Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 01:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Doctor Alibi Streaming Now
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Doctor Alibi Streaming Now  (Read 8722 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« on: March 29, 2010, 11:11:17 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Slash/e/B000APVSRE//ref=pe_64050_14664150_pe_00_head//B000APVSRE

Awesome rocker. I love the intro and the main riff.

Fuck 'Em All.
nightrain_st
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:07:37 AM »

Not sure if everyone is aware, but the whole album was recently leaked, even though we've heard pretty much all the songs.
Saint is a Sinner Too is kinda wierd but nice and We?re all gonna die es just Ok but has some nice guitars on it.

Only sons that are un-heard are Shackles and Chains and the song with Cooper, Nicole and Adler.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 01:38:36 AM »

Yes, but the stream is legal and the song can be discussed here.

Fuck 'Em All.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 02:59:49 AM »

fucking awesome song!  love the intro also and the riffs.  Brilliant rocker.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 07:08:44 AM »

I actually enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would. Never been a big Lemmy fan.
Surprised that so far no one's complained about the riff being a rip-off, though. People jumped on the fact that one line in 'Beautiful Dangerous' bore a slight resemblance to another song. But the riff in this one is exactly the same as 'Main Man' by The Ramones and everyone loves it.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 07:19:29 AM »

Surprised that so far no one's complained about the riff being a rip-off, though. People jumped on the fact that one line in 'Beautiful Dangerous' bore a slight resemblance to another song. But the riff in this one is exactly the same as 'Main Man' by The Ramones and everyone loves it.

This has been mentioned a few times now and riff is exactly the same.The chances of Slash not knowing that is quite slim, so I'm assuming they somehow have permission to use the riff.

Fuck 'Em All.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 07:21:15 AM »

I actually enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would. Never been a big Lemmy fan.

Back from Cali and Rolling Stones "Slave" are apparently similar in some part too..  

Every single day its getting tougher to be original lol.  look at Dirty little Thing and Riad etc..

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 08:18:36 AM »

Speaking of Dirty Little Thing, the solo in this song in has part of the Dirty Little Thing solo in it as well. Guess it is getting hard for Slash to come up with original riffs and solos... Shocked

I don't really wanna rip on Slash, but on the rockers on this album, he's just playing power chords for the most part, which is disappointing considering the riffs he is capable of.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 08:39:52 AM »

yeah there is a bit of the solo that is like Dirty Little Thing.  All guitarists have their signature licks though. 
I like the riffs on the album, even though a lot of it is powerchords.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »

yeah there is a bit of the solo that is like Dirty Little Thing.  All guitarists have their signature licks though. 

On Watch This, Slash is playing many of his Signature Licks as well...  I forget which song, but he has they exact run from sweet child o'mine in it as well... His solo from Mother Maria and By the Sword are both great and very original.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 09:44:35 AM »

Back from Cali and Rolling Stones "Slave" are apparently similar in some part too..  

Every single day its getting tougher to be original lol.  look at Dirty little Thing and Riad etc..

The claim that "Slave" is the same is nuts.....   
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 09:44:43 AM »

On Watch This, Slash is playing many of his Signature Licks as well...  I forget which song, but he has they exact run from sweet child o'mine in it as well... His solo from Mother Maria and By the Sword are both great and very original.

ill listen out for that!  just listening to "We're all gonna die", what an awesome tune!  great soloing and riffing again!  Lyrics are so funny!

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »

Just noticed some of the solo on I hold on has a similar lick to Messages and Watch This has a similar lick to Slither.  Just in the solos.  listen real close though!  Smiley

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »

Just noticed some of the solo on I hold on has a similar lick to Messages and Watch This has a similar lick to Slither.  Just in the solos.  listen real close though!  Smiley
yup, i heard that the first time i listened to the song
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 12:03:46 PM »

I've never heard that slave song, nor the song that DLT was similar too.. riad though, are you meaning the sampled intro before the guitars come in?
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 12:20:40 PM »

I love the intro and the main riff.

The intro is very AFD!

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 12:47:21 PM »

I've never heard that slave song, nor the song that DLT was similar too.. riad though, are you meaning the sampled intro before the guitars come in?

Having a similar riff, or even ripping off a riff, is nowhere near the same thing as the ambient noise issue with "Riad N' The Bedouins".  One thing is central to the song itself, while the other is completely incidental.

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »

Having a similar riff, or even ripping off a riff, is nowhere near the same thing as the ambient noise issue with "Riad N' The Bedouins".  One thing is central to the song itself, while the other is completely incidental.

Ali

Ali, that was a direct sample, not even a cover......    Coming up with a simple riff that sounds like another simple riff is very common.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 01:31:43 PM »

Ali

Ali, that was a direct sample, not even a cover......    Coming up with a simple riff that sounds like another simple riff is very common.

It may be common, but there is a distinct difference between having a riff that is identical to another and an ambient noise intro that is completely incidental to the song itself.  The former is the foundation on which the song itself is built, while the latter is irrelevant to the song itself.

I'm not trying to start an argument about this, but let's be honest and not conflate two things that are in reality dissimilar.

Ali
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 01:34:01 PM »

Ali

It may be common, but there is a distinct difference between having a riff that is identical to another and an ambient noise intro that is completely incidental to the song itself.  The former is the foundation on which the song itself is built, while the latter is irrelevant to the song itself.

I'm not trying to start an argument about this, but let's be honest and not conflate two things that are in reality dissimilar.

Ali
if one were to remove the nosie intro to riad, it would still be the same song, if the riff to this song would be changed it would be a different song all together, simple as that
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: