Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:18:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit  (Read 95614 times)
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 05:21:31 PM »

Hope Axl kick his ass in court!  Angry

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 05:33:14 PM »

Azoff is cunt.... end of.

All that fucking work and effort the band put into that album for it be fucking thrown away for that bastard to get his hands on some money.

Is explains the fucked up booklet and no video for better etc

I hope he didn't pressure the mixing of the album ?

Let's all hope Axl wins the law suit and hopefully the decline of Azoff empire is at hand.

I would if there would be re-release of the CD ? If Axl wasn't happy with certain things ?

Thanks Giant Robot...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 05:35:49 PM »

I always felt Azoff might have been pushed on Axl by the record company due to his track record of getting exclusive deals with the retailers (i.e. the Eagles-WalMart deal) since that was about the only way Interscope would recoup their investment. However, I don't like Azoff's control over the concert industry and think it screws fans and artists both.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 05:40:23 PM »

Of course this is going to be an Axl backing topic, but this will take forever to sort out. on both ends. Legally speaking, "oral agreements" are usually not the best for a defense when seeking money, but I guess we'll have to see.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 05:40:45 PM »

Now that is one stupid manager.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 05:53:02 PM »

Now that is one stupid manager.

given the guy's track record, you can call him alot of things, but I dont think stupid is one of them
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 06:11:29 PM »

It is pretty obvious what Azoff did and I think the court will see it. Any idiot can see really. No promotion, a sloppy booklet, no tour, no Axl appearances or interviews, no music video. The only thing that Azoff has on his side is the release of CD through Best Buy. And if I recall correctly, Best Buy were the ones who did most of the "promotion" for CD.  So what good was a manager that didn't do his job?  Axl could've released CD on his own.  I'm sure he hired Azoff to do tours, promotion, and whatnot.

I would like to see a reunion concert, but not this way. Only if they wanted to do it, not someone else forcing them to do it.

given the guy's track record, you can call him alot of things, but I dont think stupid is one of them

Stupid? could be since he didn't do a job that he was paid for. heh Unless he got it in writing from Axl that he didn't have to. then I agree Not stupid. But sure is Evil.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:13:27 PM by icpillusions » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 06:12:35 PM »

I feel sorry for GN'R and Axl, I bet Axl thinks this is all I need at the moment. Especially after all the trouble former managers and the record company have been in the not so distant past.

I'm happy that Axl is standing up to this money hungry person, it seems like Azoff feels he can manipulate people to his own advantage.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 06:13:22 PM »

It is pretty obvious what Azoff did and I think the court will see it. Any idiot can see really. No promotion, a sloppy booklet, no tour, no Axl appearances or interviews, no music video. The only thing that Azoff has on his side is the release of CD through Best Buy. And if I recall correctly, Best Buy were the ones who did most of the "promotion" for CD.  So what good was a manager that didn't do his job?  Axl could've released CD on his own.  I'm sure he hired Azoff to do tours, promotion, and whatnot.

I would like to see a reunion concert, but not this way. Only if they wanted to do it, not someone else forcing them to do it.

Great Post and i agree 100 percent.

I also one day would love to see a reunion concert, but not this way. the only way i would ever want to see it is if they organically got together, buried the hatchet and made it happen cause they wanted to. not for money or cause they are forced.

Azoff did a good job with the BB deal, but the other shit is sneaky and should be illegal.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 06:48:13 PM »

This lawsuit could explain a lot.

And I wonder if this was part of it...

On Wednesday 13th January 2010, @axlrose said:

On a side note, pretty low n' selfish usin' the devastation in Haiti 2 start (false) reunion rumors. R hearts n' prayers go out to the Haitian people.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:03:48 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »

Stupid? could be since he didn't do a job that he was paid for. heh Unless he got it in writing from Axl that he didn't have to. then I agree Not stupid. But sure is Evil.

Can you hang the sloppy booklet and lack of promotion (including Axl appearances) solely on Azoff though?

I don't see evidence of that connection.

However, Azoff has been a reunion monger though. That point is well made.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 07:04:13 PM »

I send my best wishes to Axl on this one. Many Industry people are scum, and managers are the biggest swindlers in the business.

html sucks
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 07:18:15 PM »

NOBODY  but   NOBODY  can back axl in a corner when it comes to reuinion's.
as far as im concerned axl will win in court as i would think.that guy is a swindler bigtime.axl will prove him wrong im sure.
he is a slimedog afterall azoff.axl is going to show what that guy is made of and it's shit on his career not axl's.

the one an only horsey !
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 07:35:09 PM »

My blessings and best wishes to Axl!!!
Hope he can Slam that greedy bastard in court! People and the world in general MUST know that there's only one GUNS N' ROSES alive, and that band is: Chris Pitman, Ron Thal, Richard Fortus, DJ Ashba, Frank Ferrer, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed and Axl.
We don't need anymore reunion shit disease!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Deadlogic
Opening Act

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »

If what Axl said is true, then I'm genuinely gutted about the situation (as much as I'd personally LOVE a reunion).  I honestly felt at the time prior to CD's release, that even with the new band - the anticipation could've been used in such a way as to get GNR at least somewhere near the level they were as regarding popularity.

As it stands now though, the opportunity was sadly missed, and if there's truth in this - Axl should go to town on him.
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 08:39:48 PM »

This seems extremely stupid to me.

How can any of this be proved, a secret plan? lol. Sounds like a lot of paranoid ramblings to me.

It makes little sense, trying to make the new band fail would not result in a reunion, messing up the tour would not result in a reunion. We have had a cancelled tour before and that didnt force a reunion. If Axl couldnt tour he would do nothing. He did nothing for years, its doesnt mean a reunion.

Azoff didnt fuck up the promotion of CD, all Axl had to do was get out there and do few shows, appear on a few talk shows, do more interviews. That's what it would have taken, Azoff doesnt need to spoon feed him that. Sure Azoff has a role in that but Axl is the one people wasnt to see/hear not Azoff.

Axl knew of Azoff's past history with bands, so he must have known that Azoff was pro reunion, therefore he shouldnt have hired.

To me this clearly a reaction counter suit. Its an attempt to make Azoff settle out of court. It's pretty clear that Axls suit hold no water, because it cannot be proved. I am certain that both suits will be settled out of court. 

"to live with fortune and fame"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 08:44:13 PM »

Let me guess: you're an insider and know if he have proof or not, right? Roll Eyes

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 08:49:10 PM »

Axl knew of Azoff's past history with bands, so he must have known that Azoff was pro reunion, therefore he shouldnt have hired.

And he could've made it known that he wasn't interested.

It's pretty clear that Axls suit hold no water, because it cannot be proved. I am certain that both suits will be settled out of court. 

I'm guessing you know everything about what truly went on?

Unless you do, I'd be careful with statements like that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 08:56:48 PM »

Let me guess: you're an insider and know if he have proof or not, right? Roll Eyes

No, but how are you meant to prove a secret plan in a court of law?

"favorable touring deals"....."uses his power to punish artists and harm their careers if they don't follow his orders"....."sabotage Rose and his new band so that Rose would have no option but to reunite."

How can you prove any of the above? How does Axl know about Azoff's dealings with other bands? Rumours, hearsay? That's all it is. It's not the bases for a lawsuit of this size.

He should just sue for the costs of the botched tour, he would have a chance of proving that but weather Azoff resigned or Axl fired him is probably where the winner will be decided.

"to live with fortune and fame"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 09:05:35 PM »

Let the court worry about that.

For some reason, many people still seem to think the music business is all about entertaining us fans. Sorry to have to tell you this, but it's about making money like any other business.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: