Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:20:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit  (Read 95626 times)
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2010, 01:47:09 AM »

i dont think a reunion would as big as you think...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2010, 03:09:31 AM »

well reunion woulkd have  great commercial sucess,but on the other hand grn would lost soul...Reunion would be "money" stuff and nothing more
Axl and new guys do right job,and people like it...New gnr have a great commercial success,maybe not like old but these guys know that do right thing

I can not imagine Axl and Slash together on the stage
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2010, 03:14:19 AM »

fuck a bullshit reunion.

can't reunite a band thats already active and touring.

Axl doesn't need anyone other than the guys in the band now.   Stick to your Guns Axl and lets hope this all works out for him and GnR.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2010, 03:17:58 AM »

fuck a bullshit reunion.

can't reunite a band thats already active and touring.

Axl doesn't need anyone other than the guys in the band now.   Stick to your Guns Axl and lets hope this all works out for him and GnR.
ok
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2010, 03:50:47 AM »

A reunion would be huge if done properly.  and it would make more money than any current tour or album.
i think people are underestimating the potential of a reunion.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2010, 04:37:51 AM »

A reunion would be huge if done properly.  and it would make more money than any current tour or album.

Axl obviously doesn't pay any mind to it.   The fact that some of you are still discussing this is 2010 is beyond stupid.
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2010, 05:37:47 AM »

Reunions are cool, if done for the right reasons. A reunion just to cash in would be just lame. Axl and Slash can't get along, so why force yourself to a reunion just for the money? That would make me loose respect for the original 5 alltogether...

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2010, 05:45:37 AM »

Axl obviously doesn't pay any mind to it.   The fact that some of you are still discussing this is 2010 is beyond stupid.

i don't agree.  people are dicussing it cos Axl is basically admitting his previous management/staff were more interesting in a reunion than promoting the album he spent years working on.

Not to mention that Scott Weiland was always paranoid about a reunion and suggested that it almost happened.  its clearly still an issue that surrounds them all.

I dont want a reunion and i know Axl will never have it, but it seems to be the main motivation of the businessmen and you can't be successful without their backing.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2010, 08:16:21 AM »

Axl seems to have done pretty well so far "business" wise so I guess that proves your theory wrong. hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2010, 08:45:20 AM »

Reunions are cool, if done for the right reasons. A reunion just to cash in would be just lame. Axl and Slash can't get along, so why force yourself to a reunion just for the money? That would make me loose respect for the original 5 alltogether...
Agree. People would lose respect, it would be like the Sex Pistols reunion. Im sure the same media who always bitch about the lack of original members would also bitch about a cash-in reunion.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2010, 09:08:18 AM »

Axl seems to have done pretty well so far "business" wise so I guess that proves your theory wrong. hihi

That was awhile back now though. 
CD sold reasonably well enough but it cost a lot to make too.  And there is reports that they've lost money on the current tour.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2010, 10:20:19 AM »

And there is reports that they've lost money on the current tour.

Could you post said reports?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2010, 10:22:29 AM »

And there is reports that they've lost money on the current tour.

Could you post said reports?

As per the infamous court document that isn't allowed to be posted here...

Additionally, the Canada concert dates were set up by Azoff intentionally without any planning, marketing or promotions so that the band would lose money. The band lost $700,000 on those dates alone. As a result of Azoff s terrible planning, self-dealing, lies and deception and last minute desertion, the band incurred millions of dollars in losses.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2010, 10:51:55 AM »

I think people are overestimating it.  Greatly!  The world simply isn't waiting with baited breath for a reunion of the AFD/UYI era GNR.  Would it be big?  No doubt, but this isn't Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, or The Beatles like some people make it out to be.  Especially after all that has taken place.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2010, 11:00:51 AM »

A reunion would only mean something to die hard fans JMO. But Azoff must think he could have made millions with one. I hope Axl can win this thing. But the asshole he is fighting can keep him tied up in court for years.
Gracie2006
Headliner

« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2010, 11:08:04 AM »

Do we really want Slash playing I.R.S or Better?Huh  No!!!! Its like missing a girl you dated 17 years ago. Move on and enjoy the present.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2010, 11:12:20 AM »

Do we really want Slash playing I.R.S or Better?Huh  No!!!! Its like missing a girl you dated 17 years ago. Move on and enjoy the present.
well said!

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2010, 11:31:56 AM »

A reunion would only mean something to die hard fans JMO.

I would change this to say "A reunion would only mean something to certain die hard fans" but I do agree with what you're saying.

This goes along with my previous statement about the type of new generation of fans (and their $$$) that Dj draws to GNR.

P.S.  And for the record, I'm not saying anything against Ashba being in the band.  On the contrary, I think that having Dj in the band is an excellent move!  Not only is he talented, he also draws in the young goth crowd $$$ and once inside, Axl will have them mesmerized and keep them (as he does us) coming back for more!!!

P.P.S.  azoff is a dickhead     

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2010, 11:38:08 AM »

A reunion would only mean something to die hard fans JMO.

I would change this to say "A reunion would only mean something to certain die hard fans" but I do agree with what you're saying.

This goes along with my previous statement about the type of new generation of fans (and their $$$) that Dj draws to GNR.

P.S.  And for the record, I'm not saying anything against Ashba being in the band.  On the contrary, I think that having Dj in the band is an excellent move!  Not only is he talented, he also draws in the young goth crowd $$$ and once inside, Axl will have them mesmerized and keep them (as he does us) coming back for more!!!

P.P.S.  azoff is a dickhead    

reunion for me would be disgusting. after all the things they had said about each other, reuniting and acting like they are a band would be an insult to my intelligence.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2010, 11:49:17 AM »

Promoters (and ex-managers!) seem to think that an "original line-up" reunion would do very big business, especially in the US.
The main reason they salivate at the idea is that nostalgia tours that cater to an older audience can charge very high ticket prices and make lots of money off these so-called VIP packages.  If you think about it, the core GnR fanatic around Appetite's release was, what, a 15 to 18 year-old kid.  That makes him or her a late 30's early 40-ish man/woman today.  That is a great demographic for promoters because people that age tend to have professions, have more disposal income, are are willing to pay $125 - $250 for a ticket, or much more.  So, IF you can get this demographic to go to the shows, you can generate a lot more money per attendee than your typical 15 to 20 year-old.

So, the great potential appeal for a promoter is not just that an "original" line-up sells more tickets (which it would), but, importantly, you can price tickets a lot higher and capture a bigger proportion of VIP / "premium ticket" packages with this older crowd.   That's exactly what makes tours by the reunited Police, Eagles,  Madonna, Stones, etc. so enticing for promoters.  Look at the prices for Roger Waters' tour of The Wall live right now -- the entire floor and much of the lower arena seating is at $200- to-$270 a ticket, and the VIP ticket packages are $500 - $700 a ticket.  And the tickets are selling like hot cakes:  he has already sold out 3 shows in New York (4 total so far),  2 shows sold out in Chicago (with more on sale), 3 in LA (4 total so far), etc.  Why?  Partly because the Pink Floyd audience is an older audience, with a lot more money than the Green Day audience.

But, good for Axl for sticking to his guns (no pun, intended).  There aren't a lot of musicians left in the business who do things based on principles, rather than worshipping the almighty dollar.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: