Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:16:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The prospect of a new album thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The prospect of a new album thread  (Read 23628 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2010, 08:18:36 PM »

I would like to thank our own Manets for taking the time to take my comments way out of context and managing to write a "news" story based on them.

Good job.

Maybe you can be a music journalist one day. I mean fiction writer....

Maybe next time you want to use me to try to validate your bullshit story, you could ask for a comment?  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2010, 11:39:54 PM »

Maybe you can be a music journalist one day. I mean fiction writer.... rofl

Jarmo dont waste your time trying to speak with him.... its like speakin with a 12 years old boy or worse. ok

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2010, 12:11:11 AM »

not putting a time table on it, but sure there will be a new album eventually. band is too talented and are too much of a cohesive unit not to.

what id LOVE to see. and this is just me personally, so no one get all bent out of shape.

Id love to see Axl Release the rest of the CD sessions as a box set
take the 12-14 best songs left and make it a single album and also have whatever is left, plus alternate versions, B sides whatever in a boxset version.

and then work on a new album with the lineup he has right now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2010, 01:05:26 AM »

Id love to see Axl Release the rest of the CD sessions as a box set
take the 12-14 best songs left and make it a single album and also have whatever is left, plus alternate versions, B sides whatever in a boxset version.

The problem with this is that you (not you personally but just this mind set) think that you know better than the guy whose heart and soul went into every second of this album.

IMO, this is the same logic ... or should I say illogic ... behind someone leaking the songs.

We'd all love to hear the stuff that didn't make the final cut but, that being said, obviously there were reasons why the artist themselves decided that material wasn't right for this, or maybe any, moment in time.

It's the nature of the business to take X amount of material and whittle that down to what you want to put out there.

It is (or should be) their prerogative and no outside forces should dictate otherwise.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2010, 01:41:40 AM »

no, its not me or anyone else thinking we know better, just as fans, its something we would love to have. Cause most of the time, hardcore fans favorite songs are those unreleased tracks, B sides or non hits.

i know a band who did that, dug into their vaults and released like 4 CD's worth of unreleased b side stuff, and the first cd of unreleased stuff sounds like most bands greatest hits albums.

I'm sure the same would be true with a GNR release of the same nature.

I also don't agree with they didn't want to release it so we shouldn't hear it. I am sure Axl is very proud of everything he has recorded or he wouldn't have recorded it. some stuff just doesn't fit a certain album etc so it often gets left out due to time constraints of a CD etc.

a band like Pearl Jam comes to mind. think of all the classic stuff, no one would've ever heard if they thought like people of  your mindset.

i find it hard to imagine, Axl is even capable of writing a bad song cause from Appetite to CD ive yet to hear a single song i didn't like.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2010, 10:54:46 AM »

This is from Ron and might shed some light..

There are more songs that didn't go on this CD, right?

Yes, there were more songs.

Did you record it?

Yes, I play on them. Some songs had 10 years old, some when we were adding the final touches to the album. Maybe it will see the light of the day.

There's a rumor that Chinese Democracy was meant to be a trilogy

Haha, I heard that rumor too. The problem of a disc is that even if you have an initial plan, it will change with time, it happend with my solo discs. Maybe someday it was a trilogy, but I don't know nowadays.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2010, 11:22:50 AM »

I also don't agree with they didn't want to release it so we shouldn't hear it. I am sure Axl is very proud of everything he has recorded or he wouldn't have recorded it. some stuff just doesn't fit a certain album etc so it often gets left out due to time constraints of a CD etc.

You're fuckin joking, right?

If an artist doesn't want something released publicly for whatever reason THAT'S THEIR PREROGATIVE!!!

I'm sure there's stuff that the band recorded just to try out something new or different.  Doesn't mean they ever had any intentions of using it or releasing it.  Recording stuff is just another tool most artists use in honing their craft.  I'd bet 80% of material that's recorded is meant to be used by the artist for some purpose other than releasing it to the public. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2010, 11:39:59 AM »

If an artist doesn't want something released publicly for whatever reason THAT'S THEIR PREROGATIVE!!!

I'm sure there's stuff that the band recorded just to try out something new or different.  Doesn't mean they ever had any intentions of using it or releasing it.  Recording stuff is just another tool most artists use in honing their craft.  I'd bet 80% of material that's recorded is meant to be used by the artist for some purpose other than releasing it to the public. 

So I take it you won't be buying Jimi Hendrix's Valleys of Neptunehihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2010, 01:27:54 PM »

How do U know they don't want to release it though? U are just assuming that since they didn't, it means they don't want to. U think Axl is bent out of shape because Shadow Of yOur love, Just Another Sunday etc are out there for people to hear?

Did u not hear Axl about his plan to release all of it when he was talking about his 3 album plan?

financially, an artist can only put so many songs on one album. so if they have 40 plus songs written and recorded, they can only put 14 on an album. Axl proved with UYI that he is proud of every single thing he records or else, UYI would've been a 14 song best of disc.

It baffles me how a fan can sit there and NOT want to hear what is left of the CD sessions.

Axl is a prolific musician and I would bet u everything, if the record labels weren't so fucked, Axl would be pumping albums out left and right.

Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2010, 01:35:05 PM »

It baffles me how a fan can sit there and NOT want to hear what is left of the CD sessions.

They are being insincere.
GNR 1991
Opening Act

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2010, 05:40:57 PM »

Call it a pipe dream, but how great would it be for GN'R to drop a new LP before a US trek in late-Fall? The question I'm wondering about touring the US is would Axl want to continue touring Chinese Democracy as the main focal point or does he feel he's already done that (2002/2006)...

I think it would be cool for US fans to hear songs like Shacklers, If The World, Catcher, This I Love, etc. Not to say I wouldn't mind a new album though.  drool
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2010, 06:51:11 PM »

Alright...looks like it's time to scrap the rest of the CD tour. Looks like it's no longer needed, as we're now in a heated argument about the next album.

Seriously guys..give it a rest. Don't be a bunch of spoiled little shits.

How do U know they don't want to release it though? U are just assuming that since they didn't, it means they don't want to. U think Axl is bent out of shape because Shadow Of yOur love, Just Another Sunday etc are out there for people to hear?

Did u not hear Axl about his plan to release all of it when he was talking about his 3 album plan?

financially, an artist can only put so many songs on one album. so if they have 40 plus songs written and recorded, they can only put 14 on an album. Axl proved with UYI that he is proud of every single thing he records or else, UYI would've been a 14 song best of disc.

Axl is a prolific musician and I would bet u everything, if the record labels weren't so fucked, Axl would be pumping albums out left and right.

Being a musician, I've got a few hours worth of music, snippets, solo vocals, guitar work, demo's etc that the band has worked on at one time or another, and I can tell you first hand that this music is never meant to see the light of day. Most of it is a reference point for what you'll be doing down the road. I've got one song that's been done 6 different ways on guitar alone, just so we could all give it a listen, and tweak it over and over and over.

I bet Axl does in fact have a tonne of stuff he wants to release, when it's all finished.

And maybe, someday, we might see a GnR box set along the lines of the Beatles Anthology, but I'm pretty sure it won't be until long after Axl has finished giving us what's on his mind, and that could take a while.

So again, don't bitch, don't moan, try not to speculate too much, and enjoy what you have.

And if that's not enough, there's always a whole 9 seconds of Checkmate you could play forwards, then backwards, then dissect, then cover, the make up your own lyrics, then finally give up and just stop being a knob.

Oh...and hey Jarmo......sup bro.....have fun in Eurolandia

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2010, 01:20:44 AM »

As a musician. there is a difference in having Snippets and having SONGS.. stuff that generally sucks or has no direction, usually doesn't get recorded.

It has been reported by Axl on Eddie Trunk and various other places that he has 3 albums worth of material and he was shuffling songs back and forth.

That doesn't sound like someone fucking around in their basement on a 4 track to me. Sounds like he has full fledged songs ready to be crafted and finished.

no one wants to hear doodling, but that isn't what is being said. whatever finished songs he has, we want to hear. demos, different versions etc.

Basically what u said in your 2nd line there is what I've been saying but yet somehow u go on to call me a knob when in fact u agreed with my entire posts.......... so ill let others judge who the knob really is on that one.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:22:52 AM by D » Logged

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2010, 11:51:42 AM »

i think in a year we will start hearing info about a nre record

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2010, 02:14:18 PM »

i think in a year we will start hearing info about a nre record
Yep thats what I think to. And with better promotion.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2010, 03:40:48 PM »

A new record?  It hasn't even been 2 years yet.  Let's give CD some time to get absorbed by the world.  I, personally, am still listening to the album with the same excitement I did when I bought it...couldn't even imagine the prospect of another album right now.

Bands always record extra songs when making albums.  Some songs make it to be b-sides...others just sit on the shelf indefinitely.  I remember Soundgarden used to record 30-40 songs when making their albums.  Billy Corgan admitted to recording over 150 songs when making Mellon Collie.

Maybe some of these songs will see the light of day eventually...but let the band decide when that time is.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2010, 12:17:14 PM »

A new record?  It hasn't even been 2 years yet.  Let's give CD some time to get absorbed by the world.  I, personally, am still listening to the album with the same excitement I did when I bought it...couldn't even imagine the prospect of another album right now.

Bands always record extra songs when making albums.  Some songs make it to be b-sides...others just sit on the shelf indefinitely.  I remember Soundgarden used to record 30-40 songs when making their albums.  Billy Corgan admitted to recording over 150 songs when making Mellon Collie.

Maybe some of these songs will see the light of day eventually...but let the band decide when that time is.

How much time does an album need to marinade before it's been absorbed enough??  It's been out a year and a half, it's not really new any more.  That's not to say it's definitely time to release an album, but I don't understand how anyone could say that it's too soon, either. 

Purely speculative, but I think for a change we might see another album sooner that we would think, we'll see!!! 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »

How much time does an album need to marinade before it's been absorbed enough??  It's been out a year and a half, it's not really new any more.  That's not to say it's definitely time to release an album, but I don't understand how anyone could say that it's too soon, either. 

Purely speculative, but I think for a change we might see another album sooner that we would think, we'll see!!! 

I have to agree here with this speculation. Considering that the majority of the material had been floating around the 'net for years, the band would be well served with a release of completely new songs while they are on the road. For whatever reason, this did not happen last time.

But I can understand if Axl wants to soak up as much of the CD afterglow as he can before moving on to the next phase. As long as the song creation process continues, then fans will be richly rewarded at some point.

D, I would also be interested to hear what the CD sessions sounded like. With the parts originally recorded by May, Bucket, Brain,....etc. I think that kind of release would come in the distant future though.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2010, 02:27:05 PM »

there won't be a new album this year, I'd love to be wrong but I don't think I am in this case

or the so called remix album as Brain said.

Honestly though.. there isn't even a name for the next album announced... it certainly doesn't come out this year...
"bigbri" posted this over at www.gnrevolution.com today.  The remix album is brought up again.

http://brainandmelissa.com/

Both Brain and Melissa had the foresight early on to drive their musical careers in more than one direction. Though they each have an impressive list of accomplishments in their own right, as a production team they are becoming a force to reckon with. These days the pair is involved in a plethora of composing, writing and scoring projects. This year alone they have already done two major game themes for Sony Playstation, several pieces of original music for Playstation home, and are also scoring a major Playstation series release set for February 2011. They have produced three Guns N’ Roses remixes from Chinese Democracy at the request of Axl Rose to be released on an upcoming remix album, and they have just come off scoring the E3 2010 Xbox media briefing convention for Microsoft. The duo has also done numerous film trailer pieces some of which can be heard on Casa Verdugo, the forthcoming media LP from Howling Entertainment. Currently, Brain and Melissa are gearing up for the release of the first volume of three avant-garde 5-disc sets they are doing collaboratively with Buckethead entitled “Best Regards.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2010, 02:35:55 PM »

I don't really see a new record anytime soon.

I think the Irving Azoff suit/countersuit probably puts a hold on putting a lot of money into production costs, when the Chinese Democracy album didn't exactly bring in a lot of revenue to the label.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: