Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:12:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit  (Read 95593 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2011, 12:28:09 AM »

I don't know what happen with Merck.  I always thought he was some what of a used car salesman but I liked the guy.  I'd be happy to see them try again with him.

As for Azoff, it was more the guy is a shark but he does make money but if you have to prostitute yourself might as well have a good pimp.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2011, 01:28:59 AM »

I don't like Azoff but we at least have to give him credit for helping get CD released. I just don't understand how all this went down. As soon as Azoff was announced, i knew he was going for a reunion. Hell thats what the guy does. So I can't understand why Axl was so surprised.

of course i assume Axl never thought Azoff would purposely sabotage the band to get it done.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2011, 04:19:57 PM »

Irv's is going to have a lot of trouble down the road with his spending and the not pulling in money.

Last year he toted his clients Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne to stockholders as saving the touring industry. Well both of their albums flopped after little promotion and I don't think either one is even touring this year.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2011, 12:56:52 AM »

I don't know why Axl does it any more.  I think we're pretty lucky he's stuck around, it's been a lot of shit.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #344 on: April 25, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »

I don't know what happen with Merck.  I always thought he was some what of a used car salesman but I liked the guy.  I'd be happy to see them try again with him.

As for Azoff, it was more the guy is a shark but he does make money but if you have to prostitute yourself might as well have a good pimp.  Cheesy

I agree, say what you want about Merck, but he always seemed to have the bands interest at heart. He was always by the side of the stage, and he seemed to try his best to make sure the show went ahead without any problems. In the end, it was unfortunate that he had to part company with GNR, but even then he had only good things to say about the band.  Wink

And now we can see with Azoff that Merck really wasn't all that bad, because he was just the polar opposite. A man who was out from the get go, with his own interests at heart, working behind the scenes to screw current GN'R, in favour of a reunion. Bailing out on GN'R in regards to organising a tour, and then requesting payment when GN'R managed to tour without his help.

What a joke, Azoff is a selfish human being.  rant
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #345 on: April 26, 2011, 09:33:23 AM »

Settlement Efforts Between Axl Rose And Former Manager Hit Sour Note

During a brief hearing before Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Rita Miller, the lawyers for Rose and Irving Azoff said they plan to meet with the mediator, a retired judge, on April 25. Trial is scheduled the next day.

It doesn't look like this is going to trial today.  It's now scheduled for June...

FRONT LINE MANAGEMENT INC VS WILLIAM BILL BAILEY ET AL

Future Hearings
06/14/2011 at 09:30 am in department 16 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (2) FINAL STATUS CONFERENCE)

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #346 on: April 26, 2011, 10:45:22 AM »

Can`t really make any comment to this apart from it looks like it`s going to be along drawn out affair maybe by moving it to june there hoping the 2 sides will settle before then.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #347 on: April 26, 2011, 02:07:50 PM »

I thought Axl legally changed in his name.  In any event, why would they refer to him as both William and Bill "WILLIAM BILL BAILEY ET AL"?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #348 on: April 26, 2011, 02:26:16 PM »

I thought Axl legally changed in his name.  In any event, why would they refer to him as both William and Bill "WILLIAM BILL BAILEY ET AL"?

Maybe W. AXL ROSE Name For GN'R Artist - WILLIAM BILL BAILEY Personal, No Problems Whit Band.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #349 on: April 26, 2011, 02:35:44 PM »

Maybe W. AXL ROSE Name For GN'R Artist - WILLIAM BILL BAILEY Personal, No Problems Whit Band.

I believe W. Axl Rose is his legal name. When he gets his monthly bills, they would be labeled with that name - both personal and artistic.

Not sure why it would say Bill Bailey then... It was mentioned something about it in the countersuit, Azoff had used that particular name fully conscious of Axl's feelings for it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #350 on: April 26, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »

I believe W. Axl Rose is his legal name. When he gets his monthly bills, they would be labeled with that name - both personal and artistic.

Not sure why it would say Bill Bailey then... It was mentioned something about it in the countersuit, Azoff had used that particular name fully conscious of Axl's feelings for it.

Good Ponit, Cheers.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2011, 07:49:02 AM »

it sounds like they wanna settle out of court,that's why a delay.i had forgot about it till now.omg june now,for criminy sake.

the one an only horsey !
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #352 on: April 29, 2011, 02:18:31 PM »

The last activity in the case was from Axl's attorneys:

Documents Filed/Proceedings Held

04/20/2011 Ex-parte Request for Order
Filed by Attorney for Deft/Respnt

04/20/2011 at 08:30 am in Department 16, Rita Miller, Presiding
Exparte proceeding - Granted

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #353 on: April 29, 2011, 02:34:15 PM »

^^ what does it mean ? does it mean he has a case and they can go ahead?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #354 on: April 29, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »

^^ what does it mean ? does it mean he has a case and they can go ahead?

In the United States, the availability of ex parte orders or decrees from both federal and state courts is sharply limited by the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments, which provide that a person shall not be deprived of any interest in liberty or property without due process of law. In practice this has been interpreted to require adequate notice of the request for judicial relief and an opportunity to be heard concerning the merits of such relief. A court order issued on the basis of an ex parte proceeding, therefore, will necessarily be temporary and interim in nature, and the person(s) affected by the order must be given an opportunity to contest the appropriateness of the order before it can be made permanent.

That's what is says on wikipedia, still not entirely sure what it means though.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #355 on: April 29, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »

Ex Parte Order:

Latin meaning "for one party," referring to motions, hearings or orders granted on the request of and for the benefit of one party only. This is an exception to the basic rule of court procedure that both parties must be present at any argument before a judge, and to the otherwise strict rule that an attorney may not notify a judge without previously notifying the opposition. Ex parte matters are usually temporary orders (like a restraining order or temporary custody) pending a formal hearing or an emergency request for a continuance. Most jurisdictions require at least a diligent attempt to contact the other party's lawyer of the time and place of any ex parte hearing.

This may be what it's about -- for some reason.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:46:42 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Annie
« Reply #356 on: May 18, 2011, 12:27:44 PM »

Did you know that Eazy E's manager Jerry Heller gave Irving Azoff his first job. And Mr Heller says in his book RUTHLESS that the Randy Newman song SHORT PEOPLE  was supposedly written about Azoff. Wouldn't it be funny to hear that song played in Rock in Rio? hihi
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #357 on: May 18, 2011, 12:44:28 PM »

Did you know that Eazy E's manager Jerry Heller gave Irving Azoff his first job. And Mr Heller says in his book RUTHLESS that the Randy Newman song SHORT PEOPLE  was supposedly written about Azoff. Wouldn't it be funny to hear that song played in Rock in Rio? hihi

I loved the Paris 92 rant about Warren Beattie and yeah this would be excellent, imagine "If you're a short arse thats cool, but if being short drives you to make up for the lack of inches by being a cnut and there are one or two of you out there, this song is for you..... hihi"

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #358 on: June 07, 2011, 08:09:54 PM »

no news ta say till the court date,and when is that ?

the one an only horsey !
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #359 on: June 07, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »

no news ta say till the court date,and when is that ?

Future Hearings

06/14/2011 at 09:30 am in department 16 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (2) FINAL STATUS CONFERENCE)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: