Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:03:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit  (Read 95541 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »

A reunion would be huge if done properly.  and it would make more money than any current tour or album.
i think people are underestimating the potential of a reunion.
I think people are overestimating it.  Greatly!  The world simply isn't waiting with baited breath for a reunion of the AFD/UYI era GNR.  Would it be big?  No doubt, but this isn't Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, or The Beatles like some people make it out to be.  Especially after all that has taken place.

no offense dude but it drives me absolutely nuts when people make statements like this. as if u have polled every person in the universe and somehow know so unequivocally that people aren't waiting.

If  u go by other bands that have reunited, Van Halen, Motley, STP, Police, hell even new kids on the block all had huge tours. to suggest people wouldn't be interested is simply towing the company line imo.

i don't want a reunion unless its real but lets don't act like it would go the way of Creed or be some tiny blip on the screen. that is just ridiculous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2010, 03:51:48 PM »

This is a funny thread. FYI: I was just replying to a question someone asked and added a quick thought with it. Anyway, "R" probably never will happen. I've seen both the old band and the new band twice each, and have purchased followed everyone, old and new because they all make good music. But whatever anyone does, NO NOT USE THE "R" WORD!!!! NO!!!! FYI: censorship is truly one of the greatest forms of flattery.      ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »

Censorship....

Nobody likes to be told what to do.

But that's life.

You're a kid, your parents tell you what to do, maybe your teacher does too. You grow up, your boss tells you what to do, maybe you have the police telling you it's not ok to do what you're doing, maybe your wife/husband, maybe your parents never stopped telling you what to do...

That's life.

You come to a message board and expect to be able to get away with anything you want, because your dad/mom/older sibling/wife/husband/teacher/the police isn't here.

Not very likely. Sorry!

I have no aspirations of being a baby sitter to some of you, but sometimes I do what I have to do.

That's life. Deal with it.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »

pretty much sums it up 4 ya's.
someone's gotta get the blame '
it's a hard job but well done.

the one an only horsey !
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2010, 05:24:20 PM »

I think what Axl is doing is definitely commendable, really ballsy, and justifiable given what was shared.   I do hope it all gets settled quickly between the parties legal teams.  The biggest concern seems to be how the lawsuit may effect touring "Chinese" in the US.  It seems like Irving controls it all from the tickets, to the venues, to the concert promotion.

I know someone mentioned Pearl Jam was able to do it without CC/ticketmaster but I know that was not succesful and in the end they had to succumb to the corporate monsters.  Hopefully Irving AssHole won't be a dick and mess with how a tour could take place in the US but given the little we know, it seems like he would relish in fucking with Axl/Gn'R anyway possible.  It would be so sad not to be able to see Gn'R stateside as the US is Gn'R's home and the shows are so killer.  To deprive millions of americans from the chance to see this band play "Chinese" along with "Appetite" would be downright criminal.  Do you think maybe we could get some assurance from somewhere, anywhere, anyone that a tour can still happen in the US?  Frank stated that the fall was most likely but now?Huh is something in the works???

I also don't get how Gn'R supposedly lost money on the Canadian leg of the tour.  The venues were basically sold out and the tickets weren't cheap.  I know the show is a large spectacle that is really expensive but still with sold out venues/merch/etc. how is it possible to lose cash...and those Pollstar threads were all encouraging that the shows were doing great.  What I feel ok about is that the Canadian shows were all through Live Nation/Ticketmaster so maybe there is no issues moving forward with shows in the US.  I guess I am just panicking now as I was waiting and counting on seeing the best fucking band in the world back here in the USA....Hope everything works out for you Axl!! We have your back...today, tommorrow, forever....

peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2010, 05:36:27 PM »

I think what Axl is doing is definitely commendable, really ballsy, and justifiable given what was shared.   I do hope it all gets settled quickly between the parties legal teams.  The biggest concern seems to be how the lawsuit may effect touring "Chinese" in the US.  It seems like Irving controls it all from the tickets, to the venues, to the concert promotion.

I know someone mentioned Pearl Jam was able to do it without CC/ticketmaster but I know that was not succesful and in the end they had to succumb to the corporate monsters.  Hopefully Irving AssHole won't be a dick and mess with how a tour could take place in the US but given the little we know, it seems like he would relish in fucking with Axl/Gn'R anyway possible.  It would be so sad not to be able to see Gn'R stateside as the US is Gn'R's home and the shows are so killer.  To deprive millions of americans from the chance to see this band play "Chinese" along with "Appetite" would be downright criminal.  Do you think maybe we could get some assurance from somewhere, anywhere, anyone that a tour can still happen in the US?  Frank stated that the fall was most likely but now?Huh is something in the works???

I also don't get how Gn'R supposedly lost money on the Canadian leg of the tour.  The venues were basically sold out and the tickets weren't cheap.  I know the show is a large spectacle that is really expensive but still with sold out venues/merch/etc. how is it possible to lose cash...and those Pollstar threads were all encouraging that the shows were doing great.  What I feel ok about is that the Canadian shows were all through Live Nation/Ticketmaster so maybe there is no issues moving forward with shows in the US.  I guess I am just panicking now as I was waiting and counting on seeing the best fucking band in the world back here in the USA....Hope everything works out for you Axl!! We have your back...today, tommorrow, forever....

peace

rehearsals.. u have to rent space, pay the players, rent equipment, rent trucks, the stage was massive and they had what 18 trucks or something? U have to pay the crew members, drivers, video/sound people, rent the arenas, pay overtime, travel, hotel

taxes dont forget the insurance and with Axl's rep, he probably i would assume pays a higher premium than most.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2010, 05:39:28 PM »

I have no interest in welcoming the "old band fans" here. And don't try to make any smart ass remarks about how I hate GN'R fans or something silly, because everybody knows what group of people I'm talking about.

/jarmo

My last comment, and I'll move on.

Isn't this a GUNS N' ROSES board, new and old?

Shouldn't matter if Alex likes old and I like new?

Also, it was directed at jak0lantern01 if I'm not mistaken?

Done.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2010, 05:41:54 PM »

Isn't this a GUNS N' ROSES board, new and old?

Jeez. How many times do I need to keep repeating this?

It matters.

If you like the current band and support them, great. Welcome!

If not, go somewhere else.

Easy.

I bet this isn't the last time I need to explain this simple thing.

To me it is common sense. You go to a GN'R site in 2010 because you like GN'R in 2010. Not because you liked GN'R in 1987. If nostalgia is your thing, you might be in the wrong place.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:44:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2010, 05:53:22 PM »

peace

rehearsals.. u have to rent space, pay the players, rent equipment, rent trucks, the stage was massive and they had what 18 trucks or something? U have to pay the crew members, drivers, video/sound people, rent the arenas, pay overtime, travel, hotel

taxes dont forget the insurance and with Axl's rep, he probably i would assume pays a higher premium than most.

I get all of that but don't you factor all of that in when you prepare to go on the road and tour.  All of that shit is should be worked out in advance so you know if you sell this many tickets at this particular price that it will cover "X" costs and allow for money to be made.  That is why there are production accountants and finance people crunching numbers to see where you have to be to make money.  I could understand if they just were not selling tickets but for the most part they were close to selling out all the venues.    Again, if they cannot make money on basically sold out concerts then something or someone is not doing their job...So Axl, if you need a qualified CPA for your team, I would be your man...I would honor the privilege... peace 
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2010, 05:55:01 PM »

I think it is more about liking the band in general, not segmenting it into eras and such. There's distinct differences, without a doubt. But I came here cause I like the band period. Not cause I like GNR 2010 etc.
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »

Maybe it's time for someone to create the www.hereyesterdaygonetohell.com/board...

rofl

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2010, 06:14:41 PM »

I think it is more about liking the band in general, not segmenting it into eras and such. There's distinct differences, without a doubt. But I came here cause I like the band period. Not cause I like GNR 2010 etc.

What happened to the previous post being your last?

It's very simple. I explained it.

You still question it. I guess because I said it.

not segmenting it into eras and such.

Oh. How quickly you changed:

First you post about old vs new, I explain myself and then you say it's not about eras. Right.

Maybe it's my lack of humor or the fact that I'm European. I don't get what's so unclear about what I said.

If you don't think today's GN'R is awesome, go elsewhere. Easy. Is that clear enough or am I hurting your feelings now?

If you want me to explain it to you again, send me a PM along with your complaints about how I choose to run the site.

Or maybe you're gonna make a few more last comments on this off topic discussion you like to have every now and then?

That seems to be the kind of "fun" you like to have here nowadays..... No matter how many times you're told to stop going off topic, you still go on and on and on.

And when I waste my time trying to explain shit to you, I'm the asshole. I take time to explain the same shit over and over to the same people, and I'm the asshole.....  Smiley

How many times do you (the ones who still question me) think I should repeat myself? What's a fair number? When is it ok to actually think that people should start getting it? Maybe all those who get offended could tell me. For how many years do you need to repeat something for people to get it? Maybe I have some time to go before I reach that magic number? Somebody please enlighten me.  Tongue

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 06:25:12 PM by jarmo » Logged

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2010, 06:33:39 PM »

peace

I get all of that but don't you factor all of that in when you prepare to go on the road and tour.  All of that shit is should be worked out in advance so you know if you sell this many tickets at this particular price that it will cover "X" costs and allow for money to be made.  That is why there are production accountants and finance people crunching numbers to see where you have to be to make money.  I could understand if they just were not selling tickets but for the most part they were close to selling out all the venues.    Again, if they cannot make money on basically sold out concerts then something or someone is not doing their job...So Axl, if you need a qualified CPA for your team, I would be your man...I would honor the privilege... peace 

Well I think that is part of the reason Axl is counter suing Irving (because of the losses the tour encountered). In the legal papers it says that Irving didn't carry out his duties when it came to all the stuff you mentioned and that Axl had to get it all done at the last minute causing everything to be more expensive etc. At least that is what I gathered from the papers....
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »

I continue to discuss here, because with you attacking me in public -- I feel the right and need to defend myself. Attempting to push me away and get rid of me won't work -- I won't leave cause I enjoy it here (for the most part).

Where did I change my view? This is a GNR website in general. Like I said, shouldn't matter who likes what as I said in my example -- one person can like the old, another can like the new band. It shouldn't matter, this is a GNR board. I'm a fan in general, not of one era or another.

I don't think it is off topic too far, being that this started over the reunion stuff. Unless I'm mistaken, that is a new v. old discussion -- no? Axl claimed Azoff tried to get a reunion to take place (old v. new) right? Just making sure we're on the same page.

As long as you continue to pick apart the things I say in public, I'll respond here.

And I don't think fun is allowed here anymore? I don't have fun, I just come here for some GNR news and to chat about various things.

The ability to have fun left in 2006, but I accepted that and I just do my business and post my opinions when I see something that perks my interest.

But like you said, send me a PM and we'll discuss it rather than "wasting valuable space" here.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »

A reunion would be huge if done properly.  and it would make more money than any current tour or album.
i think people are underestimating the potential of a reunion.
I think people are overestimating it.  Greatly!  The world simply isn't waiting with baited breath for a reunion of the AFD/UYI era GNR.  Would it be big?  No doubt, but this isn't Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, or The Beatles like some people make it out to be.  Especially after all that has taken place.

no offense dude but it drives me absolutely nuts when people make statements like this. as if u have polled every person in the universe and somehow know so unequivocally that people aren't waiting.

If  u go by other bands that have reunited, Van Halen, Motley, STP, Police, hell even new kids on the block all had huge tours. to suggest people wouldn't be interested is simply towing the company line imo.

i don't want a reunion unless its real but lets don't act like it would go the way of Creed or be some tiny blip on the screen. that is just ridiculous.
Hey, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.  Never did I say a GNR reunion wouldn't be big, or wouldn't be as big as a Spice Girls or NKOTB reunion.  I simply said I don't think it'd be AS big as some people make it out to be.  And no I haven't polled everyone in the universe, have you?  You get back to me when you get the results to tell me I'm wrong.  Until then, I'm going to hold onto my opinion.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2010, 07:06:10 PM »

Well I think that is part of the reason Axl is counter suing Irving (because of the losses the tour encountered). In the legal papers it says that Irving didn't carry out his duties when it came to all the stuff you mentioned and that Axl had to get it all done at the last minute causing everything to be more expensive etc. At least that is what I gathered from the papers....
That's what I got too.

Seems like Axl and the band did everything as possible to honor the tour dates even with this mess. People should remember that the next time they say some show is cancelled for no reason.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2010, 07:41:07 PM »

This is a GNR website in general. Like I said, shouldn't matter who likes what as I said in my example -- one person can like the old, another can like the new band. It shouldn't matter, this is a GNR board. I'm a fan in general, not of one era or another.

Fucking hell. I don't know what to say.... What I'm about to say is basically what I've said the last few posts. But it just doesn't seem to register.... Apologies to those who do get it.

It matters a whole lot if somebody comes here saying they're a GN'R fan only post shit about Dj, Bumblefoot or any other current band member and/or the current band.

Why can't you get that?

Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that this isn't the kind of place where you have to feel afraid of actually saying that you love GN'R today?

I have explained to you how this place works. I have explained the "policy" we have. Why can't you accept it instead of going on and on about how it doesn't matter what you like?

You're right. It shouldn't matter. But it does.

Because the only thing I care about if you come here is that I EXPECT you to be a fan of GN'R as it is today. I don't care if you liked the band in 1987, 1991 or any other previous year. It's pretty irrelevant to me.

Oh, by the way, the only thing I expect from anybody here is that I expect them to be supportive and a fan of the current band.

/jarmo

PS If you're reading this and/or posting here, I hope you're a fan of GN'R. You know those guys who have been playing live all over the world since last December (2009): Axl, Tommy, Ron, Richard, Dj, Dizzy, Chris and Frank.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:43:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »

take it to pm.
Annie
« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2010, 07:44:21 PM »

This whole thing makes me so sad. Just another example of corporate greed and incompetence just like the oil spill in the gulf. Chinese Democracy deserved a mega-promotion. I still play that CD all the time.

Edit This is in reference to Azoff and not Jarmo. ok
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:46:42 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »

take it to pm.

Tell your buddy who's been making last comments for a few hours now.  ok

While you're at it, send him a PM explaining how it matters what kind of a fan you are, even though it shouldn't.

Smiley

Maybe we should have a vote? I mean, is it that unclear what I'm saying to most of you or is it just one guy who seems to have a natural reflex to object to most things I say?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:47:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: