Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:52:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash 'A New Velvet Revolver Album Is Planned For Next Year'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash 'A New Velvet Revolver Album Is Planned For Next Year'  (Read 7017 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 26, 2010, 01:27:28 PM »

The interview is in Dutch -- here's a rough translation and I'll post some of it in Dutch as well so maybe someone can verify that's what he says....

Slash finally doing his own thing

May 25, 2010

AMSTERDAM - Slash, former guitarist for Guns N 'Roses, has over fourteen years after he stepped out of the band made a solo album. NU.nl talked to the British-American guitarist about his new album.

"It's wonderful to finally be able to do my own thing. Working with a band has its own charms. "

"The workload is divided and you do not own to solve every fart, but you're also always tied to the musical tastes of a few others."

"This record is up to the last second just as I wanted."

"The guitars were as hard as I wanted them, the shooting lasted as long as I liked. There was no one who spurred me to shoot, or just wanted me longer continued. Wonderful. And while I'm always a guest musician, I thought it was time for everyone now agrees was a guest on my record. "
With the statement that its project Slash's Snakepit also a disguised solo project was the guitarist disagree. "That was really a band. Everyone had to say as much about the music and wrote the songs. This album is one hundred percent Slash. "

Freedom

Well, almost one hundred percent then, because the lyrics on the album were the guest singers themselves put forward. It gave them complete freedom Slash. "I follow all the artists who have done it a long time, I did not feel that I observed for textual big surprises would face."

"Also, I think it is true that the listener the text and the feelings that come with it automatically attributed to the one they hear singing. My name is hare anyway, haha. "

Jack White

Slash does anything to correct terms of guest vocalists. "There has often asked me recently what I like singers on the album had, but ultimately did not cooperate. I'd like to work with Jack White, but did not sing on the record. I respect that. "

"Dave Grohl drumming and not only wanted to sing. I understand that, but in some interviews it seems as if Jack is not liked, but it is not. He not only wanted to sing and as a guitarist, I did not need. A good guitarist, I of course already, haha. "

Puma

About Guns N 'Roses were at the time the wildest stories. Slash was claimed to have a few dozen snakes in the house, and a cougar in his bed asleep. The guitarist laughs at the memory of his special pet.

"Curtis! Hey, nice to you about him starting. I had him early '90s rescued from someone who is not well made. He has until 1996 when I lived in the house, where they were free to roam, then he went to a reservation in Arizona. "

"That is better for such a beast. I'm going to occasionally look up sometimes. I feel that he recognizes me, too. I have children who are almost as dangerous, haha. "

Future

Really Slash plans for the future yet. "I've done music for a couple of movies that I'd want to do more. But I does not matter that I have a similar record as they do. Velvet Revolver is a new album next year in the planning. "

A true solo career, the guitarist does not sit. "I remain a bandman. A bit of squabbling over music in his time secretly good. "A possible reunion with Guns N 'Roses is not in it.

"With Axl, I think it is never good. Not with him personally, but not between him and me. I am still open to hear it, but I'm not so quick. Before Axl lives too much in the past. I do enjoy being here my own thing. "

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2254227/slash-doet-eindelijk-eigen-ding.html

Toekomst

Echt plannen voor de toekomst heeft Slash nog niet. ?Ik heb de muziek voor een paar films gedaan, dat zou ik wel meer willen doen. Maar ik sluit ook niet uit dat ik nog een vergelijkbare plaat als deze maak. Voor Velvet Revolver staat voor volgend jaar een nieuw album in de planning.?

Een echte solocarri?re ziet de gitarist niet zitten. ?Ik blijf een bandman. Een beetje bakkeleien over muziek op zijn tijd is stiekem wel lekker.? Een eventuele re?nie met Guns N? Roses zit er niet in.

?Met Axl komt het denk ik nooit meer goed. Niet met hem persoonlijk, maar ook niet tussen hem en mij. Ik sta er nog steeds wel voor open hoor, maar ik zie het niet zo snel gebeuren. Daarvoor leeft Axl iets te veel in het verleden. Ik doe voorlopig even lekker mijn eigen ding.?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:31:57 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 03:01:42 PM »

with music they can write whatever they want so it's posible.
but to finish it up they sure need a singer.

I would prefer Myles for the next album.

but I guess it all depends on Matt. wheter he likes him enough or not....
he shouldn't be so hard....

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »

According to Slash Matt has tried to recruit Myles to VR in the past be he passed on the opportunity at the time. Maybe things would be different now with Myles and Slash having built a relationship, but I could also see Myles maybe steering clear of VR because he would be lead singer again for another group of cast offs from a big band the way he was basically lead singer of Creed without Scott Stapp. Now he would be singing for the GNR guys without Axl. It starts to build a pattern he may not want. Just my opinion.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 03:21:11 PM »

According to Slash Matt has tried to recruit Myles to VR in the past be he passed on the opportunity at the time. Maybe things would be different now with Myles and Slash having built a relationship, but I could also see Myles maybe steering clear of VR because he would be lead singer again for another group of cast offs from a big band the way he was basically lead singer of Creed without Scott Stapp. Now he would be singing for the GNR guys without Axl. It starts to build a pattern he may not want. Just my opinion.

yeah but this is 2010, music business is dead, Myles isn't a big time famous hall of famer. so really what else is he going to do?

Really doesn't matter if he is the Creed/GNR/VR replacement. i don't think people really even consider him that much.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »

it says he doesn't rule out that he'll make another album like this one, and that a new VR album are being planned for next year. he does not see himself making a solo career though, he says he's a band man.

interesting, wonder what Duff thinks about these plans? I think he's busy all of next year as it is.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 03:35:04 PM »

it says he doesn't rule out that he'll make another album like this one, and that a new VR album are being planned for next year. he does not see himself making a solo career though, he says he's a band man.

interesting, wonder what Duff thinks about these plans? I think he's busy all of next year as it is.

Thanks, I'll remove the question marks.

He's mentioned looking for a singer next year, but I don't remember him saying anything about a new album.

It is interesting and I wonder how that would work, like you said, with Duff's plans and Slash is touring well into next year I believe.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 06:13:07 PM »

and zeppelin wasn't?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 06:37:12 PM »

Thanks, I'll remove the question marks.

He's mentioned looking for a singer next year, but I don't remember him saying anything about a new album.

It is interesting and I wonder how that would work, like you said, with Duff's plans and Slash is touring well into next year I believe.

Well its gonna take a while to find a singer. this is the cell phone, internet age, so they can communicate without being in the same room on opinions for singers.

they said the album was done, so Duff already has his parts recorded.

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 07:06:01 PM »

Funky I think he said he would be touring into next summer (2011). And I have listened to so many radio interviews with Slash lately. But one last week that caught my attention was when the interviewer asked Slash about the former gunners on his solo album. Slash talked about each one and when he got to Duff he said he and Duff are in the same band together. So has Duff left VR or not? And about the singer question, I wonder how Slash knows they will have a singer to make an album in 2011?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:12:15 PM by sleeper » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 10:39:41 PM »

Funky I think he said he would be touring into next summer (2011).

That's what he said in the last interview, into/through summer 2011...that's what I meant by "well into next year."

they said the album was done, so Duff already has his parts recorded.

I thought he said they had a lot of material -- I didn't realize the album was done?

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 12:52:03 AM »

They have a lot of ideas, nothing is "done"...  Especially with no singer... I assume a lot of demos.

Duff would leave JA once VR is SERIOUS and has a new frontman.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 12:58:01 AM »

They have a lot of ideas, nothing is "done"...  Especially with no singer... I assume a lot of demos.

No Duff has been pretty clear he is in Janes for the duration of this album cycle (release, tour) at least. He is not just going to leave those guys high and dry because Slash is ready to do VR again.

Besides, Slash is out of his mind if he thinks there is going to be a VR album next year. It is not happening, at least not if he wants Duff in the band. I will not support any entity calling itself VR that does not have Duff in it if the timing doesn't work and they try and do something without him because they don't want to wait on him as well.

If it were Loaded, DUff would probably leave and come back. Not with Janes though, they are a high profile band and this is a good gig for him. Arguably better than VR at this point so he is not just going to drop that.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 03:04:59 AM »

Yeah i cant see how this is possible.  Im sure he means work on a new album is STARTING. 
How could it be planned?  They don't have a label, singer and Duff seems busy.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 03:24:18 AM »

Why can't Duff write with VR and JA? I don't think he'll be that busy until the tour starts. Laying down bass lines for tracks written by Slash + Myles won't be that difficult.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 04:01:58 AM »

my point was, if they have most of the songs musically written.. Duff can record bass parts wherever. this isn't the 80's where everyone lived in a mansion or something together and recorded and wrote for a year.

next year is a long ass time. that could mean November 2011.. that gives over a year and a half.. they wouldn't have to start a VR tour till Spring 2012.

so i think it is possible.

However, maybe Slash means they are gonna start recording the album by the end of next year. that is also very feasible.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 06:35:20 AM »

who'd wanna leave Janes Addiction for VR anyway!

html sucks
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 08:27:21 AM »

Why can't Duff write with VR and JA?

Because Loaded are also in process of recording a new album. Alternating between two bands is okay... but three bands all trying to do stuff at the same time? Not even slightly do-able. And I really don't think he's going to abandon either Jane's or Loaded at this point in time.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 08:28:49 AM »

my point was, if they have most of the songs musically written.

People don't seem to realise that when bands say they have a lot of ideas, that means riffs, a few basslines, etc. It doesn't mean they have songs written... just ideas that can be developed into songs at a later date.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 08:51:06 AM »

Duff is not the issue. Duff has moved on if he cannot be in VR any longer the band will have to get another bass player. If Slash says there is going to be new music next year someone has to sing it. How can he be so sure after all this time that he is going to find a singer.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 09:23:35 AM »

If Slash says there is going to be new music next year someone has to sing it. How can he be so sure after all this time that he is going to find a singer.

Cos despite what they might say..... i don't believe they have ever devoted any serious time to it.
We know Franky Perez would do it in an instant but im sure they're holding out for someone better.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: