Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 08:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228123 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Slams Irving Azoff In $5 Million Countersuit  (Read 95464 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 09:06:17 PM »

Don't know everything that went on and now I'm really sorry I decided to go with the flow and support the choice to support that choice.  I'm just going to say it.  Dump this Doc guy too and bring management in house.  I don't know how it works but get somebody in there who cares about this band.  While they are at it, dump that record label too.  They don't care a thing about this band.

Live or die by your own hand, not at someone else command.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 09:14:48 PM »

Let the court worry about that.

For some reason, many people still seem to think the music business is all about entertaining us fans. Sorry to have to tell you this, but it's about making money like any other business.

/jarmo

I predict it wont even go to court. It will be settled long before. Anyway I thought this was a discussion.

Of course, the entertainment business is just that, a business. The only one who is likely to win with this are the lawyers.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:42:47 AM by rds.06 » Logged

"to live with fortune and fame"
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 09:23:53 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/25/business/25ticket.html?ref=business

I thought that article showed pretty well what Irving is all about. He even admits that he is willing to do anything including lying and cheating to get what he wants:

Mr. Azoff is also known for bending the truth when it suits his purposes or those of his clients, a propensity that long ago earned him the nickname Swerving Irving. He has been surprisingly honest about his penchant for dissembling ? even saying so under oath, in a deposition in a lawsuit over the band Boston. After calling two music executives liars, he said, ?Come to think of it, you can?t believe much of what I say, either.?

?That?s Irving,? says Don Engel, a lawyer who has worked both for and against Mr. Azoff. ?His game is, ?I say whatever I want, and if I change my mind, that?s the new truth.? ?

No wonder Axl is firing back at him so ferociously....
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:32:26 PM by chineseblues » Logged
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 10:38:49 PM »

It still blows my mind how the govt would even allow such a merger in the first place.Axl is dead on the money with this.

Couldn't agree more!  1000% behind Axl!   ok

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 10:46:12 PM »

Seems a little weird but in a way or another I was told something like this like months ago..
That Azzoff's plan was a reunion.. now this just confirms it

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2010, 11:08:40 PM »

Wow, never realised how much of a low life this guy really is.

The article that 'chineseblues' posted just shows that this mans' main motivation is money, even if it means lying through his front teeth. And I think it's quite clear that his met more than his match in GN'R.

And it is true that when Azoff was announced as the manager, a few people suggested that this is what he is known for.

You cannot force a client to do something, then when they refuse, leave them high and dry, only to want a piece of the pie you had no part in baking.  Tongue

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2010, 11:14:42 PM »

Seems a little weird but in a way or another I was told something like this like months ago..
Yeah, heard about that too when they were in talk to the Brazillian tour. I thought it was just bullshit, but seems like Irving was just spreading his lies around..

cineater
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2010, 11:35:37 PM »

And while I'm finally speaking my mind, there's only one person who can manage this band, take care of it and be trusted.  That's Beta.  Get her a good staff to support her.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2010, 11:43:50 PM »

I know me and several others stated that as soon as he was announced as the manager. Guy got The Eagles, Van Halen, New Kids on the Block and a few others reunited.

so i can't say i am surprised that this was his intention.

the fact he would purposely sabotage the album to make that happen however, is very shocking.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 11:44:43 PM »

And while I'm finally speaking my mind, there's only one person who can manage this band, take care of it and be trusted.  That's Beta.  Get her a good staff to support her.

no offense to Beta but being a manager requires soooooooo much shit, i wouldn't wish that on her.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2010, 02:33:36 AM »

holy shit.  i don't think i've ever hated a human being in my life any more than i hate irving azoff right now.  fuck him for trying to screw over the fans of guns n' roses by forcing axl to reunite.  it's tragic when you think of all that could have been with chinese democracy and gnr world domination again. 

i agree with what other people posted in this thread.  beta is clearly the only person who is honest and loyal enough to manage guns n' roses.  i hope axl gives her the official promotion soon.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 03:34:30 AM »

most likely court will have to decide, it will get very expensive against a dinosaur like Azoff, lets hope it doesnt delay any other plans that much again (at least some european gigs are going to happen!). it could be difficult for Axl to tour US as Azoff controls the majority of major concert business in America.

from financial point of view and from (no offense) many peoples' wishes the re-union would have been killer, cant deny that!!
but there's the hook: working against artists' wishes.....which doesnt make any sense in the first place. and the artist in this is Axl himself who always has been fighting straight and like a tiger when it comes to artists' rights and freedom.
under Azoff we got out the album after all those years at least.
go independent like NIN, Axl!!

Re-Union time, baby!!
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2010, 05:24:30 AM »

Axl's dead right to hit back hard at Azoff.  That much power is stifling the industry and its really disrespectful to Gn'R as a band to undermine Chinese Dem and its release - after all the time it took to get to that point, and its fucked for the fans too who support GnR now and not Mr Reunion.  Giving up on GnR like that??  Will hopefully prove to be his folly.
I hope this is widely reported as I'm sure Azoff has treated other bands/musicians with similar contempt that may come out in support of Axl.
God bless Axl for telling it how it is and fuck you Irving - look how succesful the shows have been and how many GnR fans the world over have been treated to wonderful shows since CD dropped - massive credit to the band and Beta for making all that happen under what must be nightmare circumstances at times.  We're with you all the way  ok
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2010, 07:30:11 AM »

I pretty much echo the sentiments of everyone else. It's about time someone stood up to Irving.

On a side-note, it's possible that US fans now have their answer about why no US tourdates have been announced. Considering around 99% of the country's venues are owned by LiveNation.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2010, 08:32:20 AM »

pretty ironic that Axl's own hand picked manager was angling for a reunion even while Axl is bashing his former band members and accusing them of doing the same thing
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2010, 10:46:55 AM »

This seems extremely stupid to me.

How can any of this be proved, a secret plan? lol. Sounds like a lot of paranoid ramblings to me.

It makes little sense, trying to make the new band fail would not result in a reunion, messing up the tour would not result in a reunion. We have had a cancelled tour before and that didnt force a reunion. If Axl couldnt tour he would do nothing. He did nothing for years, its doesnt mean a reunion.

Azoff didnt fuck up the promotion of CD, all Axl had to do was get out there and do few shows, appear on a few talk shows, do more interviews. That's what it would have taken, Azoff doesnt need to spoon feed him that. Sure Azoff has a role in that but Axl is the one people wasnt to see/hear not Azoff.

Axl knew of Azoff's past history with bands, so he must have known that Azoff was pro reunion, therefore he shouldnt have hired.

To me this clearly a reaction counter suit. Its an attempt to make Azoff settle out of court. It's pretty clear that Axls suit hold no water, because it cannot be proved. I am certain that both suits will be settled out of court. 

You need to brush up on your understanding of the legal system.  This is a civil suit, not a criminal case, different laws apply.  Axl does not need to "prove" his case via hard, documented evidence.  He just needs to convince the jury that Azoff did not perform his fiduciary duties as manager and that his actions cost Axl/GNR money. 
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2010, 10:52:09 AM »

On a side-note, it's possible that US fans now have their answer about why no US tourdates have been announced. Considering around 99% of the country's venues are owned by LiveNation.

Can't believe I haven't thought of that before. I'd say US dates are in serious doubt now.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2010, 11:04:24 AM »

Can't believe I haven't thought of that before. I'd say US dates are in serious doubt now.

I don't think so, they can always try and see what they can do with AEG instead of Livenation.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2010, 11:15:40 AM »

I don't think it's impossible to tour without playing LiveNation controlled venues.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »

I don't think it's impossible to tour without playing LiveNation controlled venues.

/jarmo
it can be done
pearl jam did it with clear channel in like 2001

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: