Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:02:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit  (Read 95535 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2010, 09:17:34 PM »

Just out of curiosity does anyone know which arenas are controlled by Livenation in the Tri-state area? I'm pretty sure that the new Meadowlands Stadium is, but PNC Arts Center probably not. Axl could do a tour in that type of venue if it's not controlled by LiveNation/Ticketmaster.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2010, 09:28:10 PM »

So Axl didn't consent to the streaming of the album.  I always thought that was a mistake, I know it's done all the time now, but Chinese Democracy was different.

Interesting stuff.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2010, 09:41:21 PM »

yeah i never understood why u would take an album with so much mystique and legend and anticipation and just let people hear it for free on Myspace

guarantee they cost at least 100,000 sales doing that cause u lost out on the curiosity factor that would've sold the album.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2010, 09:56:34 PM »

I read over the fine print of the coutnersuit today and it sure does explain a lot of things.  From the rumored tour with VH, to the band rehearsals which resulted in no tour, to how CD was mishandled. 

Of course there are two sides to every story and I'm sure Azoff has some conflicting reports.  But everything Axl is claiming sure seems feasible to me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2010, 10:08:43 PM »

I'm also wondering if this is what Scott Weiland meant when he said that Slash and Duff came close to dotting the i's and crossing the t's for a GNR reunion. Was Azoff talking with Slash and Duff during this time period?
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2010, 10:22:02 PM »

While I'm sure it's due mostly to legal issues, as of 9:20 p.m. CST on 5/19/10 "Axl Rose" is the #1 trending topic on Yahoo's homepage.  Well done, Axl!  beer

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2010, 10:22:18 PM »

I'm also wondering if this is what Scott Weiland meant when he said that Slash and Duff came close to dotting the i's and crossing the t's for a GNR reunion. Was Azoff talking with Slash and Duff during this time period?
Didn't Azoff manage VR for awhile or am I imagining that?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Annie
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2010, 10:46:23 PM »

I am behind Axl 1000%. I said I thought putting IF HE WORLD in Body Of Lies was a poor business decision. He wanted NUGNR to fail because all he could see was $$$ for a reunion tour. Axl is Dean Winchester to Azoff's demons! ok You go AXL!!!!!

I gotta say... hell no.. putting songs out there by anymeans is promotion.. perhaps not the best but it's something.

Shackler's, if the world, chinese, better.    these songs have been released on or movies/games/albums/singles... so it counts.
It counts, but it was not the type of movie to showcase a new GNR song. I don't think alot 0f 16-25 year olds were going to see that movie.
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2010, 12:25:15 AM »

http://www.yahoo.com/

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2010, 12:48:41 AM »

Nothing there but the regular Yahoo! headlines, no mention of the story for me?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2010, 12:50:45 AM »

Nothing there but the regular Yahoo! headlines, no mention of the story for me?

axl is a trending topic. a post saying axl is a trending topic @ yahoo.com would have been better to post.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2010, 01:09:27 AM »

Didn't Azoff manage VR for awhile or am I imagining that?

U are correct

reading the countersuit, i def think Axl wins this and maybe he can be the artist to start the anti trust thing up and be the guy out front with it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2010, 01:35:05 AM »

I seriously think that Robin... QUIT of GNR, because of this demon

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2010, 04:50:30 AM »

i know everyone is pissed at Azoff right now, and rightfully so.  But you have to remember that music is a business and businessmen want money.

Axl will always find it hard to find a manager that doesn't secretly want a reunion.  Its just too lucrative for a businessman not to want.  Don't be surprised at all if Doc has the same agenda.  Wasn't it Doc that convinced Motley to bring back Vince?

My point is that any manager would drop the rest of the band if a reunion was on the cards.  Not all managers would try to force it like Azoff has but they would all jump at the chance if possible.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
suicide
VIP

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2010, 05:18:28 AM »

Where can I read the countersuit?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2010, 05:33:10 AM »

Where can I read the countersuit?

First day using a computer?  Roll Eyes

The World Wide Web is your friend.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2010, 06:25:55 AM »

I was thinking about that as well, azoff was pushing axl to get a new guitarist.. first step of breaking up the band
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2010, 06:55:44 AM »

I was thinking about that as well, azoff was pushing axl to get a new guitarist.. first step of breaking up the band

Azoff was formally announced on March 27, 2008.  Robin was formally announced in NIN on April 4, 2008 and he blindsided GNR with his leaving.  So unless Robin also had a secret hatred for Azoff, I think the timing makes it highly unlikely that there's any connection to the two.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2010, 07:04:05 AM »

Azoff was formally announced on March 27, 2008.  Robin was formally announced in NIN on April 4, 2008 and he blindsided GNR with his leaving.  So unless Robin also had a secret hatred for Azoff, I think the timing makes it highly unlikely that there's any connection to the two.
just because robin was "formally announced" in NIN doesn't mean he had quit GNR at that point.. that year was all about getting the record out and there were no plans of touring and all of robin's recording has been done. they didn't look for a new GNR player until there were "plans" of touring which there never really was according to axl. the connection is the time of "plans" for touring and the time ashba was announced.. not when robin joined NIN and azoff got the job through lies

you're actually defending azoff against robin, wow
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:14:36 AM by CheapJon » Logged
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2010, 07:27:26 AM »

Please, can someone give me some explanations... when Azof became gnr menager?when and why Axl fired him?who is gnr menager now
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: