Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 11:21:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228500 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: "Im not an authority-type figure"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: "Im not an authority-type figure"  (Read 1286 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« on: April 09, 2010, 09:18:23 AM »

http://www.musicrooms.net/alternative/5024-Slash-Jumped-The-Chance-Work-With-Fergie.html

He puts her ?amazing? talent in the same category as Michael Jackson and Iggy Pop, and was thrilled when she agreed to collaborate with him on his debut solo album Slash.

?Fergie has one of the best rock voices of any female I've heard in years,? Slash said. ?I had this one song, Beautiful Dangerous, so I sent it to her. She put a vocal on, and it was just phenomenal.

?Talent transcends all genres. When you get a chance to work with amazingly gifted people - whether it's Michael Jackson, Iggy or Fergie - you jump.?

Slash is proud of his first solo album, but admits it has taken him a long time to put together. He says he is a terrible organiser, and lets his employees and collaborators do whatever they want.

?I'm not an authority-type figure - you can get away with murder! But I was working with great, talented musicians,? he told British newspaper The Daily Mirror. ?Everybody wanted to play and there was no real boss thing going on.?

Well... we all know this about Slash. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: