Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: I Would Love To See GNR Songs Used On An Episode of Fox's 'Glee'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: I Would Love To See GNR Songs Used On An Episode of Fox's 'Glee'  (Read 5811 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 05, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »

May 5th, 2010

EXCLUSIVE! Guns & Roses Songs On ?Glee??

G&R guitarist Slash tells us that he?d love to see the band?s songs appear on Fox?s smash hit show, but lead singer Axl Rose won?t let it happen!

Who wouldn?t love a Guns & Roses-themed episode of Glee? We?d die to see Finn Hudson (Cory Monteith) take Rachel Barry (Lea Michele) to ?Paradise City? and for Noah ?Puck? Puckerman (Mark Salling) to trade in his Mohawk for a mullet. But sadly, BFFs, a G&R episode of Glee probably won?t happen. (Insert frown face here).

?I?d be shocked if it ever came to be, because Axl might not be down with it,? the 44-year-old rocker told HollywoodLife.com at Charlotte Ronson?s ?I Love Ronson?/JC Penney party in LA May 4.

WHAT! Lead singer Axl Rose should stop being so selfish ? the world NEEDS a G&R-Glee union.

Slash, however, is totally on board with seeing his music appear on the show, and even has some thoughts as to what songs should be performed. ?I would love to see ?Paradise City? or ?November Rain? used on a future episode,? he told us, adding, ?but if it ever came to be, I think they would probably pick ?Sweet Child O? Mine.? That seems to be the go-to [song].?

Slash, surely you can use your powers of persuasion on Axl, 48? Or should we say, ?Use Your Illusion??

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/05/05/exclusive-guns-roses-songs-on-%E2%80%98glee%E2%80%99-not-going-to-happen-if-axl-rose-has-his-way/

http://www.fox.com/glee/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 09:49:16 PM »

Fuckthatshit

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bluedevil2179
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 09:53:45 PM »

slash, ur killing me...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:23:16 AM »

Seriously Slash?

No thanks.

I've never seen the show, but I can't see how this could possibly be a good idea.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:28:10 AM »

Hey, like it or not,  it's become one of the most popular shows on TV right now and cast recordings are selling very well.  They've done songs by Journey, Heart, Queen, REO Speedwagon, etc.  Why not GnR?  Just for fun.  

I don't watch the show, btw.  Just sayin', though.  
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 12:35:17 AM »

Hey, like it or not,  it's become one of the most popular shows on TV right now and cast recordings are selling very well.  They've done songs by Journey, Heart, Queen, REO Speedwagon, etc.  Why not GnR?  Just for fun.  

I don't watch the show, btw.  Just sayin', though.  
Yeah, I realize the show's popularity.  American Idol is hugely popular too, but I wouldn't want GNR anywhere near it.  Unfortunately though, this is the way of the world these days and it's the easiest and most productive way to get your music out there to get some exposure.  I don't think GNR needs that kind of help though.  They do fine on their own.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:57:35 AM »

I'd rather see a GNR-themed American Idol night than a GNR-Glee, just as a lesser of two evils.

With AI, we'd get to see contestants with limited talent butcher the songs we love. Whereas with Glee, you'd get queer-eye-for-the-straight-guy makeovers for all our favorite songs; kids dancing, lip-syncing, doing backflips during WTTJ. Rolling Stone declared Glee "the gayest show on television," and, judging by all the previews I've seen for it, that seems like an appropriate statement.

Thank God Slash doesn't have to power to make these kinds of decisions. If it was up to him, we'd probably be hearing Paradise City play over tampon commercials by now.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:20:36 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 05:40:28 AM »

For fuck's sake! That's all I'll say.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 12:24:04 PM »

He keeps digging himself deeper and deeper.... Roll Eyes
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 01:24:49 PM »

I actually don't think Axl would have a problem with it. People should lighten up.

I also hate the line in the article "Axl should stop being so selfish". We don't even know that he's turned it down for fuck's sake!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:26:25 PM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 02:01:04 PM »

Can't he promote his solo album somewhere else?  Tongue

Who here thinks he'd like to see GN'R songs on a TV show if it didn't promote himself in one way or another?

I remember reading some comments from "upset" GN'R fans whenever they saw an advert for an upcoming GN'R show and it used the old songs/videos....  (GN'R perform those songs at the shows).

So let's say they used old GN'R songs on a TV show like this one, and it was followed by "Catch Guns N' Roses on tour this (insert time)! Check gunsnroses.com for details!". You'd all love that right?

I still remember how the "GN'R Behind The Music" was used to promote his band....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 02:14:30 PM »

I'm not familiar with this show, but if it's anything even remotely like American Idol, let's just say it's not for me.  rant

I don't know what to say about Slash, it seems like he is getting more and more desperate to associate himself with GN'R. I have not purchased his album ,and don't plan to as it doesn't interest me at all. Everything Slash stands for at the present, I'm certain the Slash of yesterday would dispise, and hate, so I don't get it.  Roll Eyes
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »

May 5th, 2010

EXCLUSIVE! Guns & Roses Songs On ?Glee??

G&R guitarist Slash tells us that...

The word "former" got missed or eaten by someone there...

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »

I love ya Slash, but this is why Axl is in control of where GNR music gets used and you are not.  Did the Madonna themed "Glee" album dominate the charts?  Yes.  But Madonna is a pop artist and her music translates to the show perfectly.  How the fuck does a hard rock band like Guns N Roses music translate to a show like "Glee"? Ridiculous!

I still remember how the "GN'R Behind The Music" was used to promote his band....

/jarmo

I think that was more because the only members who were actually doing anything at the time and sat down with VH1 for new interviews were Slash and Matt.  The show plugged "Chinese Democracy" at the end albeit with a false release date.  Plus VR had an album coming out, whereas there wasnt much news on GNR in 2004  besides the "Greatest Hits" cd and the cancelled gig with Buckethead.  I think if Axl had sat down and interviewed with VH1, it would have been a completely different show, and maybe would have made at least ONE mention of Dizzy Reed who was in the band for 15 years at that point.  The band members who help VH1 and participate in the show always end up looking good in it.  Thats not an accident, I work in TV.  It is greatly appreciated when someone is cooperative like Slash and Matt were., and VH1 was going to make them look as good as possible for it.  So the result is not always the most accurate portrait of a band.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:37:01 PM by Bodhi » Logged
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »

I actually don't think Axl would have a problem with it. People should lighten up.

I also hate the line in the article "Axl should stop being so selfish". We don't even know that he's turned it down for fuck's sake!!

+1  some people around here have got their asses wound so tight that if they got gas their heads would blow off! hihi

I also do not like the remark about Axl. There is something about this article that sounds off to me. It sounds like the writer was going out of the way to take swipes at Axl.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »

There is something about this article that sounds off to me. It sounds like the writer was going out of the way to take swipes at Axl.

I don't think they're taking swipes at Axl.  Take a look at the name of the publication "Hollywood Life - Your Celebrity News, Gossip &  Style BFF"...the article is written a little tongue-in-cheek.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »

There is something about this article that sounds off to me. It sounds like the writer was going out of the way to take swipes at Axl.

I don't think they're taking swipes at Axl.  Take a look at the name of the publication "Hollywood Life - Your Celebrity News, Gossip &  Style BFF"...the article is written a little tongue-in-cheek.

You are probably correct. I just don't like it when things are said about him I guess.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 03:05:40 AM »

Who here thinks he'd like to see GN'R songs on a TV show if it didn't promote himself in one way or another?

yeah... cos people will really go and buy his solo album just cos they hear an old song.  Huh

He was hardly gonna plug CD on the show.

I actually think Axl would love the idea of having the songs on Glee

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 10:37:36 AM »

I actually think Axl would love the idea of having the songs on Glee

Oh yeah of course he would cause Axl is known for putting his songs in tv shows etc right. I can guarantee you Axl would be dead set against using GNR songs on a show like Glee.
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 11:06:03 AM »

Days like this I am glad Axl has the rights to the Guns N Roses name.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: