Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:38:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland: 'STP Wasn?t Meant To Get In The Way Of Another VR Record'
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland: 'STP Wasn?t Meant To Get In The Way Of Another VR Record'  (Read 12266 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 10, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »

Tied to the Nineties

As Stone Temple Pilots return with their first album in nine years, Scott Weiland explains the difficulty of hauling himself out from under history's bootheels

Mon 10 May 2010

Although the ill-fated Velvet Revolver provided a distraction for five and a half of the intervening years since Stone Temple Pilots? initial parting of ways in 2003, a subsequent stint in rehab and announcement of an STP reunion on the eve of an Australian tour brought about the eventual collapse of his union with Axl Rose?s former compatriots in 2008, which the singer unceremoniously announced onstage in Glasgow during their last tour.

Today, Weiland is tactful and reticent in discussing the acrimonious ? and very public ? fallout. ?I look back on it fondly and it?s a shame that it ended the way it did,? he recalls. ?STP wasn?t meant to get in the way of another Velvet Revolver record. Slash and I were always straight with each other, and if it looked like there was going to be a reunion with Guns N? Roses to do festivals that summer, it wouldn?t have bothered me. I always thought that would have been a good idea.?

With Velvet Revolver now firmly in the rear view, reconvening with the brothers DeLeo and Eric Kretz was ?like having a family reunion,? says Weiland.

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/article/99213-tied-to-the-nineties

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:36:02 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:47:27 PM »

I find it interesting that Scott has recently been sidestepping opportunities to bash Slash via the press (which is similar to his public stance regarding STP months before they re-united).  The more I read this kind of stuff the more I think a VR reunion w/ Scott isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

...which brings me to another thought: I'm still not sure what even caused the break up; it didn't seem to stem from artistic differences.  It just seemed to be interpersonal stuff (Matt Sorum's behavior coupled w/ Scott's inconsistencies), which leads me to think that if VR doesn't find a singer right away in 2011.... 

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »

Yes it is intersting but he might just not want to fight.

I find it more intersting that he thought there was going to be some kind of GNR reunion in any way shape or form.

Seems more like a bull shit answer/excuse on his part.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 03:37:05 PM »

The more I read this kind of stuff the more I think a VR reunion w/ Scott isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

From Slash today...

I?m rehearsing some Velvet Revolver songs now ? we wrote some cool songs and I?m not going to deny that ? but I don?t think we necessarily got on with Scott as well as we probably should have if we were going to make the relationship work. Let?s put it this way: I love Scott to death, but I definitely love him more not being in a band with him. He was always the best in STP and I think anybody will admit that. Although he did a great job ? especially on the first record ? with us, I think, through good and bad, those guys belong together.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 03:58:56 PM »

I find it more intersting that he thought there was going to be some kind of GNR reunion in any way shape or form.

Joe

Maybe you should go back and read what he said. He never said he thought there was going to be a GNR reunion. He said if he thought one would happen he would be fine with it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 04:04:32 PM »

Remember when Scott talked about how a GNR reunion was gonna happen and the contracts were there ready to be signed.... i just never could figure out his motivation for that unless it was true and Slash and Duff asked for too much and it fell apart.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 04:09:46 PM »

Remember when Scott talked about how a GNR reunion was gonna happen and the contracts were there ready to be signed.... i just never could figure out his motivation for that unless it was true and Slash and Duff asked for too much and it fell apart.

I always thought that quote was Scott just talking out of his ass. I don't think he had his facts straight.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 04:13:43 PM »

Scott and Slash were always pretty respectful of each other, it was Scott and Matt that from what we understand couldn't stand each other (or more Scott detested Matt).
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 04:26:45 PM »

easy kick Matt out and bring in somebody else.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »

I woudnt be surprised if we see another Velvet Revolver album with the original line up at some point in the future.  All these guys have so many side projects and what not Velvet Revolver could always be another outlet like that,  putting out an album every 5 years or so and doing a few month tour.  None of these guys need a full time band anymore.  I wouldnt mind VR being a side project that happens every once in a while, kind of like how Alter Bridge and Creed are doing their thing.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 04:41:21 PM »

easy kick Matt out and bring in somebody else.

At this point, for as much as I like Scott (and I do think CB really was a kick ass album and he was the right guy for it) seeing Slash play with Myles I would much rather see Myles fronting a Slash led band than Scott (who knows if Duff ever makes his way back).

I think we saw about as much out of the old VR line-up as we could get with Scott at the helm, and vocally and stylistically there are places they can go musically with a guy like Myles that Scott just can't.

Myles doesn't have the grit in his voice Axl did, but he is first guy I have heard Slash play with in a while that has those kind of pipes that they could maybe consider crafting music in an old Guns style sound that Scott would have sounded kind of out of place on.

If they're ever going to regroup and do another album down the line I hope it is Myles they take a shot with. After the Alter Bridge album cycle later this year I am sure those guys will go do something Creed related, and Myles has said as much that he see no reason that he and Slash couldn't do something further in a situation like that as they seem to have good chemistry on stage together (the MTV gig was killer) and more than anything Myles seems really down to earth and normal.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »

I can def agree with that but would Myles leave Alter Bridge?

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 06:50:54 PM »

I can def agree with that but would Myles leave Alter Bridge?

Won't "leave" them... doesn't have to, but I do think he will work with Slash/VR in the future.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 03:27:06 AM »

Nice that they still respect each other.  I get the feeling that Slash kinda hates Matt as well.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 04:13:51 AM »

I'm okay with Myles as long as he doesn't use the Americanesque poppy style vocals he used on the Slash album. Can he write good rock songs? That's the real question. I think VR with Scott has run it's course. He is better off with STP. Besides, I'd like lyrics that make sense for a change. No more tapeworm abortions.

I get the feeling that Slash kinda hates Matt as well.

Why do you think that?

Fuck 'Em All.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 05:31:08 AM »

I'm okay with Myles as long as he doesn't use the Americanesque poppy style vocals he used on the Slash album. Can he write good rock songs? That's the real question. I think VR with Scott has run it's course. He is better off with STP. Besides, I'd like lyrics that make sense for a change. No more tapeworm abortions.

I get the feeling that Slash kinda hates Matt as well.

Why do you think that?

Not sure really lol!  He allegedy said something like that at Axls house.  Im sure they have a decent working relationship though.  its just that... Matt seems to be very annoying. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 12:58:16 PM »

Matt Sorum is a tool. Thats the problem.

Notice he hardly comes to any of Slash;s shows to play drums...slash probably avoids inviting him best he can!

html sucks
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »

Joe

Maybe you should go back and read what he said. He never said he thought there was going to be a GNR reunion. He said if he thought one would happen he would be fine with it.
?STP wasn?t meant to get in the way of another Velvet Revolver record. Slash and I were always straight with each other, and if it looked like there was going to be a reunion with Guns N? Roses to do festivals that summer, it wouldn?t have bothered me. I always thought that would have been a good idea.?

Thats what he said in a interview right? Well if he paid attention to any god dam thing he would have been able to tell that GNR was not going to reunite.

Everyone with half a frickin brain knew in their heart that it would not happen. I mean they delt with this before back in VR why the fuck should he think it would be different this time around. About Slash apparently leaving to join back with GNR I am sorry people and this even took me a while to settle with myself (having never heard in person the classic line up live) the only way that would happen is if they all are on the verge of lossing all their money.

Thats how the result will be every single time.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 03:39:12 PM »

It's quite simple. STP had an offer on the table to play arenas all summer. VR's album flopped and were playing theaters at that point.  If Libertad had been more successful this would have all turned out different.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 04:04:05 PM »

Joe

?STP wasn?t meant to get in the way of another Velvet Revolver record. Slash and I were always straight with each other, and if it looked like there was going to be a reunion with Guns N? Roses to do festivals that summer, it wouldn?t have bothered me. I always thought that would have been a good idea.?

Thats what he said in a interview right? Well if he paid attention to any god dam thing he would have been able to tell that GNR was not going to reunite.
Joe

Seriously you cannot be this stupid. He never said he thought it was going to happen. What he said was IF he thought it was to happen he would be fine with it just like slash should have been fine with the fact that Scott was going to do another STP record.

I bet if Scott would not have done a STP reunion he would still be in VR right now and nothing would have been said about him being on drugs etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: