Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:33:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: SLANE CASTLE 2010
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: SLANE CASTLE 2010  (Read 5946 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »

is it held on Aug 28th?.............so Guns would play 3 shows back to back, is this possible?

reading 27th - ireland 28th - leeds 29th
When was the last time you saw GN'R do three shows back to back?

July 29th, 2006 - London, UK @ Wembley Arena
July 30th, 2006 - London, UK @ Cuckoo Club
July 30th, 2006 - London, UK @ Wembley Arena

Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »

Yeah, I realize that could be considered three back to back shows.

But they were in the same city... And one was a fun acoustic show. Not a full arena one....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 12:40:33 PM »

is it held on Aug 28th?.............so Guns would play 3 shows back to back, is this possible?

Sleeping? or loads of money?Huh

what would you pick?

im thinking of logistics more than anything -
reading will finish late, pack up and ship to ireland, unpack and set up, finish late then pack up and ship to leeds.........you get the picture

I agree, you have to think of the practicalities. Also I can't remember the last time GN'R did 3 nights in a row. Also at these festivals, they tend to start kind of early. So say if GN'R finished Slane at midnight, the crew would have to fly back over to England to set up the stage before the festival gates open around 11am. It would be really hard on the crew guys, but I suppose it's not impossible.

But lets wait and see.  Tongue

PS. Does the date have to be on the 28th?.

You do know that G N' R never make use of their own stage on a festival?
wadey
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 12:57:27 PM »

Yeah, but also like i said earlier. Guns only uk festival dates are leeds - reading. Slane is uk Isnt it?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 01:13:39 PM »

Yeah, but also like i said earlier. Guns only uk festival dates are leeds - reading. Slane is uk Isnt it?

No - i'ts Republice of Ireland, which is not the UK (UK is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) ....
wadey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 01:40:30 PM »

So its possible then. I said earlier my geography was pants

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 01:52:47 PM »

I don't think that will happen....

Also, what day is it today?

/jarmo

In defense of the rumor, for what it's worth, I posted the article on another board yesterday, and it's been talked about for a few days. I don't believe it's an April Fools Day prank given it's fairly speculative at best - it's not like they're trumpeting the headliners as a certainty.

Also - not sure if the 28th date is set in stone. Wikipedia lists only the organizer saying it'll take place in August, with no specific date. The Slane Castle website does not list a date just yet.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 02:10:45 PM »

/jarmo

In defense of the rumor, for what it's worth, I posted the article on another board yesterday, and it's been talked about for a few days. I don't believe it's an April Fools Day prank given it's fairly speculative at best - it's not like they're trumpeting the headliners as a certainty.

Also - not sure if the 28th date is set in stone. Wikipedia lists only the organizer saying it'll take place in August, with no specific date. The Slane Castle website does not list a date just yet.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0219/1224264799470.html

THE OWNER of Slane Castle has said a concert has been provisionally scheduled for Saturday, August 28th.

Lord Henry Mountcharles said it was the only date available for a concert this summer.

edit  - i couldnt post the link earlier because i was on my mobile  ok

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:14:46 PM by wadey » Logged

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 04:09:58 PM »

/jarmo

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0219/1224264799470.html

THE OWNER of Slane Castle has said a concert has been provisionally scheduled for Saturday, August 28th.

Lord Henry Mountcharles said it was the only date available for a concert this summer.

edit  - i couldnt post the link earlier because i was on my mobile  ok

hmm, only date available, really?

Well that would bugger up the chances. I really don't see them playing three nights in a row...
CoBrA2168
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 04:53:01 PM »

Could this just not be an April fools joke?
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 04:54:47 PM »

No - i'ts Republice of Ireland, which is not the UK (UK is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) ....

Bogus state, I among other Irish citizens are of the view that there are thirty two counties on the island of the Irish Republic, "Northern Ireland" is a term invented by the British.

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 04:55:30 PM »

Could this just not be an April fools joke?

Not at all, the "Irish Times" is a very respectable media outlet.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »

what would you pick?

reading will finish late, pack up and ship to ireland, unpack and set up, finish late then pack up and ship to leeds.........you get the picture

I agree, you have to think of the practicalities. Also I can't remember the last time GN'R did 3 nights in a row. Also at these festivals, they tend to start kind of early. So say if GN'R finished Slane at midnight, the crew would have to fly back over to England to set up the stage before the festival gates open around 11am. It would be really hard on the crew guys, but I suppose it's not impossible.

No, but they do use their own gear etc which still needs to be trucked around.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2010, 05:50:22 PM »

So how do you think the drums and keyboard riser got to.. Download for instance?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »

what would you pick?

No, but they do use their own gear etc which still needs to be trucked around.

Exactly, I'm on about the stage where the piano is under and I'm sure there will be some screens used by GN'R and other stuff like stairs or steps and the effects pedals. Also when GN'R Played the Download festival and Rock AM Ring in 2006, everything onstage was the same as if you was at a GN'R arena show. So yes, they probably will bring all their stage show to the festivals too, like in 2006.

ok
wadey
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »

Have a look at jarmo's 'a day in the life of guitar tech' and we can appreciate how much work goes into the setup etc, and thats just one technician never mind the whole crew

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »

Have a look at jarmo's 'a day in the life of guitar tech' and we can appreciate how much work goes into the setup etc, and thats just one technician never mind the whole crew

Exactly, it would be almost impossible for GN'R to do Slane if the only available date is the 28th August. Eragon said that GN'R don't use their own stage at festivals which is not true. In 2006 they did, and I'm sure this year they will bring most of, if not all their stage show with them.

I don't know where Eragon got that from because, at Download, Rock AM Ring and Inland Invasion in 2006 they had the full stage just as if they were doing a headlining arena show.
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 06:59:44 PM »

As far as the stage goes I heard a story once about the bigger bands, now I dunno if this is bollocks or not but the bigger bands have 2 stages goin round for touring. One stage for todays gig in ireland lets say, and another on its way to germany for tomorrows gig while the irish gig is happenin. Does this make sense?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2010, 07:22:02 PM »

As far as the stage goes I heard a story once about the bigger bands, now I dunno if this is bollocks or not but the bigger bands have 2 stages goin round for touring. One stage for todays gig in ireland lets say, and another on its way to germany for tomorrows gig while the irish gig is happenin. Does this make sense?
Yeah, I've heard that's the way U2 handled things on their 360 tour.  2 stages.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »

I recently wrote a letter to the company who run the concerts at Slane Castle, I effectively used hyperbole and stated there would be a great demand for Guns N' Roses, I explained the release of their latest album, the recent "Chinese Democracy World Tour", and reiterated the memories from 1992. Hopefully I've left a mark in their minds and this whole thing pans out nicely. ok

So did I, that's mad, would be great! At least we put it out there to them. I hope they return to Slane, really do

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: