Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:17:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit  (Read 95612 times)
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »

i dont think axl is gonna win this lawsuit

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2010, 11:08:16 AM »

Why not? I think we can have a fair POV here: its not just because Im a fan, but I think its pretty clear how Azoff has close relationship with a huge "mafia" formed from a monopoly and used his position to try to harm Axl and the current lineup.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2010, 11:45:42 AM »

I remember Eddie Van Halen saying something along the lines of being very dissatisfied with the business side of the music biz, VH as we know is managed by Azoff. Wonder if Azoff is trying to screw them as well.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2010, 01:33:17 PM »

[quote ]

Just wanted to say that a "Demand for jury trial" is absolutely standard. If you do'nt ask for it, you automatically lose the right to have one. In fact, if you ever see a lawsuit that does not have it listed, then you know the lawyer is a dumbass. A jury trial is a right you always want in your back pocket just in case.  Also, most lawsuits (roughly 90 percent) are settled out of court, typically through arbitration or medication, so I suspect that is what will happen here. Plus, it usually allows the terms of the settlement to remain secret, since it's not out in the public eye. Trials are required to be public.
[/quote]

I assume you mean mediation, or perhaps you were right all along and you drug the other side up until they sign away their rights   smoking

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »

I see it going down like this - Hey guys, I got some good shit you may be interested in, meet me outside during the court recess, he he!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2010, 05:18:42 PM »

axl countersuit is vague legally thats the problem..

SLASH
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #266 on: July 25, 2010, 05:35:06 PM »

And where did you attend Law School? Matchbook University? 
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2010, 09:20:29 PM »

hhmm spark up .
seriously,hope axl wins.i would not want to see a friend screwed without kissed first.
but then again axl screwed hhmm sounds sexy ,back to order mind wandering.
but really if axl is right,you know thinking he is true like i know.i would want the truth to be put out there right away about the business.

the one an only horsey !
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »

Do you think that Axl would say something without a back up proof? The guy knows how this game works and he's advised maybe for one, even two, maybe three lawyers (or more) in every "legal step" he takes...

Oh...and "legal world" is not math. You don't need a paper written by Azoff saying "I want to destroy Guns N' Roses" to prove that he wanted to. There are could be actions, behaviours, etc. etc. etc. that could show his intentions...

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2010, 09:59:48 PM »

[quote ]

Just wanted to say that a "Demand for jury trial" is absolutely standard. If you do'nt ask for it, you automatically lose the right to have one. In fact, if you ever see a lawsuit that does not have it listed, then you know the lawyer is a dumbass. A jury trial is a right you always want in your back pocket just in case.  Also, most lawsuits (roughly 90 percent) are settled out of court, typically through arbitration or medication, so I suspect that is what will happen here. Plus, it usually allows the terms of the settlement to remain secret, since it's not out in the public eye. Trials are required to be public.

I assume you mean mediation, or perhaps you were right all along and you drug the other side up until they sign away their rights   smoking
[/quote]

ha, hah, yes, mediation
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2010, 12:33:29 AM »

C'mon you guys, everybody knows that with the right jury you can either prove or disprove the existence of God...this is just my opinion, but based on Azoff's behavior and attitude, I would say he filed suit just to spite Axl for not being open to or agreeing to a $100 million (est.) Old Guns tour.  Axl sueing for $5 mil is just the 'return to sender' by a guy who just got sucker punched by a pussy, and is still standing.  Think about it - these "music industry moguls" do nothing, 'produce' nothing, they are middle men (and sometimes investors) who take a disproportionate cut...and now on top of that you have your Ticketmaster, with all their fees, 'taxing' the live performances.  Leaches.  I hope Axl gets his day in court, and spanks this con-man.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2010, 03:35:29 AM »

I hope Axl burns this asshole and he doesn't settle out of court. That old saying 'if im going down, well im taking you with me'  should be applied here, because it will send out warning signs to potential bands that might of employed Azoff to be their manager, now seeing how he treats bands, they will stear clear of the fucker.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2010, 05:25:30 AM »

Vary true I just want to see the ducker fry already  hihi
He is such a dick I hope he loses everything!!!
It's always managers that fuck things up in the most anoying way right?

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2010, 05:40:12 AM »

Vary true I just want to see the ducker fry already  hihi
He is such a dick I hope he loses everything!!!
It's always managers that fuck things up in the most anoying way right?

Joe

that and ex- wives  *da boom tsh*

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2010, 08:45:41 AM »

And where did you attend Law School? Matchbook University? 
yeah i went to legal school here in my country and also won a scholarship in law philosophy in boston college
at keast im not a red neck living in the middle of nowhere in iceville canada... like you

SLASH
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2010, 08:51:12 AM »

^ Way too much, huh?

C'mon you guys, everybody knows that with the right jury you can either prove or disprove the existence of God...this is just my opinion, but based on Azoff's behavior and attitude, I would say he filed suit just to spite Axl for not being open to or agreeing to a $100 million (est.) Old Guns tour.  Axl sueing for $5 mil is just the 'return to sender' by a guy who just got sucker punched by a pussy, and is still standing.  Think about it - these "music industry moguls" do nothing, 'produce' nothing, they are middle men (and sometimes investors) who take a disproportionate cut...and now on top of that you have your Ticketmaster, with all their fees, 'taxing' the live performances.  Leaches.  I hope Axl gets his day in court, and spanks this con-man.
You said it all. This is exactly how those guys works.

Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »

^ Way too much, huh?

You said it all. This is exactly how those guys works.

& from everything I've heard the way THIS GUY works. Roll Eyes
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2010, 12:52:57 PM »

I am surprised that Axl's attorneys were able to schedule a deposition with Azoff this quickly (and, yes, this is "quick" timing in the high stakes litigation world).  This thing may go further than I would have predicted early on.  Still, I doubt they will actually end up trying this case (enormously expensive and the stakes are not that high for either side).  But who knows: these are two tough, strong personalities that are not used to backing down.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »

I'm not saying that what Azoff is doing is right, but I would like to point out that the fans helped make this bed that they're lying in now. Pearl Jam tried to stand up against all of this as it was forming around 15 years ago and the whole world laughed at them.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/flying_files_in_axl_case_4WYtu3VVXfHlbWht9cO4lN

Files were flying in the messy lawsuit between Axl Rose and Irving Azoff, CEO and majority shareholder of Front Line, which was acquired by Ticketmaster in 2008. During a deposition, court papers recently filed by Rose's lawyer say, Azoff threw a stack of papers at lawyer Skip Miller, ripped off his own microphone and stormed out of the room when questioned about the merger between Ticketmaster and Live Nation and how it would concentrate power in the music industry. In March, Azoff sued Rose, claiming that he owed 15 percent of the earnings from a Guns N' Roses reunion tour. Rose says Azoff used his power to "bully him . . . to reuinite with the original members of Guns N' Roses for a reunion tour by purposefully neglecting and failing to market and promote" the band's first album in 15 years, "Chinese Democracy," but with new members apart from Rose, papers filed in LA Superior Court say.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/flying_files_in_axl_case_4WYtu3VVXfHlbWht9cO4lN#ixzz0vUca7Iea

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: