Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:02:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit  (Read 95539 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #380 on: June 14, 2011, 11:10:35 PM »

Yeah I don't know about that lawsuits interfering with GNR concentration, there's always a lot going on.  Anyway this is good, it's June, best month of the year.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »

No Tour In USA:

2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 (No Valid RN'R)

5 Years Is Much... Before Only:

2003 - 2004 - 2005

Is The Moment !!

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #382 on: June 15, 2011, 08:57:43 AM »

So the band still has to tour for Azoff?

I think more likely it was an agreement that Azoff would facilitate a tour via Ticketmaster/LiveNation.

Not that they would tour "for" him (as in, paying him commission, etc).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #383 on: June 15, 2011, 09:01:46 AM »

Not for Azoff himself, per se.  They have to have the backing of his company to mount any significant US tour.  That's why the DOJ challenged the Live Nation-Ticketmaster merger on grounds it would create a merger.

Ali

Exactly.  I'm pretty sure one of the biggest fears (from the band) concerning this lawsuit was Azoff's ability to "blackball" them out of most of the major arenas in the US (and the major ticket seller).  I'm confident they would have made sure there was language in the settlement that would preclued Azoff from being able to do that...especially if they "won".

Together again,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #384 on: June 15, 2011, 09:08:55 AM »

Azoff had his nuts in the fire with this lawsuit cause it just smelled of Anti Trust... so he was basically beat and forced by Axl to do the right thing. I love it!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #385 on: June 15, 2011, 09:48:21 AM »

Not for Azoff himself, per se.  They have to have the backing of his company to mount any significant US tour.  That's why the DOJ challenged the Live Nation-Ticketmaster merger on grounds it would create a merger.

Ali

Exactly.  I'm pretty sure one of the biggest fears (from the band) concerning this lawsuit was Azoff's ability to "blackball" them out of most of the major arenas in the US (and the major ticket seller).  I'm confident they would have made sure there was language in the settlement that would preclued Azoff from being able to do that...especially if they "won".

Maybe they were using a US tour as a bargaining chip too. I don't like Azoff controlling Live Nation but I did think he had a reasonable argument over these commissions owed.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #386 on: June 15, 2011, 10:53:02 AM »

Maybe they were using a US tour as a bargaining chip too. I don't like Azoff controlling Live Nation but I did think he had a reasonable argument over these commissions owed.

We'll never really know, since it didn't go to court.

Likely, the tide would have turned on who broke the contract first, and when.  You can't owe someone commissions if the contract was violated prior to the point where those commissions would be levied.  In other words, if Azoff didn't do what the contract stipulated (which, I think, was the crux of Axl's countersuit) PRIOR to the tour....the band wouldn't owe him squat.  EVEN if he did ANYTHING (and, FYI, from band reports it doesn't sound like he did much) to help coordinate those tours.  He might be owed some recompense for the specific work did.  MAYBE.  Again, largely that would be determined by the courts, and their view on how/when/why the contract was violated.

Together again,
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #387 on: June 15, 2011, 10:59:48 AM »

It's a shame that they reached a settlement.... I really wanted Azoff to get his ass handed to him in court and have his stranglehold on the music industry weakened.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #388 on: June 15, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »

This was probably the reason why GN'R couldn't play any US venues, it might have been tied up with Azoff in some way. So that's what I meant by my comment earlier, when I said that hopefully GN'R can now fully concentrate on the fans, and give them what they want. Which is probably now going to happen, but I too would have liked this thing to go the full course and have the ruling in favour of Axl. Azoff needs to get taught a lesson, but at least he knows now that Axl isn't going to let him walk all over him.  Tongue
zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #389 on: June 15, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »

Well...

SUDAMERICAN TOUR / MEXICO TOUR / USA TOUR

beer

Don't forget Canada!! ok

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #390 on: June 15, 2011, 12:05:39 PM »

It's a shame that they reached a settlement.... I really wanted Azoff to get his ass handed to him in court and have his stranglehold on the music industry weakened.

Yeah I am really glad its over and it looks too me like Axl and company got the better end of the deal. But I would have loved too see Azoff get his ass beat in court.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #391 on: June 15, 2011, 12:28:38 PM »

No matter what, this issue is now resolved, that makes for a good day ok!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #392 on: June 15, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »

Excellent news.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #393 on: June 15, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »

Confirmed > Southamerican In Octuber !!

Maybe > Mexico In November & USA In December

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #394 on: June 15, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »

That is fantastic news.

Hopefully they tour during January, as I am in the US then.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #395 on: June 15, 2011, 09:21:50 PM »

Azoff And Axl Settle Suit

June 15, 2011

The lawsuits between Irving Azoff and Axl Rose have been settled.

The parties reached a confidential settlement of mutual satisfaction, Azoff attorney Howard King told Pollstar.

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2011/06/15/771100.aspx

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #396 on: June 15, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »

No it's not a shame actually. If this went to court it would have dragged out forever. And don't think that just because they had a hearing schedule it wouldn't have been postponed. These things take years. It's good they settled, so they can get on with their business and the fans can watch them tour. Also, do'nt be so sure Axl would have won. Juries are made up of fools who can't figure out how to get out of jury duty.
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: June 16, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »

The flip side to this is that why should Axl spend years in court over this?  I know he has his lawyers looking after things but Axl is a musician.   There was a time when Rock N Roll was supposed to be fun.  Put out a few albums, go on stage and for a couple hours forget about everything that's going on and interact with your fans.  Now, it's big business.  There are shady managers, greedy music labels, disgruntled fans, blind critics.  Having to deal on the business end can be very complex, not every musician is capable of handling it.  Axl has always stood his ground and wouldn't let anyone walk over him or take advantage.  But at the end of the day, I'm sure he would find more satisfaction in being in the studio, doing more concerts instead of having to deal with legalities all time.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #398 on: June 16, 2011, 01:44:53 AM »

as someone closer of the circle said before Axl is doing much for the music industry defending art/bands/music etc. in a positive way, behind the scenes. it appears he set this as very very high priority, exspecially when all the lawsuits started in early/mid 90s.
its very cool in general but can be really depressing aswell for him and the fans. i mean....we dont need long silent times again cause of stuff like this, do we?

Re-Union time, baby!!
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #399 on: June 16, 2011, 01:45:34 AM »

THEY'RE BACK!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: