Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:33:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland: 'STP Wasn?t Meant To Get In The Way Of Another VR Record'
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland: 'STP Wasn?t Meant To Get In The Way Of Another VR Record'  (Read 12226 times)
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »

In light of what came out today, I think Maybe Scott was right all along.

Not only that, the Slash trip to Axl's house was for getting him to agree to the reunion. Azoff would have been the one who arranged the contracts and Axl would have been the only party opposed. The blocks all fall into place. This certainly wouldn't have helped matters in VR especially with Scott. Also, Slash evading the issue by saying he went to sort out some 'legal issues' would have been in regard to the contracts.

All this is known of course, it just wasn't clear to me who would be willing for a reunion from the GN'R side.
but didn't slash go to axl's house before azoff was GN'Rs manager?

Axl made the anouncement in early 2008 that Azoff was the new manager. I checked wikipedia (which is not the most realiable) and it said March of 2008. I can't say for sure March but I do know it was early 2008. Slash's trip to Axl's was in 2005.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »

Wasn't Front Line the managers for VR in 2005......
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »

Ulp, right. I forgot about the time frame. Scratch that theory.

Fuck 'Em All.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 02:02:50 PM »

In light of what came out today, I think Maybe Scott was right all along.
Yeah it was a complicated situation.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2010, 12:13:12 PM »

From Scott Weiland, I wonder who the "one person" is. Cheesy

Speaking about that [Velvet Revolver] break-up now, Weiland explains the band members' egos eventually outweighed talent.

"There was great chemistry with Velvet Revolver. There were just so many egos in the band and one person, in particular, who just couldn't agree with anyone and just caused a lot of contention. It was unfortunate how it ended but that's how it goes for many rock'n'roll bands."

So how does he get along with Slash nowadays?

"I don't see him that often but I recently ran into him in Las Vegas and it was fine. I harbour no ill feelings towards Slash."

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/chip-off-the-old-rock-20100520-vhk0.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »

it might be scrotum, those 2 never seemed to get along
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2010, 12:24:11 PM »

and one person, in particular, who just couldn't agree with anyone

I am going to go out on a limb and point the finger at Matt. We know Scott despised him, so I suspect that is who he is referencing.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2010, 02:32:40 AM »

SCOTT WEILAND Says There Was One Member Of VELVET REVOLVER Who 'Couldn't Agree With Anyone' - May 22, 2010

Patrick Donovan of The Sydney Morning Herald recently conducted an interview with STONE TEMPLE PILOTS/ex-VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

On how touring has changed since the early '90s:

"Everything's different now. We all used to tour on the same bus and get high and there used to be girls. But it's all changed. Now it's like, finish the gigs, go straight to the bus and do a runner. I've got a bed in the back of the bus and I can chill out and not waste my voice talking all night. I get to sleep a lot earlier."

On his departure from VELVET REVOLVER:

"There was great chemistry with VELVET REVOLVER. There were just so many egos in the band and one person, in particular, who just couldn't agree with anyone and just caused a lot of contention. It was unfortunate how it ended but that's how it goes for many rock'n'roll bands."

On how he gets along with Slash nowadays:

"I don't see him that often but I recently ran into him in Las Vegas and it was fine. I harbour no ill feelings towards Slash."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140539

overmatik
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »

The only person he could be referring to is Matt. I remember an interview when Matt called Scott gay.
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 01:31:18 PM »

The only person he could be referring to is Matt. I remember an interview when Matt called Scott gay.

Drummers are a dime a dozen; what a shame if VR broke up due in large part to Matt Sorum.  I know Matt, Duff, and Slash have a history together, but jeez, just get a new drummer.  Any wonder Sorum was really the only one who was literally "fired" when the "original" GNR lineup broke up back in '95?  At least I remember reading somewhere that Axl literally went all Donald Trump on him....maybe I'm getting my stories mixed up.   

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2010, 12:40:46 PM »

25 May 2010 19:11

Scott Weiland - Weiland: 'I Was Clean And Sober As Velvet Revolver Imploded'

Weiland: 'I Was Clean And Sober As Velvet Revolver Imploded'

Rocker SCOTT WEILAND has opened up about his final days as a member of supergroup VELVET REVOLVER, insisting his bandmates were hooked on drugs when he was fired in 2008.

The singer was kicked out of the group following a series of public bust-ups, but he insists his departure had nothing to do with the drug problems that have dogged his career.

Weiland admits he was trying to "kick dope" when he joined Slash and Duff MCKagan's band - but he insists he cleaned up his act, unlike his bandmates.

The rocker tells Spin magazine, "I kicked dope and other members relapsed. Slash was using dope, we were making a second record, and his wife told him she would kick him out of the house if he didn't get clean."

Slash refused to comment about Weiland's claims, but recently revealed "chemical issues" led to his bust-up with the rocker.

He said, "Velvet Revolver was intended to be a lot of fun and we started off having a great time, but I think that we all had a lot of chemical issues as that thing wore on.

"I definitely went way down the f**king drain for a minute there after the Contraband record came out and we went on tour for two years.

"I started drinking heavily and revisited my opiate passion, then had to come out of it, so eventually I had to say, 'That's it!' Certainly Scott had his issues, even (bandmates) Duff (MCKagan) and Matt (Sorum) went down the same road. The only one that stayed sober during the whole thing was f**king Dave Kushner."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/weiland-i-was-clean-and-sober-as-velvet-revolver-imploded_1143826

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2010, 04:02:05 AM »

Matt is a unique drummer but god Slash if he was causing a bunch of the problems I wish you would have made up with Steven Adler back then and use him instead of Matt the apparent unreasonable drummer. I still think Scott could have left a better way or at a different time to make sure it didn't turn into a disaster like it did.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2010, 08:22:30 AM »

Drummers are a dime a dozen; what a shame if VR broke up due in large part to Matt Sorum.  I know Matt, Duff, and Slash have a history together, but jeez, just get a new drummer.  Any wonder Sorum was really the only one who was literally "fired" when the "original" GNR lineup broke up back in '95?  At least I remember reading somewhere that Axl literally went all Donald Trump on him....maybe I'm getting my stories mixed up.   

I think it went something like this:

Matt your fired

Fuck you Axl, you can't fire me

No Matt, fuck you, your fired

Well fuck you then Axl, I quit

Matt, you can't quit cause I fired you, so fuck off
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »

I think it went something like this:

Matt your fired

Fuck you Axl, you can't fire me

No Matt, fuck you, your fired

Well fuck you then Axl, I quit

Matt, you can't quit cause I fired you, so fuck off

I heards that exactly how it went lol.  i thought matt was fired after Slash left though?
i heard that Tobias said something bitchy about Slash and Matt got into an arguement with him.
Then Axl said something like "Why don't you follow him?".  (Referring to Slash).
Then the above happend. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: