Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:49:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  lots of people not receiving Clasic Rock Fan Pack
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: lots of people not receiving Clasic Rock Fan Pack  (Read 3894 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« on: April 09, 2010, 10:04:23 AM »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/classic-rocks-slash-fan-pack-is-on-sale-now/

Well... This is a REAL shame.  It appears as if people that pre-ordered still havent gotten the CD/magazine.  Some people are claiming they got told they'd get it in 2 weeks time!

I feel bad for some people now.  I didn't want to pre-order in case of this.  I bought it in Eason's in Ireland yesterday.

Although i was a bit surprised that it cost 23 Euro!!!  it said 14.99 pounds on classic rock website, which converts to about 17 euro.  rant

I wasnt too upset though.

Read the comments at the end of the page.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Sandrine
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 10:18:56 AM »

I pre-ordered it and i have nothing Angry
suicide
VIP

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:25:22 AM »

Still waiting on mine. Play.com only send it out the day it was released and it will take an extra 3 to 5 days to get delivered. It's a shame but a few more days won't kill us right?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:26:39 AM »

Still waiting on mine. Play.com only send it out the day it was released and it will take an extra 3 to 5 days to get delivered. It's a shame but a few more days won't kill us right?

True. it is a shame though that you guys ordered it first but still dont have it... when its selling in the shops.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:34:39 AM »

I pre-ordered it and it came on Wednesday. Hope everyone gets theirs soon. beer

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Sandrine
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »

who knows ! Grin I can't wait to hear it and i don't want to listen it with a dirty sound on the internet and i dont want to buy two albums ! It's a shame, it's ridiculous, that's what it is.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 10:41:07 AM »

who knows ! Grin I can't wait to hear it and i don't want to listen it with a dirty sound on the internet and i dont want to buy two albums ! It's a shame, it's ridiculous, that's what it is.

Hopefully Classic Rock at least apologize on their website. you guys deserve that at least.
maybe they weren't expecting so much interest.
Although, it would nice to think that the album is exceeding sales expectations and thats the reason for delays.  Id hate to think they just royally fucked up.

widevu
Headliner

I used to do a little

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »

I pre-ordered & received nothing yet.

I'm waiting ...

I listened to it, because my brother bought it in the store last week.

APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION
widevu
Headliner

I used to do a little

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 10:27:07 AM »

I still received nothing?
Is that normal?
What can I do to receive it. It's already payed.

APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 11:00:39 AM »

Some info here.  hope this helps your situation in some way  Smiley

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/classic-rocks-slash-fan-pack-is-on-sale-now/

Hello,

I?m embarrassed that it?s taken this long for someone to reply to you. If it makes any difference to you, I have been on holiday for a few days, and in the days before that was on deadline and totally unaware of this problem. (Actually not completely ? when the comments first started appearing, I passed them along to the relevant people. I think the feeling then was that the mags would arrive any day and the comments cease.)

Meanwhile, people who emailed the classicrock@futurenet.co.uk address all had individual replies ? where the CR team has been aware of this issue, we?ve responded and tried to help.

Having spoken to our subscriptions dept, they tell me the following (this only applies to people who ordered via http://www.myfavouritemagazines.com):

?We don?t have a courier style facility for mailing large quantities of overseas mail so had to use our existing Priority bulk mailing service for which we need to allow up to 7 days for delivery. There is a certain level of dependency on the domestic mailing service at each destination country of which we have no control so it could account for slightly longer delivery transit times.?

So outside of the UK you should have gotten yours within 7 days ? although that is also reliant on your domestic service fulfilling their end.

In you?re in the UK, they say:

?We mailed all UK addressed items on Tuesday 6th using Royal Mail?s 1st class business mail service so items should have arrived the following day but as we don?t have a Royal Mail tracking facility I can?t investigate further.?

So in brief: everyone should have their copies, esp. in the UK.

To answer other questions:

Paradise City: we were denied use at the last minute. Approval of all co-writers/their publishing companies had to be sought and someone refused. But ? my understanding is that all myfavouritemagazines pre-orders were emailed to alert them of this fact. Let me know if that?s not true. It?s a real shame, but the album is still 15 tracks, as advertised, though strictly speaking the only BONUS track is the Alice Cooper one.

Delay: the Paradise City switch did not cause production problems; the issue went to press on time. Delays are all postage related. As far as I know, it was never promised that pre-orders would arrive BEFORE April the 7th. The album was not released until then, and it would be breaking our contract to send them out in advance of that ? as with all record companies these days, we had to try and ensure the record was not leaked online before then.

The guy called Aussie above who claims that someone ?walked into a Futureshop? and bought it with 3 bonus tracks has been misinformed to say the least. A) There?s no such thing as Futureshops and B) There is no such version (unless you burn it yourself).

Any other questions/anything I?ve missed, let me know and I?ll answer tomorrow.

Again ? my complete apologies for the delay in getting back to you and for the late arrival of your Slash special editions. Fingers crossed you do get them and you think it was worth the wait.

Best,
Scott Rowley
Editor In Chief, Classic Rock

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 11:19:26 AM »

Considering 'Paradise City' is a bonus track for the Australian iTunes version of the record, I find "one of the co-writers" (gee, who could they be referring to?) refusing permission for its release highly unlikely. More likely that the Australian branch of iTunes realised there weren't any songs left to make exclusive for them, and threatened to not sell it if they didn't get one of the bonus tracks from somewhere else. iTunes take a hard line when it comes to making sure they get more tracks than anyone else.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 11:23:13 AM »

A mate of mine pre-ordered his on play.com. He recieved it on the Friday so it wasnt JUST classic rock pre-orders.

As far as it being worth the wait, I got mine on the Wednesday from HMV and it just gets better and better!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 12:21:03 PM »

haven't gotten mine here in the US but I also bought the CD at best buy for 7.99 b/c i didnt want to wait hihi
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 06:23:03 PM »

STILL WAITING, I too bought the $7.99 Best Buy version.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 04:15:11 AM »

I got mine on wednesday. Pre-ordered it through Play.com... (and I live in Flanders). It's really worth the wait, just a little patience! And yeah, I know, "easy for you to say..."
It's the first time Classic Rock released an album/magazine and they made some mistakes. It's still a geat record and magazine though.
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 11:37:51 AM »

mine came last wed  ok

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
Sandrine
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 09:25:16 PM »

I got mine on monday  Smiley
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake