Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:22:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit  (Read 95637 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2010, 04:32:24 PM »

You guys should no better than to go against Axl or just simply say that you disagree.  There is none of that here.  You either suck Axl's dick, or you shut up!   Roll Eyes

Yeah, you can make up your own rules Jarmo, but seriously, how much of Axl's cum have you swallowed?

And on that, I'm out!!

A true GNR fan, but not one to suck anyone's dick.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2010, 04:34:39 PM »

Translation: "Look at me, watch how tough I am with this internet thing".

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2010, 04:44:37 PM »

You guys should no better than to go against Axl or just simply say that you disagree.  There is none of that here.  You either suck Axl's dick, or you shut up!   Roll Eyes

Bye!

You either support the band or you shut the fuck up. Easy.

Seems like only insecure people will make that kind of comparisons.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »

Well, I want to be able to read both sides of the arguement before I say too much more. The Papers lodged by Azoff would surely make for interesting reading, It seems they were lodged in the Superior Court of California,
which can be searched here: https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/onlineservices/civilimages/index.asp

(Posted Friday, March 26) "On Thursday, Front Line filed a lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming that Rose and GNR owe the company more than $1.8 million under their management agreement.  The suit also asks for a full accounting of Rose to determine what other funds Front Line might be owed."

I'd do it myself, but it seems you must be a U.S citizen to sign up there  Undecided

I looked at the case summary at the L.A. County Superior Court site and it looks to me anyway, to be pretty standard stuff at this point.  There have been some documents filed and there is a future hearing set for the middle of July.

I saw a "demand for jury trial" -- that could be very interesting. yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2010, 10:26:21 AM »

A jury trial oh no why do I get the feeling Irving is gonna end up bribeing someone from the jury?
O yeah because he is a dirty no good double crossing fuck face!!!

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #245 on: May 26, 2010, 10:30:15 AM »

shit jury trial... good luck finding an impartial jury.. lets hope they are GNR fans!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #246 on: May 26, 2010, 10:33:22 AM »

shit jury trial... good luck finding an impartial jury.. lets hope they are GNR fans!
Atually in a way its a wild card always a chance we could end up with someone who really needs money or someone who has some integrity.

Its gonna be real intersting depending on which cards are drawn from the deck.

Joe

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2010, 11:01:45 AM »

Ha! They're not going to any jury trial. This will get settled out of court when both sides decide it's not worth it and drop the suits.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #248 on: May 27, 2010, 09:16:08 PM »

Hopefully Axl stands true to his suit on his end, he was definitely misrepresented by someone he hired and trusted to guide he and his music down the right path, what should have been a common goal between the two unfortunately ended up one sided.  How is it possible to have a balance owing to a man who tried to do nothing but sabotage you and basically went completely against the grain regarding your said agreement.  Sounds as if Azolf is very, very greedy indeed and sets out to please only himself regardless of his professional agreements.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2010, 12:40:32 AM »

the truth always lies somewhere in the middle...I think it will settle or both parties will simply voluntarily dismiss their cases. Tongue

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2010, 04:09:24 AM »

the truth always lies somewhere in the middle...I think it will settle or both parties will simply voluntarily dismiss their cases. Tongue
the truth does not always lie somewhere in the middle.. let's play with that logic.. if someone says that i'm gay and i respond that "no, i'm straight", if the truth would be somewhere in the middle then i'd be bisexual

sorry, does not work that way Tongue
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #251 on: May 28, 2010, 09:57:46 AM »

the truth does not always lie somewhere in the middle.. let's play with that logic.. if someone says that i'm gay and i respond that "no, i'm straight", if the truth would be somewhere in the middle then i'd be bisexual

Yes, but I'd say this situation is a little more complicated than "gay, straight, or bisexual"

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #252 on: May 29, 2010, 11:41:15 PM »

I think it's very unlikely that they're going on a court to decide this.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2010, 12:23:14 AM »

ok.....nice try, but we are talking bullshit, legal shenanigans....not the ol' in-out as famously done by Malcolm McDowell. Sometimes there is no truth...just opposing points of views. I read Axl's Countersuit and Answer thoroughly. It was interesting stuff. However, Azoff will have his retorts....that's how it works in the good ol' sue happy USA. Angry
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:27:12 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2010, 02:04:07 PM »

From Crawdaddy! Magazine regarding the lawsuit against Axl:

The case has an incestuous bent to it in that Ticketmaster was the primary agent for the shows in question, at least in Canada and South America (hard to get good free info out of Southeast Asia). Ticketmaster, thanks in part to the Live Nation merger, happens to own a majority share in Front Line.  So the corporation that made millions off GnR tours overseas is suing for an additional 15% of the receipts for managing the act they were selling tickets for.  I get that the planet is now basically a corporate conglomerate entity, but that just seems wrong.  What credit default swaps were to the US housing market, Ticketmaster/Live Nation, and Front Line are to the rock and roll business?you hear that Bono?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2010, 10:45:01 PM »

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose lawsuit gets off to a touchy start

From wire service reports

Posted: 07/23/2010

Dueling lawsuits involving Guns N' Roses front man Axl Rose and his former manager began on a sour note, so a judge said today she may appoint a third party help them strike a more pleasant chord.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Rita Miller blamed attorneys for Rose and Irving Azoff for problems during a recent deposition that Azoff's attorneys suspended before it was over.

Rose's lawyer, Sasha Frid, said the questions he asked got Azoff so upset that the manager threw a copy of the Wall Street Journal at the attorney.

Azoff's counsel, Steve Rothschild, said he was present at the deposition and denies that happened.

"It sounds like you guys are going to be in a knockdown, dragged out war," Miller said. "If both sides take extreme positions, it ends up costing both sides a ton of money."

Miller said she will wait and see if the lawyers can resolve their differences before she appoints a referee, a move supported by Azoff's legal team, but opposed by Rose's lawyers as too costly.

"You guys can try and fix this thing before it becomes a nightmare for all concerned," Miller said.

Azoff sued Rose March 25, claiming the musician owes his company, Front Line Management, more than $1.8 million and broke a verbal agreement to pay the company a 15 percent commission for performances by the band in Taipei, Seoul, Japan, Canada and South America.

Axl countersued May 17, claiming the manager tried to force him to reunite with the original Guns N' Roses band members and failed to properly promote the band's "Chinese Democracy" CD. The suit also claims Azoff lied about a prospective Van Halen super tour and mishandled the band's tour dates.

The countersuit refers to the U.S. Justice Department's recent antitrust lawsuit that sought to stop Ticketmaster and Live Nation from merging over concerns the new entity would have too much control over artists and venues. Afterwards, Ticketmaster entered into a consent decree with government regulators that allowed the merger to go forward under certain operating provisions.

Rothschild said Azoff's deposition was suspended after Frid began asking the manager questions about his role as chairman of Ticketmaster and Live Nation after the 2008 merger of the companies and Ticketmaster's acquisition of a majority share of Front Line.

Rothschild said the questions were not relevant, were designed to harass his client and that the final straw was when Frid gave a copy of the Wall Street Journal to Azoff and asked him about his stature in the music industry.

But Frid said the inquiries were an attempt to probe whether Azoff has any conflicts of interest in promoting tours while also managing artists.

Miller set trial for April 26.

http://www.presstelegram.com/breakingnews/ci_15587089

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #256 on: July 24, 2010, 11:56:28 PM »

I can't wait till Axl wins if Irving keeps shit like that up he will end up in contept of court.
Just want it to end so we can get back to the music like I am sure Axl wants.

Joe

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2010, 04:30:07 AM »

I can't wait till Axl wins if Irving keeps shit like that up he will end up in contept of court.
Just want it to end so we can get back to the music like I am sure Axl wants.

Joe

I'm more enthused about the impact on musicians as a whole and their freedom to trade without their craft and talent being exploited by sharp practises within the ivory towers of the "management"

Too many have their hands on the money pot, if they want it, they should earn it, instead they hide behind restrictive practises and over-priced service charges, without any option to shop else where.

Go Axl, make the industry "shut up and sing"  ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2010, 05:39:32 AM »

to use the words of great Axl,  Don't  you try and stop us now!
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2010, 10:01:04 AM »

Well, I want to be able to read both sides of the arguement before I say too much more. The Papers lodged by Azoff would surely make for interesting reading, It seems they were lodged in the Superior Court of California,
which can be searched here: https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/onlineservices/civilimages/index.asp

(Posted Friday, March 26) "On Thursday, Front Line filed a lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming that Rose and GNR owe the company more than $1.8 million under their management agreement.  The suit also asks for a full accounting of Rose to determine what other funds Front Line might be owed."

I'd do it myself, but it seems you must be a U.S citizen to sign up there  Undecided

I looked at the case summary at the L.A. County Superior Court site and it looks to me anyway, to be pretty standard stuff at this point.  There have been some documents filed and there is a future hearing set for the middle of July.

I saw a "demand for jury trial" -- that could be very interesting. yes

Just wanted to say that a "Demand for jury trial" is absolutely standard. If you do'nt ask for it, you automatically lose the right to have one. In fact, if you ever see a lawsuit that does not have it listed, then you know the lawyer is a dumbass. A jury trial is a right you always want in your back pocket just in case.  Also, most lawsuits (roughly 90 percent) are settled out of court, typically through arbitration or medication, so I suspect that is what will happen here. Plus, it usually allows the terms of the settlement to remain secret, since it's not out in the public eye. Trials are required to be public.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: