Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The prospect of a new album thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The prospect of a new album thread  (Read 23557 times)
GNR 1991
Opening Act

« on: April 25, 2010, 06:49:58 AM »

There's a lot of buzz on a few forums concerning a future release happening this year.

- Axl is in New York City, he was photographed two blocks away from Universal Music in said city.
- There's a huge European tour happening in 3 weeks, with a flagship date at the Reading festival
- Frank Ferrer has said that a US tour will be compiled in "late summer"
- In one of the several web chats, Axl said that he always saw CD as a double album, and we know they have tons of material left
- The band has hired a new manager
- The best part, on GN'R's official Twitter it currently says "ok... times to go take care of some biznezz...you all have a great w/e and oh yeah.. don't forget to follow @axlrose Wink peace!!!"

This is crazy. Axl is the happiest it seems in forever. This could be an even better year with a new LP on store shelves. I for one, believe we will get an album this year.

What does everyone think?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 06:53:34 AM »

Exciting times ahead if you like Guns N' Roses.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 07:06:32 AM »

Maybe the bussiness is related with South America documentary or something like that.

However, I lived 2006 and 2007 tour but this is the MOST EXCITING. I can't ask for more, I saw the guys live, Guns N' Roses is better than ever, Axl seems to be happy...

If a new CD comes out in the future, that's great. But now I'm looking forward for european tour

Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 07:10:30 AM »

I think its a little early for a new album, we had a massive wait for CD, and the follow up, will it be as long? no i dont think so, but i think we may have to wait at least another 2 years or something, this tour is to tour the CD album, no new songs are being played.

Also the material is already recorded? Im not so sure on if thats fact or not, but its written, and will ashba have his input on the album, that'll take a while, theres been no mention of a new album or anything.

I dont think there is a hope of an album this year

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
Galileo
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:48:35 AM »

- There's a huge European tour happening in 3 weeks, with a flagship date at the Reading festival

In 3 weeks!?! That would be 16th of may. Where is the show?
GNR 1991
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 07:54:55 AM »

Also the material is already recorded? Im not so sure on if thats fact or not, but its written, and will ashba have his input on the album, that'll take a while, theres been no mention of a new album or anything.

Material between 1997-2008 has been recorded. From what we know, the band hasn't recorded since then. However, during that period there were many tracks recorded that weren't featured on Chinese Democracy and most likely being saved for future releases. Ron himself has said he's recorded songs that aren't on CD. That just cements Axl's statement about the double-album thing.
Reckless Rose
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 08:11:26 AM »

In 3 weeks!?! That would be 16th of may. Where is the show?

lol

Yeah, there are almost no dates confirmed, and Reading can hardly be said to take place within three weeks  Tongue
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 08:18:41 AM »

Material between 1997-2008 has been recorded. From what we know, the band hasn't recorded since then. However, during that period there were many tracks recorded that weren't featured on Chinese Democracy and most likely being saved for future releases. Ron himself has said he's recorded songs that aren't on CD. That just cements Axl's statement about the double-album thing.

And so ashba will have to re record his parts, as im sure axl wants him on the record because he's in the band, and there on tour right now, so unless they record on tour, i dont see that happening this year, unless its already done of course, but im sure ashba is recording with Sixx A.M. in bewteen GNR dates?

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 09:18:24 AM »

You are getting way ahead of yourself man, Axl said in one of his chats that the focus is on Chinese for now and they are going to tour that for awhile. I wouldn't expect a new album this year at all.
StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 09:38:55 AM »

I really don't KNOW anything, but a bit of common sense and logic takes you a long way. Current tour is promoting CD and the band is busy with that until towards the end of the year. I cannot see there is time to release anything at all this year, recorded or not, material there or not. In the light of the information that has been given over the years it seems certain there are more songs "ready" besides those released on CD. However, all these songs are at least partially composed by former band members. We can hope this material comes out one day. The current line up seems to be quite tight both musically and otherwise, and I would not be surprised if there was new material brewing within the band, perhaps in near future when touring allows, or maybe they have already started with something. The interesting question is, does the band prioritize the older, already existing material that was partly composed by guys who are not in anymore, or do they wish to do something new with the current band.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 10:00:54 AM »

useing the word prospect isn't really good right now.being as the motorcycle club i road with many years ago.has been taken down by the goverment right now.

but it's a possiblitiy though what you r saying.

the one an only horsey !
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 10:18:27 AM »

i dont think that would be a studio album.i think it could be a live dvd proyect or maybe music videos!.i really hope the new manager make the things right,like the great bands only can do.
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »

Right now, I'd say the band is thinking only about this tour, but we can expect anything from GNR, right? If it was up to Ron and Ashba I bet they'd put out another album while touring. Probably the whole band is not even thinking about it, anyway.

After the tour is over, by the end of the year, it would be a PERFECT timing to put out another record and conquer the world again. But nothing in GNR is simple as that. Let's wait and see. And there's no harm in making a speculation thread anyway. We're bored.

StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 10:40:48 AM »

If it was up to Ron and Ashba I bet they'd put out another album while touring.

Yes, I too bet those two are probably burning to make some new GNR music. Let's hope the rest of the band (and especially a certain someone whose name starts with A) agree. As much as I'd want the "old" music to come out, I'd prefer this line up make their own record from the scratch. I have high expectations regarding their ability.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 11:23:18 AM »

I would love to get a new album this year, but I honestly don't think it will happen.

Would be cool though if they released like a 5 song EP to hold us over... (Yeah, I know that will never happen)

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »

there won't be a new album this year, I'd love to be wrong but I don't think I am in this case
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 12:06:53 PM »

I think we`re getting a DVD Wink
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 12:08:44 PM »

What a great move if Guns and Roses released a new album this year. All criticisms of long delays for Chinese Democracy would go out of the window - i'm sure Axl is keen to see some return from 10yrs worth of recordings too - and then he can draw a line under everything and get into the studio with the new band when he's ready

The fans would be as happy as pigs in shit - all new, previously unheard songs - the band on tour and playing the new songs live.

It would be THE news of 2010 for a lot of rock fans and I'm sure the record company would approach it with a much better attitude this time - they've got their money back from the best buy deal.

But I agree, unlikely to happen, except for the fact this is Axl Rose and anything can happen!

Here today...ready to rock
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »

I remember in one of those first DJ Ashba chats on his website.. he mentioned he was "recording" everyday

now whether this was Sixx AM or GNR i don't know

I could see a US tour in August and a new album in NOvember... why not?

I think they are building some nice momentum, finally have a proven "Great" Manager

listen, no offense to any countries, but u don't go get a manager the caliber of Doc McGhee just to tour Central America or South America or Europe. Axl could do that with any management.

U get someone like Doc for US tour and album release stuff

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 01:46:25 PM »

I think its best to not get ur hopes up.
The band has never directly come out and said they are def workin on a follow up to come out this year.

I can just see it now, the band doesnt release a new album this year and it turns into another Chinese situation where the fans start getting pissed at Axl because he didnt release a new record, when in fact no one ever even said one was considered being released this year.

Thats my view on this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: