Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Macy Gray admires Axl Rose.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Macy Gray admires Axl Rose.  (Read 5589 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 02:05:44 PM »

If u thought she sucked before this, u should still think she sucks now.

Exactly. It?s like when Axl said during the 06?vmas that Christina Aguilera?s voice was awesome ( or something like that, don?t remember exactly) and all the people started praising her just because of Axl?s comment yet ironically, a lot of them complained because of Richard?s solo hihi

here is the quote:

according to Blender magazine. Speaking to the publication for its November 2006 issue, Aguilera shared the following story from the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards, which took place August 31 at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City: "Axl Rose was backstage in the greenroom at the VMAs, right near my glam squad, and I heard that he made everyone in the room quiet down so he could hear my performance. When I met him backstage, he shook my hand and said, 'You are one of the greatest vocalists of our time'. Isn't that sweet? Because in my day, Guns N' Roses were, like 'it.'
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 02:07:33 PM »

Yes! Thank you! That is what I meant  ok

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »

Axl being praised by Bob Dylan, Elton John etc.. big deal

macy... Undecided

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 10:15:22 AM »

Exactly. It?s like when Axl said during the 06?vmas that Christina Aguilera?s voice was awesome ( or something like that, don?t remember exactly) and all the people started praising her just because of Axl?s comment yet ironically, a lot of them complained because of Richard?s solo hihi

here is the quote:

according to Blender magazine. Speaking to the publication for its November 2006 issue, Aguilera shared the following story from the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards, which took place August 31 at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City: "Axl Rose was backstage in the greenroom at the VMAs, right near my glam squad, and I heard that he made everyone in the room quiet down so he could hear my performance. When I met him backstage, he shook my hand and said, 'You are one of the greatest vocalists of our time'. Isn't that sweet? Because in my day, Guns N' Roses were, like 'it.'
aguilera has a great voice, if axl would've said anything else he'd be in denial hihi
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »

here is the quote:

aguilera has a great voice, if axl would've said anything else he'd be in denial hihi

Ha! Imagine what would happen if Axl like mambo number 5 lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz4eHPD40w4  hihi

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »

Just giving her thumbs up for her music taste, that's all.   Grin

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 01:05:50 PM »

maby after working with slash and duff, she now admires axl for sticking it out so long. I love the old band but it just seems the new band is more tight. and axl seems alot more at peace with himself these days

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 08:34:08 AM »

Fucking yes! See right the fuck there is something that will make me give a shit about her. She gets Axl. And as an artist she admires one of the greatest ever. Honest as fuck without giving a shit about how they may look for saying the truth about Axl Rose.

Its the stupid shit that really pisses me off. Like the dumb shit that has been coming out of B-Real's fucking mouth about Axl. Talking shit about the new GN'R, then saying he never listened to Chinese Democracy. What a dumb cunt. I am/was one of Cypress Hills biggest fans. You know, while I am on the subject... Slash's new album isn't half bad.... though it has already gotten really really old. In truth I only really like 3 songs on it. The 2 instrumental songs, and the one song with Adam Levine. But the last track with B-Real and Furgie doing that version of Paradise City... Slash need to make a public apology. What the fuck is that? Who gives a fuck they played this song at some shows in the past and it was for fun. That is just awful. Amateurish and embarrassing. It makes me get a little throw up in my mouth. Axl has never done anything that has come anywhere near the pissing and shitting on Classic GN'R like fucking Slash has. Get the fuck out of here.

Rock on Macy Gray

Fuck yeah!

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »

Fucking yes! See right the fuck there is something that will make me give a shit about her. She gets Axl. And as an artist she admires one of the greatest ever. Honest as fuck without giving a shit about how they may look for saying the truth about Axl Rose.

Its the stupid shit that really pisses me off. Like the dumb shit that has been coming out of B-Real's fucking mouth about Axl. Talking shit about the new GN'R, then saying he never listened to Chinese Democracy. What a dumb cunt. I am/was one of Cypress Hills biggest fans. You know, while I am on the subject... Slash's new album isn't half bad.... though it has already gotten really really old. In truth I only really like 3 songs on it. The 2 instrumental songs, and the one song with Adam Levine. But the last track with B-Real and Furgie doing that version of Paradise City... Slash need to make a public apology. What the fuck is that? Who gives a fuck they played this song at some shows in the past and it was for fun. That is just awful. Amateurish and embarrassing. It makes me get a little throw up in my mouth. Axl has never done anything that has come anywhere near the pissing and shitting on Classic GN'R like fucking Slash has. Get the fuck out of here.

i have a sneaking suspicion that she want on to make many of the same complaints about slash.  but because it's the 'media' they probably edited all those comments out.  slash has been an embarrassment to the name of guns n' roses for far too long.  but because of the way he manipulates the 'media,' it's impossible for anyone to talk about it publically.  but i think if you could get people 'off the record,' they'd all say the same things that we say around here... slash is washed-up joke of his former self who can't make a good record, no matter how many musicians he tries and fails to collaborate with.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »

well, at least for me, the estimation of a musician goes up if they show appreciation for amazing music and musicians. critical judgment is certainly part of the game in producing art.

not to mention just on a personal level.  if she shows respect for axl, then i feel i can do the same for her.

but yeah, i totally agree.  there are plenty of times i don't like music, but then somebody i like says they like it, so i give it another try and listen more closely.  and then most of the time it turns out i can like it too actually.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: