Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:59:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit  (Read 95527 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »

it can be done
pearl jam did it with clear channel in like 2001

I dont think Axl/CC have a great relationship after 2002
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2010, 11:56:10 AM »

I'm pretty sure Live Nation is what Clear Channel's concert promotion unit became. They're one and the same now.

By god, you're right... How did I forget about that... Although I think his point there may be another promoter... Personally I dont think it looks great
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2010, 11:56:49 AM »

it can be done
pearl jam did it with clear channel in like 2001

I'm pretty sure Live Nation is what Clear Channel's concert promotion unit became. They're one and the same now.

Basically yes they are one in the same, they could go with AEG like I said before though. They are a pretty big promoter as well.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »

Europe is the next Malibu, Axl!

Re-Union time, baby!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2010, 12:51:53 PM »

"favorable touring deals"....."uses his power to punish artists and harm their careers if they don't follow his orders"....."sabotage Rose and his new band so that Rose would have no option but to reunite."

How can you prove any of the above? How does Axl know about Azoff's dealings with other bands? Rumours, hearsay? That's all it is. It's not the bases for a lawsuit of this size.

I don't think you can say this without knowing what evidence they have -- e.g. e-mails, letters, documents, witnesses who knows.

This is the same law firm/attorney that threated to sue Aerosmith if they tried to replace Steven Tyler.  I'm sure they understand hearsay evidence. Smiley

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:53:35 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 12:54:27 PM »

I like how this exact same thread is only 4 pages here, but 20 something at other boards. All the unwanted fat has been cut down.
Very cool. beer

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2010, 12:56:03 PM »

"favorable touring deals"....."uses his power to punish artists and harm their careers if they don't follow his orders"....."sabotage Rose and his new band so that Rose would have no option but to reunite."

How can you prove any of the above? How does Axl know about Azoff's dealings with other bands? Rumours, hearsay? That's all it is. It's not the bases for a lawsuit of this size.

You don't sue someone and tell all these kind of things without any evidence or proof.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2010, 01:27:57 PM »

You don't sue someone and tell all these kind of things without any evidence or proof.

Exactly... and as some one said before civil and criminal cases are decided differently. Civil case are won or lost based on "a preponderance of the evidence" and not 'Beyond a Resonable Doubt' like in criminal cases. You just need to sway the decision 51-49 in your favor vs.  a unanimous decision in a criminal case.

Think OJ Simpson. He was found not guilty in a criminal trial, but found 'responsible' shortly afterwards in a civil case.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2010, 01:51:42 PM »

I had a bad feeling about Irving and now it makes sence why Chinese Democricy had such little promotion.
If I am right most of the members of the band did not like Irving and now we know it was not bull shit.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2010, 01:59:13 PM »

he tried to break them apart... that makes you say hmmm they sure liked him! rofl
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2010, 02:01:48 PM »

he tried to break them apart... that makes you say hmmm they sure liked him! rofl
Good point hihi
Managers like that are what killed the music biz.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2010, 02:49:49 PM »

All im thinking is danm an GNR Van Halen would have been awesome........ sue that man for every penny! Tongue
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »

So this guy is responsible for Robin leaving?

F.U.C.K. Y.O.U.

(don't take this post too seriously)

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »

So this guy is responsible for Robin leaving?

F.U.C.K. Y.O.U.

(don't take this post too seriously)

that's an asumption you are making.
Robin left on his own behalf. and there is nothing that says azoff did that.
reasons he went back to nin..
Annie
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »

I am behind Axl 1000%. I said I thought putting IF THE WORLD in Body Of Lies was a poor business decision. He wanted NUGNR to fail because all he could see was $$$ for a reunionT tour. Axl is Dean Winchester to Azoff's demons! ok You go AXL!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:42:51 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2010, 03:36:46 PM »

I am behind Axl 1000%. I said I thought putting IF HE WORLD in Body Of Lies was a poor business decision. He wanted NUGNR to fail because all he could see was $$$ for a reunion tour. Axl is Dean Winchester to Azoff's demons! ok You go AXL!!!!!

I gotta say... hell no.. putting songs out there by anymeans is promotion.. perhaps not the best but it's something.

Shackler's, if the world, chinese, better.    these songs have been released on or movies/games/albums/singles... so it counts.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2010, 05:24:45 PM »

A summary of some of what's in the lawsuit:

1. The ex-manager had a twisted plan with an Eddie Van Halen twist: According to Rose, music-heavyweight Irving Azoff wooed Guns N' Roses with talk of a mega-tour with Van Halen because he, Azoff, wanted to crush Guns N' Roses.

2. The powers-that-be were all about seeing Slash play in GNR again: Rose accuses Azoff and his firm, Front Line Management of plotting GNR's demise in order to "force" Rose to reunite with his old bandmates. (Rose is GNR's lone member from its "Sweet Child O' Mine" heyday.) Rose, if it wasn't already clear, "was adamantly opposed to the reunion tour." And that's why he claims Azoff was out to get him. 

3. Chinese Democracy was "sabatog[ed]": Per Rose, Azoff and cohorts purposely botched everything from the liner notes on the band's 2009 album to its exclusive sales deal with Best Buy. Rose thinks Azoff leaked tracks, too, thereby damaging sales of the previously leaked platinum-seller.

4. The world tour was "sabatog[ed]": According to the suit, Azoff "mishandled Guns N' Roses tour dates in Asia, Canada and South America," and then "abandoned" the band before it hit the road late last year. Rose thinks Azoff "lied" about the never-was tour with Van Halen, too.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2010, 05:46:48 PM »

Just read the counter suit.

That counter suit claim answers a lot of questions to what went down before and after the album release that were just touched on during Dexter's Q & A's on the various forums.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2010, 05:49:22 PM »

Is the document allowed to be posted? I just found it online...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2010, 07:04:59 PM »

Is the document allowed to be posted? I just found it online...

nope i posted it this morning and it got deleted  Cry

which to me is a shame cause it really shows Axl in a positive light and explains what most fans have been bitching about.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: