Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:38:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland: 'STP Wasn?t Meant To Get In The Way Of Another VR Record'
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland: 'STP Wasn?t Meant To Get In The Way Of Another VR Record'  (Read 12265 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 04:11:25 PM »

Notice he hardly comes to any of Slash;s shows to play drums...slash probably avoids inviting him best he can!

Uh, they just played together last week at the MAPS benefit..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 04:14:24 PM »

I bet if Scott would not have done a STP reunion he would still be in VR right now and nothing would have been said about him being on drugs etc.

Agreed. Also funny how the drug thing wasn't a problem when he got arrested for it while they were making the first record.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 04:46:25 PM »

Notice he hardly comes to any of Slash;s shows to play drums...slash probably avoids inviting him best he can!

http://tweetphoto.com/21208379

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 06:16:43 PM »

but they dont jam anywhere near as much as they did 5 years ago.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 08:27:16 PM »

Slash has played alot of Camp Freddy shows over the last five years with Matt behind the kit..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 10:59:41 PM »

Slash has played alot of Camp Freddy shows over the last five years with Matt behind the kit..

And he recorded a song with Matt, Hands together or something.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 02:58:44 AM »

I bet if Scott would not have done a STP reunion he would still be in VR right now and nothing would have been said about him being on drugs etc.

Agreed. Also funny how the drug thing wasn't a problem when he got arrested for it while they were making the first record.

i doubt that very much.  I saw them a day or two before Scott announced they were breaking up from the stage, and there was no chemistry left between them.  I think it was inevitable.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 10:29:39 AM »

why are they suddenly so nice to each other? Maybe gearing up for a one song reunion at that festival?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 10:37:28 AM »

why are they suddenly so nice to each other? Maybe gearing up for a one song reunion at that festival?

i dont think the break up was that bad.  They all seemed happy to move on so its quite natural to see the hard feelings die down after 2 years.
Would love to see them do one song at the festival though.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 02:02:52 PM »

I find it more intersting that he thought there was going to be some kind of GNR reunion in any way shape or form.

Seems more like a bull shit answer/excuse on his part.

Joe

Maybe you should go back and read what he said. He never said he thought there was going to be a GNR reunion. He said if he thought one would happen he would be fine with it.
?STP wasn?t meant to get in the way of another Velvet Revolver record. Slash and I were always straight with each other, and if it looked like there was going to be a reunion with Guns N? Roses to do festivals that summer, it wouldn?t have bothered me. I always thought that would have been a good idea.?

Thats what he said in a interview right? Well if he paid attention to any god dam thing he would have been able to tell that GNR was not going to reunite.
Joe

Seriously you cannot be this stupid. He never said he thought it was going to happen. What he said was IF he thought it was to happen he would be fine with it just like slash should have been fine with the fact that Scott was going to do another STP record.

Perhaps but he should have only decided to do it if and only if the GNR reunion thing was going to happen. Not before. Things would have worked out better that way instead of how it happened.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 02:04:22 PM »

If it somehow fucked up in the creative process in some way I am sure it would have been a much larger issue.

Joe

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 03:59:56 PM »

I find it more intersting that he thought there was going to be some kind of GNR reunion in any way shape or form.

Seems more like a bull shit answer/excuse on his part.

Joe

Maybe you should go back and read what he said. He never said he thought there was going to be a GNR reunion. He said if he thought one would happen he would be fine with it.
?STP wasn?t meant to get in the way of another Velvet Revolver record. Slash and I were always straight with each other, and if it looked like there was going to be a reunion with Guns N? Roses to do festivals that summer, it wouldn?t have bothered me. I always thought that would have been a good idea.?

Thats what he said in a interview right? Well if he paid attention to any god dam thing he would have been able to tell that GNR was not going to reunite.
Joe

Seriously you cannot be this stupid. He never said he thought it was going to happen. What he said was IF he thought it was to happen he would be fine with it just like slash should have been fine with the fact that Scott was going to do another STP record.

Perhaps but he should have only decided to do it if and only if the GNR reunion thing was going to happen. Not before. Things would have worked out better that way instead of how it happened.

Joe

The 2 things have no relation what so ever. STP doing a reunion had nothing to do with GNR at all nor should it hinge on a GNR reunion. Maybe slash and co should have been a bit more mature given their age and not let it bother them but I guess the idea that STP would have been a bigger deal than another VR record was too much for them to handle.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »

12 May 2010 19:11

Scott Weiland - Weiland: 'I Wish Velvet Revolver All The Best'

Rocker SCOTT WEILAND refuses to feel bitter about his dismissal from VELVET REVOLVER, insisting he wishes his former bandmates "all the best".

Weiland was kicked out of the group in April 2008 following a series of arguments with founders Slash, Matt Sorum and Duff MCKagan.

The drama has played out in the press, but Weiland is keen to clarify he holds no "resentment" towards his former co-stars - and hopes they can move on from his firing.

He tells Kerrang! magazine, "It was a great experience until near the end. I think we made some great music - and I actually prefer our second album to our first - and I don't hold any resentment towards any of the guys in the band. I really wish them all the best."

The band has yet to find a replacement for Weiland despite auditioning a string of singers over the last two years.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/weiland-i-wish-velvet-revolver-all-the-best_1142288

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 02:16:22 PM »

I said that so that they both could do their reunions at the same time and no one would be well stuck waiting for a answer from the other band or waiting on the other band members to come back (if the reunion did not happen)

Its just a little reasoning if you got a problem with that then fuckin say it!

Joe

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 05:03:56 PM »

Another interview with Scott conducted on May 11th.  He talks about the end of Velvet Revolver, and roughly says...

It [Velvet Revolver] was a great band, it was a difficult situation to be in, nearly everyone in the band was a superstar...coming along with that are rather large egos.

When Velvet Revolver started out it was a gang type of feeling...we all had similar life experiences.  People...it just got different.  It got where it wasn't fun anymore.  It was time to stop it [VR].

Audio here @ 12:00: http://blogs.waaf.com/mistresscarrie/2010/05/15/scott-weiland-from-stp/

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »

In light of what came out today, I think Maybe Scott was right all along.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 11:11:28 AM »

Not only that, the Slash trip to Axl's house was for getting him to agree to the reunion. Azoff would have been the one who arranged the contracts and Axl would have been the only party opposed. The blocks all fall into place. This certainly wouldn't have helped matters in VR especially with Scott. Also, Slash evading the issue by saying he went to sort out some 'legal issues' would have been in regard to the contracts.

All this is known of course, it just wasn't clear to me who would be willing for a reunion from the GN'R side.

Fuck 'Em All.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »

Not only that, the Slash trip to Axl's house was for getting him to agree to the reunion. Azoff would have been the one who arranged the contracts and Axl would have been the only party opposed. The blocks all fall into place. This certainly wouldn't have helped matters in VR especially with Scott. Also, Slash evading the issue by saying he went to sort out some 'legal issues' would have been in regard to the contracts.

All this is known of course, it just wasn't clear to me who would be willing for a reunion from the GN'R side.

If all that is true, I'd say some people seriously overestimated Axl's willingness to reunite the old band.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 11:40:48 AM »

but didn't slash go to axl's house before azoff was GN'Rs manager?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2010, 11:59:16 AM »

but didn't slash go to axl's house before azoff was GN'Rs manager?

Yes, long before. That was in 2005 even before the '06 tour when Merck was still manager.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: