Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:24:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Macy Gray admires Axl Rose.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Macy Gray admires Axl Rose.  (Read 5614 times)
rabia
Rocker

« on: May 11, 2010, 05:34:23 PM »

Which artists do you most admire?

Billie Holiday, Bob Marley, Aretha Franklin, Axl Rose and Lauryn Hill. Some singers mean every single word they sing ? it's as if their heart just got cut open, and their blood is spilling out.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/may/10/macy-gray-singer
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:39:15 PM »

I think that assessment really really fits Axl - that he means every word in his songs.

he sings with more conviction than any other singer Ive ever heard.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 05:49:16 PM »

Me and my wife loves her! We've been to a concert here in Sao Paulo and she sure sing her ass off. Smiley

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 01:29:09 AM »

Fucking yes! See right the fuck there is something that will make me give a shit about her. She gets Axl. And as an artist she admires one of the greatest ever. Honest as fuck without giving a shit about how they may look for saying the truth about Axl Rose.

Its the stupid shit that really pisses me off. Like the dumb shit that has been coming out of B-Real's fucking mouth about Axl. Talking shit about the new GN'R, then saying he never listened to Chinese Democracy. What a dumb cunt. I am/was one of Cypress Hills biggest fans. You know, while I am on the subject... Slash's new album isn't half bad.... though it has already gotten really really old. In truth I only really like 3 songs on it. The 2 instrumental songs, and the one song with Adam Levine. But the last track with B-Real and Furgie doing that version of Paradise City... Slash need to make a public apology. What the fuck is that? Who gives a fuck they played this song at some shows in the past and it was for fun. That is just awful. Amateurish and embarrassing. It makes me get a little throw up in my mouth. Axl has never done anything that has come anywhere near the pissing and shitting on Classic GN'R like fucking Slash has. Get the fuck out of here.

Rock on Macy Gray
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:31:02 AM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Chief
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 01:40:27 AM »

Now that was unexpected!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
suicide
VIP

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 02:35:09 AM »

... You know, while I am on the subject...

What subject???
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 02:46:28 AM »

Thats the way I've always felt about Axl's music, and Chinese Democracy just bathes in emotion. Really nice to hear another artist give him well deserved recognition.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 03:32:46 AM »

I like Macy she's as cool as a cucumber.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 03:41:01 AM »

Fucking yes! See right the fuck there is something that will make me give a shit about her. She gets Axl. And as an artist she admires one of the greatest ever. Honest as fuck without giving a shit about how they may look for saying the truth about Axl Rose.

Its the stupid shit that really pisses me off. Like the dumb shit that has been coming out of B-Real's fucking mouth about Axl. Talking shit about the new GN'R, then saying he never listened to Chinese Democracy. What a dumb cunt. I am/was one of Cypress Hills biggest fans. You know, while I am on the subject... Slash's new album isn't half bad.... though it has already gotten really really old. In truth I only really like 3 songs on it. The 2 instrumental songs, and the one song with Adam Levine. But the last track with B-Real and Furgie doing that version of Paradise City... Slash need to make a public apology. What the fuck is that? Who gives a fuck they played this song at some shows in the past and it was for fun. That is just awful. Amateurish and embarrassing. It makes me get a little throw up in my mouth. Axl has never done anything that has come anywhere near the pissing and shitting on Classic GN'R like fucking Slash has. Get the fuck out of here.

Rock on Macy Gray

Dude, what the hell does Slash's solo album got to do with Macy liking Axl? hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 02:14:37 PM »

Rock on Macy Gray

Dude, what the hell does Slash's solo album got to do with Macy liking Axl? hihi hihi hihi
Someone looks like has a bit of threat confusion.
 hihi

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
sandman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 05:48:37 PM »

well said!  ok

and although i'm not a fan of macy gray, i've always respected her. and it's really cool to hear someone that takes their art very seriously recognize Axl for doing the same, and pay him some props.

i know Axl is VERY well respected in the industry, especially in the rock world. but it's really cool to hear about proplr in another genre (R&B) that have alot of respect for him as well. I'm sure there are several others.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »

If u thought she sucked before this, u should still think she sucks now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 02:22:03 PM »

I imagine so.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »

well, at least for me, the estimation of a musician goes up if they show appreciation for amazing music and musicians. critical judgment is certainly part of the game in producing art.

I remember reading that Axl is a fan of Fiona Apple and it certainly made me respect Axl  more. Partly because I like Fiona Apple's work and partly because it reflects that Axl doesnt go by labels and doesnt dismiss good music as "chick" fare. The fact that he is open-minded  and defies stereotypes certainly makes him far more interesting to me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 04:14:58 PM »

Which artists do you most admire?

Billie Holiday, Bob Marley, Aretha Franklin, Axl Rose and Lauryn Hill. Some singers mean every single word they sing ? it's as if their heart just got cut open, and their blood is spilling out.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/may/10/macy-gray-singer

Good analogy.

I don't listen to her music, but she has a point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 06:08:47 PM »

I also can't say I'm a fan of her music.

But it's cool nonetheless that an artist has made a comment like this about Axl. It shows he is well respected by a wide range of people, from different musical genres.
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 01:00:14 AM »

Macy Gray has a very unique voice. So does Axl.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 01:18:22 PM »

Exactly. It?s like when Axl said during the 06?vmas that Christina Aguilera?s voice was awesome ( or something like that, don?t remember exactly) and all the people started praising her just because of Axl?s comment yet ironically, a lot of them complained because of Richard?s solo hihi

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »

Exactly. It?s like when Axl said during the 06?vmas that Christina Aguilera?s voice was awesome ( or something like that, don?t remember exactly) and all the people started praising her just because of Axl?s comment yet ironically, a lot of them complained because of Richard?s solo hihi

i was a fan of christina aguilera long before axl said it was ok to be hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »

i thought her career ended back in 2002 :S I didnt even know she was still around!

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: