Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:39:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The prospect of a new album thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The prospect of a new album thread  (Read 23564 times)
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 02:55:10 AM »

Axl said that he didnt consider this album finished with until they had completed a tour and released some tracks from it, and that photographer guy i forget his name said he was being paid to go on tour with them and that Axl wanted to make some big budget november rain style videos later in the year. So my guess would be we wont see a new album until next summer at the earliest, i cant believe after the time it took to get the first album out that they wont give it the full promo that it deserves, like videos for Better, SOD,TIL and TWAT
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 03:10:41 AM »

Axl said that he didnt consider this album finished with until they had completed a tour and released some tracks from it, and that photographer guy i forget his name said he was being paid to go on tour with them and that Axl wanted to make some big budget november rain style videos later in the year. So my guess would be we wont see a new album until next summer at the earliest, i cant believe after the time it took to get the first album out that they wont give it the full promo that it deserves, like videos for Better, SOD,TIL and TWAT

Like I said. that didn't work out. that guy was fired/released from contract or whatever.
Richard had said that some month or 2 ago
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 03:22:49 AM »

Give it 5 years id say.

Current tour will end at the end of this year or the beginning of 2011.  They'll probably take a break for a few months then.
Then they'll regroup. 

I think it will take a lot of time though cos DJ will have to re-record all the material etc and there will be lots of legal issues with Azoff. 

My guess would be 2015.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 05:55:43 AM »

I think it will take a lot of time though cos DJ will have to re-record all the material etc and there will be lots of legal issues with Azoff. 

Not really.  As we all know, Bucket's parts stayed on CD as did Fincky's parts.

In the end, it really doesn't matter.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2010, 02:02:15 PM »

Yep things are great for GNR fans now!!!!

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »

I think it's way too early for a new album. Chinese is still fresh as fuck and personally I havent even heard half the new songs played live. Can't wait for the euro tour.

But I guess NOW is the time for the band to jam and work on new ideas since they are already spending so much time together. I'm sure they do as well, but I don't think they'll take it to studio just yet. When GNR book studio they move in.

The band is doing pretty fucking well touring so it's only natural for them to focus on that. This is the time for them to make some serious profit.

I can't fucking believe how strong GNR are today compared to fuckin' ever.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 05:21:36 PM »

A new album would be absolutely amazing (I would seriously need to whip out my extra special happy dance for that one!), but realistically, I don't think it will happen this year.

I think the band are right to continue touring and promoting CD. Many people still haven't given it the time it deserves and I think more shows and (hopefully) some promotional videos will help to turn people's attention to it.

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2010, 12:27:24 PM »

About a new album, i think is too early to "GNR". Like a fan, of course i'll like a new CD... but u know, GNR clock is different to the rest of the world.

Axl... the Sudamerican tour, especially Chile was the best of my life, Thanx!

I hope u can release material (DVD or BlueRay) like Baz are doing from Chile gig!

axlvai
cineater
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2010, 01:17:10 PM »

Darn I was hoping for a new cd in May.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2010, 01:35:54 PM »

this news rocks my world '
i only hope for a new cd soon as well.

the one an only horsey !
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2010, 01:51:11 PM »

"Most" bands put things out every 2 years, 3 at the max.  GNR is not "most" bands, they are far superior.  I think it is impossible to predict when a new album would come out.  While "Chinese Democracy" has been out for almost 2 years the material is still very fresh and the touring has only just begun in recent months.  Remember there is still a European tour coming up and lets not forget about the U.S tour that is probably going to happen at some point.  For some reason GNR likes touring the U.S in the Fall/Winter(2002, 2006) so I wouldnt be surprised if we hear something on that in the not too distant future. Im thinking late 2011 early 2012 would be the absolute earliest that we could expect any type of new album coming out.  Thats just me making a guess using  an average time table for how most bands do things.  Right now I'm just enjoying "Chinese Democracy", so I'm all set for a long time.  The "Illusions" held me over for 17 years. Smiley
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »

Bodhi and the others are all right on the money with this.
But still I would be happy/supprised with a new album and it never hurts to hope!!!

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2010, 11:16:56 AM »

I've always thought, (and this is me daydreaming) that the follow up to CD would be stronger than CD. Because I remembered  Axl saying the songs they were playing live during the 2001 period were not the big guns. And I vaguely remember something about rhiad being a b-side that ended up on CD....
Im probably wrong but maybe Axl thought, hey we're going to put all the live and leaked stuff on the first CD and we'll keep some other big guns for the follow up..

So, that keeps me interested. Although I couldve just imagined the whole scenario hihi

Cant wait for The General.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:19:55 AM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2010, 01:47:21 PM »

I just hope nothing gets leaked before the release.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »

I've always thought, (and this is me daydreaming) that the follow up to CD would be stronger than CD. Because I remembered  Axl saying the songs they were playing live during the 2001 period were not the big guns. And I vaguely remember something about rhiad being a b-side that ended up on CD....
If I'm not mistaken, this quote is from a supposed interview with Dizzy in 2005 or something about Riad. I don't buy that, IMO this never happened.

There's a recent interview with BBF for an Argentinam magazine when he talk about the first time he saw Axl - and they were rehearsing Riad. The song got rehearsed since 2001 and even in 2010 setlists it was there, so I don't believe it was really considered as being just "a b-side that ended up on CD".

Im probably wrong but maybe Axl thought, hey we're going to put all the live and leaked stuff on the first CD and we'll keep some other big guns for the follow up..

So, that keeps me interested. Although I couldve just imagined the whole scenario hihi

Cant wait for The General.
IMO, Axl was talking about songs like Better and There Was A Time when he mentioned the "big guns" back in 2002. But in 2006 he mentioned Street of Dreams (The Blues back then) as one of his favorite songs in the album, so I guess things change.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2010, 02:29:40 PM »

So without being A dick or whatever.

who started this rumour and who's the one to blame all forums are on this rumour like hell when nothing seems to point out the've been working on a second album this year(meaning the bussiness side of things)

I hate it when people do this...

Oh Axl is staying near Universal.... WOW....... that means a new album is in the works.... didn't know they were working with universal on their new album... hmpf
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2010, 02:49:07 PM »

Any thought of starting the process of a new album before the tour the crap out of the USA again, is pre-mature, to say the least

By the time current tour is done, the band has gotten the kinks out, developed chemistry again and will be a tight group....just in time to bring this act back to New York City and the rest of the country

Hopefully, there are not disturbances with this and they complete a US tour, take a little ( confused) time off........and then focus on another album

I think to expect anything else or something new soon is asking to be dissapointed
Estranged87
Opening Act

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2010, 03:07:58 PM »

First Post! greetings all peace

I dont think a new album is on the bands mind as a priority right now, its all about Chinese with maybe videos or whatever being considered. A new record is inevitable if the band is to survive long term but that could be a few years in the future as chin dem still has mileage. axl talked about having a large amount of stuff recorded and that former members, Fink and i presume bucket, will feature in future releases. this and the other various stuff hes mentioned about double albums and what not suggests that he has an eye on releasing more material in the future.

i wonder what all the fuss is about the record company that Jarmo mentioned. how can universal not know how to release a record? axl seems extremely bent out of shape with the suits he told us about his disappointment with the promotional stratagies but that aside what is the big dealio?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2010, 03:40:14 PM »

i wonder what all the fuss is about the record company that Jarmo mentioned. how can universal not know how to release a record? axl seems extremely bent out of shape with the suits he told us about his disappointment with the promotional stratagies but that aside what is the big dealio?

I think the question is: What dumbass record company would *not* want to put out another new Guns N' Roses album??

For the life of me, I just do not get why they aren't more supportive...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2010, 03:40:24 PM »

I just hope nothing gets leaked before the release.

I second this, I want the album to be fresh for everyone. I can't even imagine what any new material will sound like because every song off CD sounds unique in it's style.

But lets, let the band Tour CD first before we demand any more material, although there's no harm in dreaming I guess.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: