Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The prospect of a new album thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The prospect of a new album thread  (Read 23582 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »

i wonder what all the fuss is about the record company that Jarmo mentioned. how can universal not know how to release a record? axl seems extremely bent out of shape with the suits he told us about his disappointment with the promotional stratagies but that aside what is the big dealio?

I think the question is: What dumbass record company would *not* want to put out another new Guns N' Roses album??

For the life of me, I just do not get why they aren't more supportive...

The record companies all think they run the show. When they realize they work for the artists and not the other way around, things will get better...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2010, 04:10:54 PM »

I've always thought, (and this is me daydreaming) that the follow up to CD would be stronger than CD. Because I remembered  Axl saying the songs they were playing live during the 2001 period were not the big guns. And I vaguely remember something about rhiad being a b-side that ended up on CD....
If I'm not mistaken, this quote is from a supposed interview with Dizzy in 2005 or something about Riad. I don't buy that, IMO this never happened.

There's a recent interview with BBF for an Argentinam magazine when he talk about the first time he saw Axl - and they were rehearsing Riad. The song got rehearsed since 2001 and even in 2010 setlists it was there, so I don't believe it was really considered as being just "a b-side that ended up on CD".

Im probably wrong but maybe Axl thought, hey we're going to put all the live and leaked stuff on the first CD and we'll keep some other big guns for the follow up..

So, that keeps me interested. Although I couldve just imagined the whole scenario hihi

Cant wait for The General.
IMO, Axl was talking about songs like Better and There Was A Time when he mentioned the "big guns" back in 2002. But in 2006 he mentioned Street of Dreams (The Blues back then) as one of his favorite songs in the album, so I guess things change.

yeah, everything sucks ball then.  Lips Sealed

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Estranged87
Opening Act

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2010, 04:17:45 PM »

cool, thanks jarmo.
I wonder if thats why axl didn't really help out as they would expect following the albums immediate release. im more than happy with the chats he done on the forums-by passing media- but from the record companies perspective that must have been a slight?
maybe they shall realize just who they fuckin with after a barn storming world tour, ill see y'all in leeds! following which they may get more encouragment to release a follow up ok
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 04:21:07 PM »

i wonder what all the fuss is about the record company that Jarmo mentioned. how can universal not know how to release a record? axl seems extremely bent out of shape with the suits he told us about his disappointment with the promotional stratagies but that aside what is the big dealio?

I think the question is: What dumbass record company would *not* want to put out another new Guns N' Roses album??

The record companies all think they run the show. When they realize they work for the artists and not the other way around, things will get better...

/jarmo

I also think it's something that's been getting worse over the past couple of years. Record companys are soley interested in getting a product on the shelves while spending as little if not any money in promoting it. That's why in this day and age, you have no idea who is who anymore on the music scene. They are all flavour of the months, then they will drop them and move on to some other talentless marketing tool.

I really feel sorry for GN'R's position, and I understand exactly what Axl was talking about when addressing the release of CD. They want to get the music to the fans, but at the same time they want to do it right. And when you have a record company that's not willing to fund the promotion that the music deserves. It puts the artist in between a rock and a hardplace, which only makes the situation more complicated.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »

leaks will always be an issue it's inpossible to controll them.
it's a miracle that nothing else got leaked when the first IRS got out in 03. anyone know if the purpose of it was to be the first single then??? kinda weird.

But when chinese came out you all saw the demo's coming in.  chinese,twat,better,irs,catcher,street of dreams. and we had heard rhiad/chinese/street/maddy before.

it's to bad that most part of the bad stuff is bussines as usual.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2010, 05:11:13 PM »

/jarmo

Sure hope so.  Must be beyond frustrating for Axl to have to deal with.  It's sad that in the end, the fans are the ones who get hurt because of the record company's greed and lack of support.  Either way, when Axl finally gets the support he needs to get this album out, the fans will, as always, be more than ready.  Smiley
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »

I`m not ready for a new album yet i`m still enjoying this one  Smiley
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »

I think the Best Buy deal was probably a blessing and a curse for CD. Blessing in that they probably recouped their costs from the deal. Curse in that once costs were covered the record company had no further interest in promoting it.

P.S. I'll refrain from getting into a big thing about how the band didn't promote it at release time either.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2010, 07:34:06 PM »

But keep in mind that many fans had already been jamming out to CD's songs from 2001 on from both live performances, youtube, and then....then the multitude of leaks from early 06-08.   A great album no doubt, but I can see how some fans would be ready to hear what else is 'in the can.'

This album contains probably 14 completely unheard songs.  By the time CD came out, by no fault of the band, 80% of the album had been heard by the fans.

This next album will be something special in that we have absolutely no idea what to expect.  How that doesn't get some people excited is beyond me.  I just hope they find a reasonable way to put it out.  Smiley
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »

I Think:

> Europe Summer Tour 2010: TOTAL SUCCESS

> North America Leg 2010: Tampa, L.A., San Francisco, Philly, Washington, Dallas, Phoenix, Kansas, Atlanta, Michigan, etc.

> Finally Tour: 2011

> Video Clip ? mmmm...

> New Album: Fail 2012

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2010, 09:27:09 PM »

I hope you're wrong about the fail.....

Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2010, 02:32:56 AM »

Is GN'R still tied to Universal? Wasn't CD the last album they had to produce under their contract with Universal?

Here today...ready to rock
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2010, 02:37:17 AM »

I Think:

> Europe Summer Tour 2010: TOTAL SUCCESS

> North America Leg 2010: Tampa, L.A., San Francisco, Philly, Washington, Dallas, Phoenix, Kansas, Atlanta, Michigan, etc.

> Finally Tour: 2011

> Video Clip ? mmmm...

> New Album: Fail 2012

Surely touring is the best promotion for an album? Why wait until the big tour has stopped and everyone is taking a rest if you already have an album ready to go. Unless the band wants to tour again in 2012 I suppose.

Here today...ready to rock
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2010, 03:01:20 AM »

If they are writing a new album and Axl isnt happy with the way Chinese democracy was recieved then we may never hear The General, Soul Monster etc. They might scrap everything and start again writing a more rock based album.
Estranged87
Opening Act

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2010, 08:33:20 AM »

Are the band legally obligated to release any more albums? i heard other people suggest that but have no idea if its bs or not.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2010, 08:51:44 AM »

chinese was the last I think.
they can do whatever they want now Tongue
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »

I feel that Axl did right by us. He promised CD. He made good on this promise. He gave us a Guns N' Roses masterpiece no matter what fucking haters think. Its perfection and far better than any of us deserved. If he doesn't want to release anything else, that's alright with me. Axl delivered the goods that will last a lifetime. I don't care what any thinks. To this day I cannot go more then a couple days before needing to go back to CD. Never has an album been so re-listenable for me. Its scary good.

Now, if he has the drive to do another one and get it out to us... I will be thrilled, and would stand in freezing weather for days, to be the first to get it, and hear it as soon as humanly possible. But its such an awesome feeling that Axl actually delivered on Chinese Democracy. I am so proud of Axl. And more content in this fact then I am about most other things. And that is fucking awesome. Thank you Axl.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2010, 06:40:05 AM »

I feel that Axl did right by us. He promised CD. He made good on this promise. He gave us a Guns N' Roses masterpiece no matter what fucking haters think. Its perfection and far better than any of us deserved. If he doesn't want to release anything else, that's alright with me. Axl delivered the goods that will last a lifetime. I don't care what any thinks. To this day I cannot go more then a couple days before needing to go back to CD. Never has an album been so re-listenable for me. Its scary good.

Now, if he has the drive to do another one and get it out to us... I will be thrilled, and would stand in freezing weather for days, to be the first to get it, and hear it as soon as humanly possible. But its such an awesome feeling that Axl actually delivered on Chinese Democracy. I am so proud of Axl. And more content in this fact then I am about most other things. And that is fucking awesome. Thank you Axl.

Seconded!
I honestly can't go a day without listening to at least one track from CD. It's scarily addictive. Definitely a masterpiece!  Anything else that GN'R release in the future will be a bonus... with that said, I would very much like to hear a new album someday... like I said, I'm addicted - I'll eventually need another fix  Wink
... but, in the meantime, CD will see me through  ok

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »

Then don't buy it.  Roll Eyes
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »

leaks will always be an issue it's inpossible to controll them.
it's a miracle that nothing else got leaked when the first IRS got out in 03. anyone know if the purpose of it was to be the first single then??? kinda weird.

But when chinese came out you all saw the demo's coming in.  chinese,twat,better,irs,catcher,street of dreams. and we had heard rhiad/chinese/street/maddy before.

it's to bad that most part of the bad stuff is bussines as usual.
Not true if the employees learn exactly the conciquences for such leaks then I am sure it will be much easyer to control.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: