Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:52:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228123 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Estranged 2010 (Tour) - Fan Campaign
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Estranged 2010 (Tour) - Fan Campaign  (Read 17703 times)
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2010, 06:59:12 PM »

I'm more interested in the band promoting the new stuff, playing the new songs that THEY have written whilst playing the popular songs like NR, SCOM etc.  People here seem to forget that most of the people at these gigs don't post here, so know little about the new band.  They haven't heard the new stuff live.

Yeah, Estranged would be great but hearing Catcher or TWAT is also great.  This is the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2010, 07:04:14 PM »

This is the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

You're right ... beeing on ChD WT and not to play some epics like Estranged, it's the same than beeing on UIY WT and not to play WTTJ or SCOM  peace
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 07:17:01 PM by GUNNER » Logged

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2010, 07:14:19 PM »

This is the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

then why not play more then 5-6 songs off CD?
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2010, 07:16:11 PM »

Because then people will moan that the likes of Jungle, SCOM, PC are not played. 

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2010, 07:19:52 PM »

Because then people will moan that the likes of Jungle, SCOM, PC are not played. 

damn your right. Fieldsy your so smart  Grin
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2010, 07:22:04 PM »

In Tokio they played almost all ChD songs... and they played that AFD songs ... can't understand that logic ... confused

fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2010, 07:30:19 PM »

Because they were doing a 4 date tour and it was obvious that they set out to try and beat a record of playing for a certain time.  To play for over 3 hours at the intensity the band do takes a hell of a lot of energy and skill.  No way could they continually do that over a 10+ date tour.

Maybe they decided to do that amount of songs because it felt right at the time?  Maybe it was because they started earlier (Asia shows tend to start early evening) and had more time to do so?  Maybe Axl's voice felt good to go on and on?  Who knows?  All is said and done, GNR continually pull off a 2 and a half hour show minimum.  There's not many bands that do that out there.

One of the things about giving poeple something is that they will always expect more.  Personally I am just happy that they are touring the album, playing well and having fun. 

They tour = people moan they don't pay Estranged.
They play 3 and a half hours = people moan they didn't at the show they went to

GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2010, 07:54:51 PM »

Sorry but, saying that, it seems like you are including Estranged in the "ordinary" category ...

I did not bring Estranged for this campaign just because it is my favorite song. I did it, beacause i have noted, everywhere, that this is the music that brings more consensus among fans.

I'm really enjoying this tour ... but, it's not a crime to ask for more... my horizon line is farther than 10 feet from me  hihi

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2010, 09:14:13 PM »

Hoping to hear Estranged one night instead of Patience is nothing to apologize for. No one is suggesting less CD songs either...just nothing more than mixing and matching - it's all good, to be honest
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2010, 10:08:46 PM »

Because they were doing a 4 date tour and it was obvious that they set out to try and beat a record of playing for a certain time.  To play for over 3 hours at the intensity the band do takes a hell of a lot of energy and skill.  No way could they continually do that over a 10+ date tour.

Maybe they decided to do that amount of songs because it felt right at the time?  Maybe it was because they started earlier (Asia shows tend to start early evening) and had more time to do so?  Maybe Axl's voice felt good to go on and on?  Who knows?  All is said and done, GNR continually pull off a 2 and a half hour show minimum.  There's not many bands that do that out there.

One of the things about giving poeple something is that they will always expect more.  Personally I am just happy that they are touring the album, playing well and having fun. 

They play 3 and a half hours = people moan they didn't at the show they went to

People aren't moaning!  There simply requesting a song.  I too, want lots of Chinese songs, but that still leaves plenty of room (7-10), for others. 

My dream setlist...

Chinese Democracy
Scraped
Welcome To The Jungle
If The World
Sorry
Rocket Queen
Hair Of The Dog
Double Talkin Jive
This I Love
Used To Love Her
Better
You Could Be Mine
Civil War
Sweet Child O'Mine
Don't Cry
I.R.S.
Knockin On Heavens Door
There Was A Time

Encore

Shacklers Revenge
Estranged
Your Crazy (Lies Version)
Paradise City

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2010, 04:31:52 AM »

I know everyone is not moaning but I was making the point that it isn't as easy to just say 'lets just through Estranged in there somewhere'.

Putting on the show (as seen by Jarmo's great thread about the guitar tech) means a lot of work for different people - the band, crew etc.  Certain songs have pyros, certain lighting is used for other songs.  It would appear that just like the Illusion tour, the band have a group of songs that they pick from every night.  Certain songs like Sorry, Better, CD, Jungle, PC are mainstayers.  Songs like TWAT, Cathcer, OTGM are included if the mood or vibe is right.  It would be wonderful if the band were able to include EVERY GNR song that has ever been written in that grouping but it is an unrealistic expectation.

Who knows?  Maybe in 6 months at a different leg, Estranged may be included.  But for now, the band are concentrating the setlist on CD and Appetite.

GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2010, 06:22:14 AM »

Who knows?  Maybe in 6 months at a different leg, Estranged may be included. 

Maybe in 6 month i'll get what i'm asking for, right now ... that's why i don't give up ...  got to be positive   beer

wadey
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2010, 07:23:34 AM »

Who knows?  Maybe in 6 months at a different leg, Estranged may be included. 

Maybe in 6 month i'll get what i'm asking for, right now ... that's why i don't give up ...  got to be positive   beer

maybe at the leeds/reading fest.....just like they played 'used to love her' at donny  smoking

nobody expected it to be played, but it fitted in perfectly  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2010, 05:51:31 PM »

I understand everyones views in this thread.

But I have to say, there is no harm whatsover to wish for a particular song to be played even when the present tour is to promote the latest album. And bare in mind it's not just any song, most GN'R fans consider estranged to be really special to them. I'm sure Axl realises that the fans want to hear this song, and I'm sure he will do it live again at some point, but only when he's ready and feels it's time to perform it, just like Don't Cry.

If it's never played live again, I will respect that, as only Axl can decide if he wants to do it.

But I think, there's no harm at all to wish for it, it is an amazing song.  love

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2010, 05:56:27 PM »

But I have to say, there is no harm whatsover to wish for a particular song to be played even when the present tour is to promote the latest album. And bare in mind it's not just any song, most GN'R fans consider estranged to be really special to them.

This really sums it up perfectly ok
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2010, 01:41:52 AM »

it can't hurt to try the magic word... PLEASE play estranged soon  beer

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2010, 05:43:46 AM »

I hope they will play Estranged next time I will see Gunners live, because it is one of my favourite Gunner songs, I have never seen it live and it has a special meaning to my wife and me.

But I am not gonna die if they don't. I will be just very fuckin' happy to see Gunners live again (getting a bit impatcienced about the European tour here  nervous)

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2010, 10:32:20 AM »

I'm sure that the band will being to vary their setlist in the future. I for one would like to see more new stuff for sure, as someone stated this IS the CD WT. But they're smart enough to know if they fail to play certain songs they'll hear it from the fans. I think it's fairly obvious for awhile we may not be seeing Estranged, but I'm sure it will see the light of day. I honestly think Axl is very fond of the song, than again wtf do I know about Axl Rose  hihi
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2010, 04:47:31 PM »

i want PRETTY TIED UP !!!!

GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2010, 08:35:32 PM »

EverythingZen:
http://twitter.com/EverythingZen/status/11795849917

4tus: