headlining band on any tour for three hours on a few nights, but that happened with Axl. He?d have people come into dressing room after the show, he was cool with it. There was nothing where security would pull this ?Don?t look him in they eye!? or ?Okay, now you can shake his hand!? crap. It was never like that, it was really relaxed. I was surprised because I?m like everyone else and I had this perception. Now that the tour is over I?m bummed (laughs). I?d open for Guns N? Roses for a whole year if I could, I wouldn?t mind. That was the most fun we?ve had in a while.?

http://carlbegai.com/2010/05/01/danko-jones-raw-like-sushi/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 12:37:22 PM »

Now thats a nice comment for Axl!
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 12:55:54 PM »

Thanks for posting Funky

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:20:39 PM »

Oh, thats from May 1st - thats before they were announced as open acts in Europe. Glad it worked out there, Im sure both bands are happy. Smiley

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 03:28:20 PM »

I've actually purchased some Danko Jones tracks on ITUNES. I probably wouldn't have been aware of them or gien them a chance if it weren't for touring w/ GN'R/..
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »

Nice read, even though with the reality of Axl's reputation I would never think of him as someone who is untouchable sort of speak when security is involved. The whole 'dont look at him' or 'your only allowed 5 minutes of HIS time' We all know what kind of person he really is.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 11:03:58 PM »

Thanks Danko for sharing such a positive note regarding Axl.  It really is refreshing to hear such a nice statement.  I am sure that when you are surrounded by good, positive people, that all share common ground, it makes for nothing but good times.  I think Axl is in his perfect element and has possibly found some peace ok.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: